Haven't been able to fly in a while.
881 11 2017-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Due to weather and work, I haven't been able to fly my Mavic since April, around Easter. I haven't updated the Mavic or charged the batteries since then either. I'm not sure what the last update version I have on the Mavic. What I'm wondering is, if I haven't updated since then, and want to fly it, can I skip all the previous versions? Or will I be able to update each version up to the latest update. I'm kind of afraid to try and fly it now, since it's been so long.
Will I need to do anything to the batteries?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-8-8
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

DON'T UPDATE especially if you are on the .400 or less than .800.... Just turn the AIRPLANE MODE ON and have fun flying!!!
2017-8-8
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

So which version is the best to have?  
2017-8-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'll let others speak to the upgrades, I would crank it up and take what upgrades are there, but others may not.  As for the batteries, charge them up fully and then do some gentle flying, enough to run them all down to 10-15%, and then recharge them again.  I wouldn't push them too hard until you have a couple of new cycles on them.  That will help cycle them back.  Batteries do best when used regularly, and not overstressed.  My 2 cents worth.
2017-8-8
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

0700 is the bestest
OP when you start you controller you will get a Red band on the App mandatory Upgrade to Fly...DON'T DO IT.!
just give your controller a few minutes then after GPS is established it should go Green and "Ready to Fly"
...........C
2017-8-8
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-8 17:50
So which version is the best to have?

but again anything less than .800 is better than the .800 and the new.900 where you have to log in into DJI and get snooped on and NFZ lock down AND ALL THE ISSUES THAT COMES WITH IT etc...

In regards to batteries, I had my P3P sitting for over a year and last month took the 3 batteries out, charged them and flew them with no problems.

JUST REMEMBER if you choose to update you will NOT have a choice to choose which update to update to. So check your FW first and see which version you have first. Some people are dying to get hold of any updates below the .800

2017-8-8
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-8 18:10
anything less than .800 is better than the .800 and the new.900 where you have to log in into DJI and get snooped on and NFZ lock down AND ALL THE ISSUES THAT COMES WITH IT etc...

Thanks.  If I read your post correctly, it's .900 where you have to log in and get snooped on.  So what was wrong with .800 then, if it didn't have the login requirement?

As for people dying to get ahold of anything below .800, I would think a quick google search would solve that.
2017-8-8
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Some people really like conspiracy theories.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

You can upgrade to the latest firmware version directly. As for the batteries, fully charge them, if the APP requests you to upgrade them, please do it.
2017-8-8
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

I do have two more questions. I've read that starting at .800 FW, that you have to login to DJI GO. Do I have to login every time I fly? Or just right after the upgrade and then can logout? As dumb as this next question maybe, I'm going to ask it anyway... sorry. Will logging in use cellular data?
2017-8-9
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-8-8 18:21
Thanks.  If I read your post correctly, it's .900 where you have to log in and get snooped on.  So what was wrong with .800 then, if it didn't have the login requirement?

As for people dying to get ahold of anything below .800, I would think a quick google search would solve that.

It started with .800. So anything below .800 is good. I am still on .700 with no issues whatsoever. I fly in Airplane mode and don't  sync anything to DJI.
2017-8-9
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-8 18:39
Some people really like conspiracy theories.

No conspiracies.  I just don't want a paper trail leading back to a specific DJI-registered account if my drone is found crashed in the bushes underneath some hot neighbor's window.  She's likely to get the wrong idea, you understand.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules