Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJIFlightRecord TXT files
7675 18 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Hi,
Where can I find the format of DJIFlightRecord files that I retrieve on my iPad?
I would like to exploit them but I do not know how the frames are organized and what data they contain.
Thank you.

2017-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try going here for a start:
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-10
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Thank you very much for your answer.
I do not want to go through a website but I want to develop a small program for me to exploit these files.
I am able to extract different frames but I do not have the meaning of the data they contain from where my question.
Thanks anyway.
2017-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2017-8-10 02:12
I do not want to go through a website but I want to develop a small program for me to exploit these files.
I am able to extract different frames but I do not have the meaning of the data they contain from where my question.

Try this it can be complicated.

https://datfile.net/DatCon/fieldsV3MP.html
2017-8-10
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Thank you.
I saw this site too but DatCon only processes the DAT files and not the TXT files.
2017-8-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

I suggested it because it will show you what you are asking about.
Upload a txt file and then select the download CSV file option.
2017-8-10
Use props
BudWalker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could also try TXTtoCSVtool which is an offline app that converts the .txt to a .csv. It's the most comprehensive converter. It's free and can be obtained by going to

https://phantompilots.com/threads/tool-win-offline-txt-flightrecord-to-csv-converter.70428/
2017-8-10
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Thank you very much.
I found this app too but I don't want app, I want to know the structure of TXT files to develop my own application for my own needs.
Thanks anyway.
2017-8-10
Use props
Steve Slechta
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31276 ft
United States

This webpage, Airdata, you can upload your flight logs for free. Once they are uploaded, you can take a .CSV version of the data. At that point you could write an Excel macro or something if you like. I'm fairly happy with what you can do with the data on that web page so I don't have a need to write code now.

Also I've switched to the Litchi app so I no longer use DJI GO software. Litchi will natively save your flight logs as .CSV.
2017-8-10
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

Thank you very much.
I saw this site too but I want to write my own program. That's why I'm trying to find out the format of TXT files.
2017-8-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2017-8-10 13:46
Thank you very much.
I saw this site too but I want to write my own program. That's why I'm trying to find out the format of TXT files.

I believe the files are encrypted anyway, so you might not get anywhere. And no, the encryption key is not known.
2017-8-10
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

I really do not understand what is secret in the flight data so that it is encrypted and why it is not possible to get the decryption key.
2017-8-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2017-8-12 13:01
I really do not understand what is secret in the flight data so that it is encrypted and why it is not possible to get the decryption key.

It is encrypted because DJI rely on the flight data to decide if a warranty cl;aim is valid or not. If you could decrypt it, you could modify it and cheat DJIs warranty process. Naturally they protect this.
2017-8-12
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

That the .DAT files in the drone are encrypted actually has a meaning in relation to your explanation but that the data contained on my iPad are, I do not understand at all.
If my drone breaks down it's him that I will send back to DJI but not my iPad !!!
All this makes no sense.
2017-8-12
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

That the .DAT files in the drone are encrypted actually has a meaning in relation to your explanation but that the data contained on my iPad are also encrypted, I do not understand at all.
If my drone breaks down it's him that I will send back to DJI but not my iPad !!!
All this makes no sense.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The flight records in DJI GO will show how you operated, you can check by your end. Also, we couldn't access these flight records if you don't upload to the server.

If you have any technical questions of aircraft, you are welcome to contact our support team.
2017-8-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2017-8-12 21:50
That the .DAT files in the drone are encrypted actually has a meaning in relation to your explanation but that the data contained on my iPad are also encrypted, I do not understand at all.
All this makes no sense.

They want you to send the file first, then they decide if you should send the aircraft in, and it is easier to send the file from your iPad.
2017-8-12
Use props
epetit91_djiuse
lvl.4
France

In short, DJI does not trust its users while DJI users have trusted them by buying their machine.
2017-8-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

epetit91_djiuse Posted at 2017-8-12 23:36
In short, DJI does not trust its users while DJI users have trusted them by buying their machine.

That doesn't make any sense.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules