Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Three Mavic Pros and have yet to get a good one.
2218 26 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodzilla5150
Flight distance : 31831 ft
United States

My original Mavic Pro started out great. But after a few flights, I noticed there was a slight softness on the left side of the image. I tried all kinds of camera settings, ND and ND/PL filters and the problem never changed. I called DJI and did everything they suggested to do to remedy the problem, but nothing worked. So, I was instructed to send it in for repairs. The online progress report said it had been received, assessed, repaired, tested, checked for quality assurance and sent back. A week later, what I got was a different (new) Mavic Pro (not my repaired one). This one had an excellent camera image but the gimbal was doing weird things (Horizon tilt at startup - everytime). Did all the recalibrations, firmware, yadayada...nothing helped. So, back to DJI with that one. Again, online repair progress said the same thing "repaired" etc... One week later, What I got back again was a different (looked new) Mavic Prp with even worse gimbal problems. I did all the usual recalibrations and so forth...nothing helped. So, I'm sending this one back.

I've now had three Mavic Pros, all with issues. Whoever DJI is using to manufacture their camera/gimbals needs to be fired! I know many of you have experienced the same thing. I've waisted two weeks and change dealing with these issues and will now have another week of use gone.  I bought the Mavic Pro to video my son's mountain bike racing this summer and have missed two of those races already.

Hey DJI, is there a way for you to send me a properly inspected, checked out, tested and working Mavic Pro? How about a battery or DJI Refresh for all the trouble? Sorry, I'm just a little frustrated.

Depsite all this, I have to say that my experience with DJI customer service has been very good, at times even excellent. They are courteous, patient, undestanding and very nice. A+++ for customer service.  Moreover, turn around time for the replacements was one week or less. That is quick by any standards. Keep in mind that I do live about 2-1/2 hours drive from the DJI service facility in Cerritos, CA and no, they wouldn't let me take it there for repairs. The best way I found to get help is to contact them via online chat.

It's a shame the quality control isn't up to par with their customer service.

Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope the fourth Mavic Pro will be a winner! Whish me luck!!

2017-8-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience first. I appreciate your pertinent suggestion. Could you PM me your case number? I'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up for you.
2017-8-10
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-10 02:30
Sorry for the inconvenience first. I appreciate your pertinent suggestion. Could you PM me your case number? I'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up for you.

Hey Susan,

Sorry, but it's been a frustrating process. I do appreciate all that customer service has done to help. This does not reflect on their efforts.

I started another case yesterday. CAS-880880-M8Q5V3. I am currently waiting for the return label from UPS.
2017-8-10
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hey Rodzilla - that sux big time.
dji should really look into this new drone camera problem - i have seen many users suffer from.
I see it a lot on this forum but i dont see the answers as to why it is so or what causes it.

Patience and polite persistance - good luck - i am sure the next one will be perfect

2017-8-10
Use props
WhiteRabbit
lvl.1
United States

I'm afraid this is too common. I also had a camera issue - jello effect. So after a couple of days of useless communication with support I've sent my for repair. After I got a replacement it also had jello, so I just gave up on their support. Unfortunately, they are only good at make you waiting. Using and filter now, which reduces the shutter speed and by that the jello. Recalibrating the compass right before each flight and adjusting the tilt - seems to help a bit.
So disappointing. I'd returned mine, but I was dumb enough to buy it directly from dji. Well, lesson learned.
2017-8-10
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

Thanks guys for your sympathy. I bought mine from eBay. My advice to anyone who buys a Mavic Pro is to buy it at Best Buy. If it doesn't work right, they will take it back usually without a hassle.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rodzilla5150 Posted at 2017-8-10 09:59
Hey Susan,

Sorry, but it's been a frustrating process. I do appreciate all that customer service has done to help. This does not reflect on their efforts.

Received with thanks! As checked the case status, our colleagues have sent you the shipping label, please check the spam whether you have received it. If not, please PM me and confirm the email address, I will arrange resend asap.
2017-8-14
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

Update: I got Mavic Pro #4 from DJI repair yesterday. They did not send me a new product with matching serial number Mavic. So, who knows if this is a new one. Also, the fact that I had to link/bind my remote (like all the other times) to this one makes me doubt they tested like I asked them to. Just like the other replacements, this one too drifts at start up, but not as bad. I only flew it one time since I got it and it flies well, but still have to play with camera settings to see if the camera is good. We've been having a heat wave here in California and it's been too hot to got out and fly.

If I didn't have such a good gimbal on my first Mavic, I would swear this gimbal drift is normal with these things. If only that one had a better camera! I don't have a lot of confidence in this replacement one. But I will fly it and see how it does. If the gimbal holds during flight and the camera is good, I may surrender and just keep this one. Maybe they'll solve the drift issue with the next firmware update or two, three, four...who knows.

I'll post an update later.
2017-8-31
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

UPDATE: I got some more flights in and the gimbal was doing the same thing as the other Mavic Pros. I thought, why do all of them do this? Then I realized the only thing that was not changed out was my remote. So, I decided to calibrate my remote joysticks. It helped quite a bit. I think the centering of the joysticks may have been off a little, resulting in a drift. But after the calibration, it doesn't seem to drift, wander, as much. I don't know if this will cure it, but it did seem to help. I'll keep flying it and see.
2017-9-10
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United States

keep me updated please
2017-9-10
Use props
DocAraxá
First Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I hope your issue will solve!
After all this, you deserve!
2017-9-11
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

UPDATE: It turns out that the remote calibration may not have been the issue. I went out for some flights this morning and number four Mavic started doing same gimbal issues as the others. I contacted DJI customer service and explained my situation. They are very nice, btw, and asked me to send this one back. I asked if I could pay the difference and get a Mavic Pro Platinum, in hopes that the new version won't suffer from the same gimbal issues, but they would not do it.  So, it looks like back to DJI with number four.

Also, I asked if he could assure me that this time, they would send me a NEW Mavic Pro and Box with matching serial numbers and test it for camera, gimbal and flight performance, like I asked for the last time. He said, "they would try the best they can." I feel so much better now...NOT. Customer service says one thing...but DJI repair never does what customer service says they will do. Lip service I guess. We'll see.

I must be getting used to this game, because I a feel like... whatever, just send out another one and pray for the best. This is stupid.
2017-9-11
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rodzilla5150 Posted at 2017-9-11 10:24
UPDATE: It turns out that the remote calibration may not have been the issue. I went out for some flights this morning and number four Mavic started doing same gimbal issues as the others. I contacted DJI customer service and explained my situation. They are very nice, btw, and asked me to send this one back. I asked if I could pay the difference and get a Mavic Pro Platinum, in hopes that the new version won't suffer from the same gimbal issues, but they would not do it.  So, it looks like back to DJI with number four.

Also, I asked if he could assure me that this time, they would send me a NEW Mavic Pro and Box with matching serial numbers and test it for camera, gimbal and flight performance, like I asked for the last time. He said, "they would try the best they can." I feel so much better now...NOT. Customer service says one thing...but DJI repair never does what customer service says they will do. Lip service I guess. We'll see.

Can I ask if you've done any firmware updates, in the latest update one of the fixes was:-

" Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking. "
2017-9-11
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

I've done all the firmware updates and recalibrated the crap out of it.
2017-9-11
Use props
Jeff7577
First Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Do you have a video of this issue. Are you aware of the gimbal roll adjustment. The softness on the left side seems to be inherent in most mavic. It sounds like you are sending perfectly good drones back simply because your expectation is too high.
2017-9-11
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just sold my MP and getting ready to put in an order for the Platinum and kinda hesitating due to these kind of problems.
2017-9-11
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

Jeff7577, I don't have a video of the problem and I just packed it up to be sent back. Yes, I have done the gimbal auto calibration , then adjusted the camera roll. What it does is at startup is wander around left to right, then horizon tilt, then it slowly comes back to level. It also has a big lag time to comeback to center after a turn. It also tilts randomly during flight. I've done all the calibrations. IMU, Compass, Gimbal, etc... I though at one point it was solved when I calibrated my remote, but it came back after a couple of startups. My original Mavic had a great, perfectly working, gimbal but blurry image on the left. This is how I know how a proper gimbal works. The replacement Mavic Pros have had great image quality but defective gimbals. I honestly wish I had kept the first one and changed out the camera barrel myself. My expectations aren't high. I just want my $1,300 drone to work as it should. I am not the only one having these issues. There are several others who have received replacement drones with defective gimbals. In fact one person finally got a good one on his 7th Mavic. It's not high expectations. It's poor quality control from DJI. I know there are good Mavic Pros out there. One's without blurry cameras and drifting gimbals. It's like DJI is just resending the same bad units out as replacements.

Lucas775, I hope they resolved this issue with the Platinum version. Let us know how it works when you get it.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, Rod, I had received your PM, I feel so regretful for the inconvenience that you've been experiencing. I had forwarded your need to the designated department and they will take care of your case once the drone arrived. Sincerely sorry again and appreciate your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
Rodzilla5150
United States

I got replacement number 5 yesterday. Opened up the box. I did not get an new product box and the Mavic they sent me was a used one. Complete with the previous owners Micro SD card (with his video), damaged prop, and his settings (the Mavic was named DRUID). The gimbal works okay, but I'm right back where I started, with a soft/blurry image on the left side. WTF DJI!!
2017-9-16
Use props
Jon_ny23
United States

Rodzilla5150 Posted at 2017-9-16 19:47
I got replacement number 5 yesterday. Opened up the box. I did not get an new product box and the Mavic they sent me was a used one. Complete with the previous owners Micro SD card (with his video), damaged prop, and his settings (the Mavic was named DRUID). The gimbal works okay, but I'm right back where I started, with a soft/blurry image on the left side. WTF DJI!!

Sorry to hear that..I am currently waiting on my mavic pro also from their repair service center in California. I also have some problems with the gimbal. My video feedback was all shaky and jello like..  So according to them they are fixing the controller ESC board. No idea if that is related to my gimbal issue.  I've heard so many complaints about their repair service.. I just hope that they find a way to improve that department.

I will try to keep you updated with my experience also once i get my Mavic Pro back.  Good luck with yours. Keep me updated too if you can. Would like to know if DJI finds a way to resolve your issue.
2017-9-16
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 00:59
Received with thanks! As checked the case status, our colleagues have sent you the shipping label, please check the spam whether you have received it. If not, please PM me and confirm the email address, I will arrange resend asap.

I'm a big fan of this lady...
2017-9-16
Use props
De Anda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1499 ft
United States

Rodzilla5150 Posted at 2017-9-16 19:47

Thats just insulting if you ask me. its like they said here take this crap and shut up. who ever is shipping replacements must not care anymore. i think you deserve a new one thats been checked. i mean number 5. thats insane.
2017-9-16
Use props
YouserName
lvl.1
Flight distance : 185892 ft
United Kingdom

This is mental!! So how long in total have you been without your Mavic?

Mine has the 'gimbal reset mid-flight' problem and from what I've been reading, I'd rather go through the stress the gimbal reset issue gives me than to go through the DJI repair service. The wait, the second hand Mavics being sent back, Mavics with faults being sent back, chasing DJI, all will be a bit too much for me.

I'm guessing they're receiving a lot of faulty Mavics and as soon as they've fixed whatever problem on the Mavic, they're shipping it out to the next person waiting in line to receive theirs. That's why so many people are getting other peoples Mavics.

I mean, if theres a gimbal issue, how hard is it to replace the gimbal and correct the fault and send back the same drone? What's easier is to just send a boxed one off the shelf as it's gone through quality checks already.

Damn.
2017-9-17
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Maybe it's your eyes?
2017-9-17
Use props
RCNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

you are way too patient pal, i would be looking elsewhere & a full refund/ going nuts with all that, 5 YES i said 5 times you had to sent it back / wait and receive a faulty unit - DJI this surely cannot be acceptable
2017-9-17
Use props
Jon_ny23
United States

Wonder if they will properly correct your issue if you report them to the better business bureau..I might have to do that if I encounter the same situation you are in...
2017-9-17
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2017-9-11 17:19
Do you have a video of this issue. Are you aware of the gimbal roll adjustment. The softness on the left side seems to be inherent in most mavic. It sounds like you are sending perfectly good drones back simply because your expectation is too high.

I agree 100%
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules