Version 4.1.5 video cache problem
1923 13 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ACSoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70778 ft
Switzerland

Devs, if you activate the new option to locate video cache on SD card, the function "Clear Video Cache" don't work.

Please correct.
2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide more details about "locate video cache on SD card"? Any screenshots or operating video will be appreciated.
2017-8-15
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 02:11
Could you please provide more details about "locate video cache on SD card"? Any screenshots or operating video will be appreciated.

"locate video cache on SD card" is simply the new option which you, DJI, introduced in your last version 4.1.5 of your application "DJI GO 4".

Open the application, open general settings, look at section "video cache", it is the 3rd parameter of this secion.

DJI Thor, you don't known what your firm do ?

Anyway, hope that now, you will identify the problem and correct it.

2017-8-15
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor, is it Ok now ?

Did-you identifed and reproduced the bug, so we cant expect a soon correction ?
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2017-8-17 11:57
DJI Thor, is it Ok now ?

Did-you identifed and reproduced the bug, so we cant expect a soon correction ?

I am extremely sorry for the late reply, but I had checked with both the mobile device and built-in screen RC, none of this I could find the option you mentioned. Please refer to the pictures below. Thank you for your patience and your kind understanding. webwxgetmsgimg (1).jpg webwxgetmsgimg.jpg
2017-9-7
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 00:36
I am extremely sorry for the late reply, but I had checked with both the mobile device and built-in screen RC, none of this I could find the option you mentioned. Please refer to the pictures below. Thank you for your patience and your kind understanding. [view_image][view_image]

Just wondering, does our build in screen have Go 4 v 4.1.5?
Mine when updated to latest would only have 4.1.4 ... as a side note, the map handling has been screwed up in that version, look like some very old issues with Berlin has been put back again.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-11 05:24
Just wondering, does our build in screen have Go 4 v 4.1.5?
Mine when updated to latest would only have 4.1.4 ... as a side note, the map handling has been screwed up in that version, look like some very old issues with Berlin has been put back again.

The app is updated along with the RC's firmware. So if there is no update to the RC, the version of the app will also remain on the current version. Could you please provide me with more details about your RC? Will do my best to help. Thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-12 01:04
The app is updated along with the RC's firmware. So if there is no update to the RC, the version of the app will also remain on the current version. Could you please provide me with more details about your RC? Will do my best to help. Thanks.

I was just wondering as OP is asking regarding v.4.1.5 and then you post pictures from the buildin screen (+) that is only on v.4.1.4 at the moment.

Regarding my RC, there is the range issue introduced with 1.04.0602 + False NFZ is spoiling mapview and with v.4.1.4 an old error was re-introduced making the maps often act strange, specialy when in the flight log player.
2017-9-12
Use props
djiuser_7SJCSSv
Banned

Vietnam

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-18
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-7 00:36
I am extremely sorry for the late reply, but I had checked with both the mobile device and built-in screen RC, none of this I could find the option you mentioned. Please refer to the pictures below. Thank you for your patience and your kind understanding. [view_image][view_image]

Screenshot_20170920-003327.png
Dji Thor, please look this included screenshot, you can see the option.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ACSoft Posted at 2017-9-19 14:41
[view_image]
Dji Thor, please look this included screenshot, you can see the option.

Sorry, it is my fault that I haven't check an Android device with external SD card. I'll ask the engineers to confirm this and will get back to you once I heard the news from them. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-20
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

We are now in 2018, numerous update of DJI GO 4 app were published since I started this thread (actual version 4.2.16) and STILL NO CORRECTION NOR A STATEMENT FROM DJI ON THIS PROBLEM. Clear cache function still does not work for Android version, when the cache is located on SD card.

DJI Thor, you said you will get back to me, but 9 months later, I am still waiting !!!
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

ACSoft Posted at 2018-6-4 07:24
We are now in 2018, numerous update of DJI GO 4 app were published since I started this thread (actual version 4.2.16) and STILL NO CORRECTION NOR A STATEMENT FROM DJI ON THIS PROBLEM. Clear cache function still does not work for Android version, when the cache is located on SD card.

DJI Thor, you said you will get back to me, but 9 months later, I am still waiting !!!

"Clear cache function still does not work for Android version, when the cache is located on SD card"

That might be your problem but your claim it doesn't work for Android is simply wrong.
I'm caching to SD card and always clear it after a few flights successfully.

And it seems you are the only one with the problem. So you may want to check if your device is capable of handling the Go app.

2018-6-4
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 09:53
"Clear cache function still does not work for Android version, when the cache is located on SD card"

That might be your problem but your claim it doesn't work for Android is simply wrong.

I never pretended it won't work for any Android devices, but for sure, it does for my tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A / 32gb / Android 7.0, which is, as far as I know, a very popular device and recommended by many shops for usage with DJI Phantom 4 Pro product.

In fact, I bought the 16gb version with my Phantom 4 Pro and changed recently for the 32gb version. Both have the same problem with the cache clearing.

2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules