Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Beta firmware e-mail
12Next >
4661 48 2017-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
usarfireman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79957 ft
United Kingdom

Just had e-mail from DJI regarding beta firmware,

DJI Support (Support)

Aug 10, 14:31 CST

Dear Customer,

Nice day.
Here is the email from DJI tech support team.

Via your post on DJI Forum, we got that there exist the unstable flight issue on your DJI Phantom 4 after upgrading Firmware to v02.00.0106.
We worked on it and made a Beta firmware to fix that issue.

But for making sure the fimware works on your case, we need your help to send us the specified flight data as below steps within 24 hours.
Then our R&D team will push the beta firmware to you after receiving the data.

Please execute as following steps strickly, thanks a lot.

1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.

2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.

3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.

4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.
And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.

5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.
Please execute the operation for twice as well.

6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.

7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
Here is a video FYI to export the data.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and if you have any questions here, please no hesitated to contact us.

Best regards,

DJI tech support

I've downgraded my firmware and its flying fine so will not be testing this out but if any one who has not downgraded perhaps they should try this and send there flight data to DJI
2017-8-9
Use props
Jason Grubb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5456 ft
United Kingdom

At least this maybe proves DJI are working on the situation.
I have this issue with the new firmware, but would be unable to test due to my location now for the next 4 days
I wish DJI would have posted an announcement to say they were working on a fix for us all !
2017-8-9
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yep - I received it also. I'm happy to help DJI sort this out, but they said they wanted the data 'within 24 hours'. I can't do it until the weekend, so I've emailed to ask if that still meets their timeframe. A bit of a tall ask, btw - we do have jobs during the week, after all...

And I have to say, without having the downgrade solution discussed over the last few weeks, there's NO way that I'd ever consider participating in a beta test again after my experience with DJI's beta program for the P4 at the start of the year.
2017-8-9
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Be interesting to know if DJI sent this to other Beta testers, also how many of them actually do help by Beta testing.  I have been in a situation many times in another capacity where I say "I am a beta tester" but actually all I am doing is playing with new stuff early and never actually reporting or testing for the companies.

Good luck with the testing guys!
2017-8-9
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I got the mail, too. Unfortunately we have rain now and might get thunderstorms also, so I don't know if I will be able to test the firmware within 24 hours.
2017-8-10
Use props
beeper
lvl.4
Australia

This is a bit of a joke on DJI's behalf why are they not testing this on their drones. Also asking us to do this within 24 hrs is a bit rich since it has taken them weeks to get to this point. At the moment I don't have time to do this and the weather on the weekend looks to be wet. At least it is a move in the right direction, helpfully this will help sort the problems out.
2017-8-10
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

beeper Posted at 2017-8-10 00:07
This is a bit of a joke on DJI's behalf why are they not testing this on their drones. Also asking us to do this within 24 hrs is a bit rich since it has taken them weeks to get to this point. At the moment I don't have time to do this and the weather on the weekend looks to be wet. At least it is a move in the right direction, helpfully this will help sort the problems out.

I am sure they do test themselves, but then they are now passing it to the Beta testing community, who would probably argue in another post that we don't get asked.
2017-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Remind me if I'm wrong, but I assume they've only sent Beta requests to those that requested it ?
2017-8-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I requested it (and got a PM from Natalia confirming that my request had been received) and I have not got the email. Joe, Natalia - anyone care to comment?

Does anyone else not feel a pang of concern that the beta firmware has to be customised based on flight data? What are they going to do? Have the entire user base perform an aerial dance and then send them the appropriate fix?
2017-8-10
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1084961 ft
Spain

I have the email, but I can not fly and get thevlogs because of the bad stormy weather
2017-8-10
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I have the same problem with my old P4 since the first beta hope they fix it.
2017-8-10
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

I also got the email about the beta, I can fly this afternoon and sent the logs, what do you guys think
2017-8-10
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

F.KOK Posted at 2017-8-10 03:06
I also got the email about the beta, I can fly this afternoon and sent the logs, what do you guys think

What have you got to lose ?

If it's not working properly at the moment, and they are offering the chance of a fix (Instant gratification ) then it seems it would be worth a try.

The alternative would be for nobody to do anything, get the formal release in a few days/weeks, and perhaps be in the same position again.
At least if records are sent in by those that are in a position to do so, then you know that somebody is looking directly at data from your aircraft, and at least considering that before the final release.
2017-8-10
Use props
F.KOK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18878960 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-10 03:25

If it's not working properly at the moment, and they are offering the chance of a fix (Instant gratification  ) then it seems it would be worth a try.

Thanks Aardvark we think the same. Also thanks for your respectful input on the forum always.
2017-8-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-10 03:25

If it's not working properly at the moment, and they are offering the chance of a fix (Instant gratification  ) then it seems it would be worth a try.

"What have you got to lose". Bet that's what NASA said when they asked the Challenger guys if they wanted to join the space program.

2017-8-10
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

I agree with Aardvark, I have nothing to loose, I have my P4 virtually grounded because I don't feel confident with her behaviour in the last two weeks. I will take the risk of upgrading to the beta version.
2017-8-10
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If you receive the beta firmware from DJI, and your P4 crash because of that beta firmware, I'm sure DJI will help out. I definately would fly and test it if I could, but we have rain.
2017-8-10
Use props
Slipstrm111
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5256 ft
Mexico

I got the email. Im not rolling to the failware again. Not worth the risk of crashing.
2017-8-10
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

If you crash on their beta firmware because of a software issue when you are outside of the dji warranty period, do they honor a warranty fix?
2017-8-10
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am sure that all those that signed up for the Beta knew what they were signing up for and what the implications are if they crash.  Otherwise, why do it?
2017-8-10
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can those that are taking part in the beta programme (I would but I wasn't cool enough to get an invite) please keep the community updated on how it goes. I'm guessing NDAs are off the table this time round ;) Might have to get one of you to back it up for me with *cough* that *cough* application that shall not be named.
2017-8-10
Use props
jesper n
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84501 ft
Sweden

Well,i will not help out,still havent got any bonus for helping out in your betatest last time...1 april was the date for the bonus payout,still nothing
2017-8-10
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-8-10 02:33
I requested it (and got a PM from Natalia confirming that my request had been received) and I have not got the email. Joe, Natalia - anyone care to comment?

Does anyone else not feel a pang of concern that the beta firmware has to be customised based on flight data? What are they going to do? Have the entire user base perform an aerial dance and then send them the appropriate fix?

I would guess they want baseline data, rather than data to customize the firmware.
2017-8-10
Use props
GrangerFX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

DJI should have provided downgrade instructions and then had each tester follow the instructions in the current buggy firmware and the previous known stable firmware and compared the results. That's how you debug this kind of problem.
2017-8-10
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I bet not one person has actually received or will receive any bata firmware. I call BS.
2017-8-10
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-10 13:23
I bet not one person has actually received or will receive any bata firmware. I call BS.

I have just sent them the link to my Flight Date after running the test they requested and I can tell you, it was a bit scary watching the machine wobble it's way along a 100m journey , so I'll keep you posted as to the outcome, but don't hold your breath as I'm not expecting anything to happen anytime  soon.
2017-8-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Cum'on team. There's an invitation to provide some baseline data to DJI, with a follow-up opportunity to test a fix. For those who state their craft is 'grounded', this must be a chance of an early resolution for you. Even though DJI Support (who sent the email - yikes!) have still not yet answered my query on whether a 48 hour response would help, I'm still willing to participate. OK - DJI buggered up the last firmware, but I want my P4 flying well again AND WITH a level gimbal horizon, so let's bite our collective tongues and help get it sorted. As a minimum, it'll be a story to tell the grand-children. Hey, no guts, no glory! Full steam ahead and damn the torpedos! Tora Tora Tora!

There's a few clues in the invitation email as to what they think may be the root of the issue. The baseline data they are after is simple, uncluttered flight telemetry. Once you do it and send them in the .dat file, they'll give you access to the beta firmware. No doubt you'll need to do it again and they'll compare the baseline with the beta result.

M109, well done. Thanks for sharing. I'll do the test tomorrow (Sat) and send in regardless of the 24 hour requirement.
2017-8-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OK. DJI Support have responded to my email - apparently R&D are after responses within 24 hours. By my clock that's 12 hours to go, team. So I won't respond with anything tomorrow then.

On the upside, I assume that's because they want to get the Beta out to those able to respond quickly.
2017-8-10
Use props
Zisojohn
lvl.1

Greece

DJI SAY AFTER SENT BY BE THE DATA:

Dear zisojohn,
Thank you so much for your cooperation.
I will send your data files to our R&D team, if there is any update or any other information needed, I will let you know at the first time.
Hope you have a nice day.
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support
2017-8-10
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

I will send them the file, it is not within 24 hours, but after all we will not go into the deadlines that tells us DJI, it is sent when it can.
2017-8-11
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

Flight done, flight log sent. Waiting for an answer and the beta firmware. The flight was really scary, more than any other before, the video footage jerks a lot. I will keep you posted with the results.
2017-8-11
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Are they any news about a new firmware?
2017-8-14
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

DJI sent me the Beta firmware and I have update the AC. Waiting for an oportunity to test it. I will keep you posted. Other guys have already test it and seems to have the same problems with the gimball but the flight is more stable, not completely stable but there is an improvement.
2017-8-14
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

I have done the flight test with the beta version .0200. I did only what DJI requested in their email: 1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.Please execute the operation for twice as well.6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
I have notice NO change in flight behavior. The same agressive and unstable flight
2017-8-15
Use props
Pvt Pilot '79
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1000272 ft
United States

Pareja IV Posted at 2017-8-15 09:19
I have done the flight test with the beta version .0200. I did only what DJI requested in their email: 1. Please disable the "Forward Obstacle Sensing System” on the DJI GO.2.Then select an open area for the flight and make sure the copter works under P-GPS mode during the whole flight.3. Keep the copter hovering over 30s at 10m height after taking off.4. Then operate the copter ascent to a safety height and we suggest there is no obstacle in the range of 200 m radius.And then operate it flyling forward over 100m away. Next, operate it flying backward for over 100m. Please execute above forwarding and backwarding operations for twice.5. After that, then pull roll stick to left and fly it to left direction for over 100m and next, fly it to right direction for over 100m.Please execute the operation for twice as well.6. Finally, land the copter safety, flight part completed.7. After the flight, please connect the copter to the DJI assistant and then export the corresponding data to us.
I have notice NO change in flight behavior. The same agressive and unstable flight

That's not encouraging. They really need to give us back the prior version.
2017-8-15
Use props
Pareja IV
lvl.4
Spain

I surrender. Time to downgrade. This afternoon's experience with the beta firmware is enough for me. I can not waste my time any more, the firmware has ruined my summer flights and footages with the hope of a fix with the beta firmware. I do not expect DJI to solve this soon. So time to downgrade. I feel cheated
2017-8-15
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Test made with the new beta firmware and still the camera reset error is not solved by recording at 4k. I think DJI is teasing us.
2017-8-15
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

shame-on-you

Ha. I downgrade successful.  DJI never asked me if I can help. But I just give them hard by a solicitor . They can buy it back. Too much hassle. If I count how many times I spent to recalibrate, reinstall, readjust, bring it to shop and getting back after long time and I do compair that with effective flight time..... oh boy...6.6hours service for 20min flight.  It's worse then nasa retired space shuttle.
I was on weekend in the flagshipstore in HongKong... hahaha.. they told me in the face ther is no known issue neither a problem with the new firmware of the p4 series.  Really, dji?
2017-8-21
Use props
Gablopez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 515679 ft
  • >>>
United States

After testing the beta firmware I got this email:

DJI Support (Support)
8月23日 17:55 CST

Dear customer,
Good news.
I have helped you give the feedback of your issue to our R&D team, they agreed to help you test and check your drone.
Would you agree to send your drone back?
If your answer is yes, please provide the information below to me asap:
Your whole name:
Your detail delivery address & country:
Tel:

I will help you open a case number and help you return it back to our R&D team, your issue will be solved soon.
Waiting for your soonest reply.
Thanks.
Best regards,
Aurora
DJI Technical Support

Office hours: Monday to Friday , 9:00AM to 18:00PM (HongKong Time GMT+8:00)
2017-8-23
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

Gablopez Posted at 2017-8-23 03:18
After testing the beta firmware I got this email:

I have just got the exact same email. This is not an option, the real fix is in the firmware and DJI needs to fix it ASAP
2017-8-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules