Ronin rotate 180 degrees on startup
2425 15 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I recently bought a used Ronin and got it rigged up to test it today with my FS7 and the extension arms, also with a pan extension.

I have used Ronin's many times before, but have never experienced this problem. When I power it on, it rotates a little over 180 degrees clockwise, and then rotates anticlockwise and settles in it's original position. This is a right pain seeing as the sdi cable is then getting wound up and putting resistance on the motor, plus once the handles are in a downward position, there is no clearance for the pan extension to spin around. This happens regardless of which direction I power the Ronin on in.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Just to verify, all are up to date, right?
Would you please upload a small video showing what you described? Will try our best to help you.
Thank you in advance!
2017-8-13
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-13 18:45
Just to verify, all are up to date, right?
Would you please upload a small video showing what you described? Will try our best to help you.
Thank you in advance!

The IMU is on V3.0, haven't updated it to 3.1 as have read that it creates problems with the thumb controller, I'll upload a video of it in a few hours once I'm home. Thanks!
2017-8-14
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So here are 2 videos showing the strange behaviour. The first is powering it on with the Ronin logo at the front, where it rotates 180 degrees and then settles. The second is where I power it on with the Ronin logo at the back, and it rotates to nearly 180 degrees, and then back to it's starting point.

2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-8-14 09:38
So here are 2 videos showing the strange behaviour. The first is powering it on with the Ronin logo at the front, where it rotates 180 degrees and then settles. The second is where I power it on with the Ronin logo at the back, and it rotates to nearly 180 degrees, and then back to it's starting point.

https://vimeo.com/229596226/555f19510a

Sorry for the late reply, we checked the video, please make sure you install it correctly, since it can be installed either facing outward or inward, please try to change the direction to install it then check whether it performs properly, thanks.
2017-8-18
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-8-18 22:56
Sorry for the late reply, we checked the video, please make sure you install it correctly, since it can be installed either facing outward or inward, please try to change the direction to install it then check whether it performs properly, thanks.

It behaved the same way regardless of which way it was installed. In the end resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant app solved it.

Now the problem I have is with the thumb controller.....it is binded and the light is green on the receiver and the thumb controller, but the Ronin does not respond to any movements on the thumb controller. Any ideas?
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-9-4 01:35
It behaved the same way regardless of which way it was installed. In the end resetting to factory defaults via the Assistant app solved it.

Now the problem I have is with the thumb controller.....it is binded and the light is green on the receiver and the thumb controller, but the Ronin does not respond to any movements on the thumb controller. Any ideas?

Please check page 8 to make sure that the thumb controller is linked to the Ronin: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/r ... _Manual_en_v1.0.pdf
2017-9-14
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 08:59
Please check page 8 to make sure that the thumb controller is linked to the Ronin: http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ronin_thumb_controller/en/Ronin_Thumb_Controller_User_Manual_en_v1.0.pdf

Did you read what I wrote? They have both binder successfully as both lights are solid green, but the Ronin is not responding to movement from the thumb controller.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-9-22 02:35
Did you read what I wrote? They have both binder successfully as both lights are solid green, but the Ronin is not responding to movement from the thumb controller.

What does the indicator LED status suggest? By that I mean, what color lights are blinking?
2017-9-22
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-22 06:36
What does the indicator LED status suggest? By that I mean, what color lights are blinking?

The light on the thumb controller, and receiver are both solid green.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-9-25 01:30
The light on the thumb controller, and receiver are both solid green.

Have you tried to rebind tooth connection between the thumb controller and the ronin?
2017-9-25
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 06:10
Have you tried to rebind tooth connection between the thumb controller and the ronin?

Yeh I've tried rebinding the connection - again both lights pair and go solid green but there is no movement on the Ronin when using the thumb controller
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-9-28 08:24
Yeh I've tried rebinding the connection - again both lights pair and go solid green but there is no movement on the Ronin when using the thumb controller

If the motors don't restart, it may be a balancing issue. You may want to have a technician look at your Ronin as well.
2017-9-28
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 08:25
If the motors don't restart, it may be a balancing issue. You may want to have a technician look at your Ronin as well.

The Ronin itself moves fine, what I mean is, the thumb controller does not make the Ronin move, despite me rebinding the thumb controller it doesn't work
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Moving_glass Posted at 2017-9-28 08:28
The Ronin itself moves fine, what I mean is, the thumb controller does not make the Ronin move, despite me rebinding the thumb controller it doesn't work

Is the issue then about the transmitter with the thumb controller? Does the firmware on the transmitter need to match the firmware on the Ronin?

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/r ... _Manual_en_v1.0.pdf

Check on page 7 regarding the transmitter.
2017-9-28
Use props
Moving_glass
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 08:45
Is the issue then about the transmitter with the thumb controller? Does the firmware on the transmitter need to match the firmware on the Ronin?

http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ronin_thumb_controller/en/Ronin_Thumb_Controller_User_Manual_en_v1.0.pdf

The Ronin IMU is on 3.0

The receiver is on 1.0

Radio receiver is on 1.0.0.6

And the thumb controller is on 1.1 (according to the DJI app on my Mac), although in the 'about' section on the thumb controller itself it seems to think it's on 1.0
2017-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules