Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Won't work in DC area
668 6 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdf16afdd
lvl.1
United States

I have been calling customer service for 2 days, with little to no response. The service techs are useless, and will not let you talk to someone in charge or who knows what they are doing.
We bought this drone, but are unable to use it because we are 20 miles from DC.  We are NOT in restricted airspace.  It's defined very clearly here https://www.faa.gov/uas/where_to_fly/no_drone_zone/  
Customer service keeps telling us to email flysafe@dji.com and request the waiver, but the flysafe departement denies the request each time.
No one is taking responsibity and we can not use the drone.
Please help!

2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but UNLOCKING ZONES is in charge of flysafe@dji.com, support may fail to provide more assistance regarding that.
I have confirmed with flysafe team, your two applications were rejected for reasons.
For the first time, you failed to provide ''a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in the intended area" and "A form of positive identification of the person signing the statement''.
For the second time, deadline expired, please submit the application in advance, they need 1-2 business days for approval.

The reject reasons should have been sent to you by email, please check and apply again in advance with essential materials.
2017-8-9
Use props
fansdf16afdd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-9 19:25
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, but UNLOCKING ZONES is in charge of flysafe@dji.com, support may fail to provide more assistance regarding that.
I have confirmed with flysafe team, your two applications were rejected for reasons.
For the first time, you failed to provide ''a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in the intended area" and "A form of positive identification of the person signing the statement''.

I have provided yet another request (4 have been submitted).  They are always being rejected because I didn't have a written statement with ID.  Per the FAA, there is no requirement to provide a written statement or ID.  So I do not know what to provide.  Please assist.  No one is helping.  I continue to get the same form email rejection every time.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansdf16afdd
lvl.1
United States

What does "please check and apply again in advance with essential materials." mean???
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry for the confusion, here are the details:
A form of Authorization:
Please submit to us documentation of your authorization to fly in the designated area. Examples of such documentation include but are not limited to a certificate of authorization, operating license or permit from a national aviation authority, a letter of agreement with an airport, a statement of work from a facility that has hired you for the operation, etc.

A form of Identification:
a copy of your driver’s license or a copy of the front of a major credit card or a copy of a national identification card, etc.

These are forms you forgot to attach. And the application should be submitted in advance.
Please let us know if there are more queries.
2017-8-10
Use props
fansdf16afdd
lvl.1
United States

These forms of authorization are not applicable for the area that I would like to fly.  Can you please waive that requirement? Otherwise, I need a refund, because the drone does not work.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdf16afdd Posted at 2017-8-11 06:46
These forms of authorization are not applicable for the area that I would like to fly.  Can you please waive that requirement? Otherwise, I need a refund, because the drone does not work.

I'm sorry that I'm unable to decide to waive the form of authorization, please send email to flysafe@dji.com for further communication and negotiation.
My I have more details of the problems the drone encountered?
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules