Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New . . DRONE KILLER . . is out
3665 29 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zorrr2
lvl.4
United States

Can locate and bring a drone down at over 400 feet . . .

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5537357369001/?#sp=show-clips

Interesting . . you see the gun . . and sitting right there on the table is our . . DJI Mavic Pro . . . lolol
2017-8-10
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the kind of thing that's fanning the anti-drone hysteria, and not surprising coming from Fox. People are seeing drones everywhere now, peeping into their windows and looking at their fat butts.
2017-8-10
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.4
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-8-10 11:31
This is the kind of thing that's fanning the anti-drone hysteria, and not surprising coming from Fox. People are seeing drones everywhere now, peeping into their windows and looking at their fat butts.

Nice thing about out MP's is that 50-60 feet up . . its hard to hear . . 100 plus and its hard to see . . we can fly pretty much unnoticed if we want to.
2017-8-10
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

This is not new.
Here is a YouTube video clip from last year:

2017-8-10
Use props
Zorrr2
lvl.4
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-10 11:32
This is not new.
Here is YouTube video clip from last year:

Compare the guns . . this new version is much smaller . . . uses only radio waves . . no projectile is fired . . only radio waves that jam the drones signal.
2017-8-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

http://www.independent.co.uk/new ... -army-a7631466.html
2017-8-10
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2017-8-10 11:32
Nice thing about out MP's is that 50-60 feet up . . its hard to hear . . 100 plus and its hard to see . . we can fly pretty much unnoticed if we want to.

The video feed from the Mavic can be seen not only by your RC/phone combo, but by others with the right equipment as well. Also, your RC signal can easily be detected, it's a radio signal in the 2.4 GHz, 5.2 GHz and 5.8 GHz range.
2017-8-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2017-8-10 11:41
Compare the guns . . this new version is much smaller . . . uses only radio waves . . no projectile is fired . . only radio waves that jam the drones signal.

So, something a hobbyist could build for less than 200 bucks.
2017-8-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe this is the answer to our drones falling out of the skies.
2017-8-10
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2017-8-10 11:41

Well, the same way the two guns work in that YouTube video: They are taking the drones (a Phantom) down using radio waves.
It's the result that counts...
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf13ecec2
lvl.4
United States

I watch that on FOXNews this morning and they said that Device can detect a drone up to a mile away and they can either interrupt the radio signal which would send the drone back home or interrupt the radio signal and the GPS and then it will crash.
2017-8-10
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it does make it crash and create an accident whose fault would that be.  Let's say you are flying at 400ft away from everybody and they pull the trigger and made it crash and landed on people, would they be accountable?
2017-8-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

fansf13ecec2 Posted at 2017-8-10 12:39
I watch that on FOXNews this morning and they said that Device can detect a drone up to a mile away and they can either interrupt the radio signal which would send the drone back home or interrupt the radio signal and the GPS and then it will crash.

It sounds like these are targeted towards consumer UAV's operating on 2.4 - 5.8GHz. One of my bigger quads runs UHF, which I suspect this would do nothing to.
2017-8-10
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-10 14:22
It sounds like these are targeted towards consumer UAV's operating on 2.4 - 5.8GHz. One of my bigger quads runs UHF, which I suspect this would do nothing to.

I can already hear all the drone haters chomping at the bit to be able to get their hands on one of these.  
2017-8-10
Use props
Gmman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003150 ft
United States

Old News..........
2017-8-10
Use props
fansf13ecec2
lvl.4
United States

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-8-10 15:24
I can already hear all the drone haters chomping at the bit to be able to get their hands on one of these.

Supposedly only used by military and law enforcement to keep terrorist from flying in to sporting events, concerts, etc.
2017-8-11
Use props
Sticks
lvl.3

United States

fansf13ecec2 Posted at 2017-8-11 11:13
Supposedly only used by military and law enforcement to keep terrorist from flying in to sporting events, concerts, etc.

I legally own many devices that say for military or law enforcement on them gotta love America.
2017-8-11
Use props
BluesDragon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

fansf13ecec2 Posted at 2017-8-11 11:13

If you tune in at the 3:00 mark you'll hear him say how "one day we will see this used by the private sector.. the private citizen..."

This is where the drone haters started to chomp at the bit.
2017-8-12
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Doesn't it just cause the RTH to activate? Hardly a 'drone killer'.
2017-8-12
Use props
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

It scrambles the signal with heavy interference causing RTH to kick in.   When it stops "firing" wouldn't the drone reconnect and the operator be able to take over again.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

stupid fear mongering but sadly the public buys into it, ALOT.. and its going to actually  be more harmful than it would be helpful in long run.. its a way news media makes money tho, latch into a story that catches attention, over blow it and find another story to mess up.   i have spoken with people while flying and 75% of the convos i deal with are military or political with the drones. and 20% is spying related like can i use this for spying on my hot neighbor or can you check out girls nude sunbathing (yeah, a lot creeps like that, like just got talk to the girls, not that difficult).  and 5% is genuine honest interest in the hobby and wanting to learn how to fly and want me to show them..   

so wait, how would this even work in practice?   every time i had a complete signal loss including dealing with a possible neighbor using a wifi jammer on my spark, my spark hovers in place or returns home..    assuming it messed with GPS signal also, wouldn't that be far to disruptive to their own operations if they jammed GPS also?  even if its directional it would be possible to exploit by way of trolling them from multiple directions with multiple drones causing larger scale GPS signal losses, and considering they are fighting terrorists/criminals with these devices, its not like these people have morals to support, they likely using stolen cards and identities to buy them anyway..
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-8-10 15:24

ya, they fail to realize how wide of a spectrum they will have to jam if they want to actually stop it..  2.4/5ghz band isnt the only band used..   plenty of supplies you can make your own drone that flies using 440Mhz, 900Mhz, even 150Mhz bands, not to mention some use 700mhz, 800mhz, 1.9Ghz bands which are all part of the spectrums used with cell phones and flight navigation systems/beacons.. jamming those would be devastating to their own operations.. almost trolling the military back..
and i doubt they want to jam 5.5Ghz bands, most of their maritime radars uses 5.5Ghz bands
2017-8-13
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

You're assume dumb jamming by brute forcing a signal.  Thats an inefficient and ineffective way of doing it.  Far better "jamming" is by tailoring the waveform to the method the drone uses or even using its own protocol against itself to fool error checking or triggering a denial of service type attack.  That's (i) more effective and (ii) far less collateral damage.

Ultimately V or UHF could be used for control links but for telemetry and certainly video there simply isnt enough bandwidth available in the spectrum which is why the microwave bands are used in the first place.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-8-13 14:31
You're assume dumb jamming by brute forcing a signal.  Thats an inefficient and ineffective way of doing it.  Far better "jamming" is by tailoring the waveform to the method the drone uses or even using its own protocol against itself to fool error checking or triggering a denial of service type attack.  That's (i) more effective and (ii) far less collateral damage.

Ultimately V or UHF could be used for control links but for telemetry and certainly video there simply isnt enough bandwidth available in the spectrum which is why the microwave bands are used in the first place.

bandwidth isn't the issue..  2.4Ghz and 5/5.5/5.8Ghz bands are used because of mass production and fact wifi spectrum is so cheap and a thing everywhere, and easy to implement and program, even occusync uses narrowband wifi in 2.4Ghz space..  

700 Mhz is low band UHF and its used in 4G LTE category 6 (up to gigabit speeds per user in theory) and 600 / 800 Mhz spectrum is being tested for future LTE/5G expansion

yes you are partially very slightly right.. it is easier and cheaper to get large amount of bandwidth out of higher frequencies like 2.4Ghz and above..  but notice is said easier and cheaper.. doesnt make them superior, just makes them more cost effective for a consumer product at a consumer price...

2017-8-13
Use props
gnirtS
Captain
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

The V/UHF bands are extremely region specific as to what is and isnt allowed.  That makes it a lot harder from a designer standpoint when you've got a product that has to work worldwide on the same hardware.  Altering ERP which is the current FCC/CE is easy.  Physically transmitting on a markedly different frequency requires new tuned circuitry and hardware changes which is a lot of effort and bulk when its only allowed in certain parts of the world.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2017-8-13 15:00
The V/UHF bands are extremely region specific as to what is and isnt allowed.  That makes it a lot harder from a designer standpoint when you've got a product that has to work worldwide on the same hardware.  Altering ERP which is the current FCC/CE is easy.  Physically transmitting on a markedly different frequency requires new tuned circuitry and hardware changes which is a lot of effort and bulk when its only allowed in certain parts of the world.

you have very valid points.. however few things i'm going to mention for food for thought .

1 is  being region specific doesnt matter to a lot of people, sadly. specially in a world market/ebay and   specially if all they want it more range and less interference.  

secondly, boards for us ..$50 for a 400/900Mhz boards, but $50 is too much for a large scale company wanting to sell millions or products at consumer prices then you realize later on not certified boards or they are but minimally certified . specially relevant when dji can buy a modified wifi board for less than a dollar in large bulk.  and that modified wifi module known to dji is called occusync and requires no special permissions or certifications because it falls right into line with existing standards and stuff.

then have to consider people wanting to do harm with drones have no real morals anyway, so why do they even care about regulations or cost, they likely like i said stealing identities and buying on other people's names and credit.. and doing black market trades.   not like because its illegal they lost a leg in the race..they have already committed...

finally have to consider that they want these "guns" to be very directional and strong.. if these "jammed" signals they likely not want to "jam" GPS or Glonass or any other sats maybe used as that could be even more disruptive than intended.  so drone would likely want to return home.. and probably could.  then you have to realize if they tried to make an "EMP" style device that EMP isn't very good about being directional since its high energy and in a frequency range that tends to bounce off of metal or high density objects and even gets absorbed into moisture of the air.   the drones we use here from DJi have ALOT of shielding, more shielding than most high end phones. and shielding tends to be very reflective of such attacks meaning could disrupt other things surrounding it..

so with one thing and another.. its pointless..  sure it could effect dones.. but you know a smarter way to effect droens in an area like a military base....  wifi jammers...  setting up 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz jammers  around the permiters and buffer zones with increasing strength will be more affordable to the military, easier to maintan and monitor, cheaper all year.. and would impact 90% of off the shelf drones that would be used..  that 10% that wouldnt be effective, would likely still creating a signiture that would be detective since video streaming typical.. and could be taken down in other ways.  the reason these "guns" exist with jammers.. because the news loves it.., media loves it, and people watching news and media buy into it... in long run makes no sense

2017-8-13
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Lets point that bad boy at a car.?
If that works Killing ECM in car"s  it will be for military use only.!
  Meaning Not available for consumers/public.!
MAVIC for The WIN.!
......C

2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

CharlieFliesDro Posted at 2017-8-13 18:30
Lets point that bad boy at a car.?
If that works Killing ECM in car"s  it will be for military use only.!
  Meaning Not available for consumers/public.!

i doubt it fries anything, anyone understands how EMP type devices work knows that they are very much impossible to force 1 direction, general direction yes...  also a lot of collateral damage potential involved with EMP type jamming device..    think about EMP jammer as more like a very leaky water cannon with a very leaky hose behind it.. potential for damages to their own property is very high specially if they aim it at anything reflective or isolated from grounding that is reflective..bounce a lot of that energy right back

jamming technology is already military only use.. this being a jammer already makes it a federal crime for civies to use it..possessing it is frowned upon, not illegal to possess a RF jammer, just illegal to use it.  do i dont see any civie application or use. it is again fear mongering and a pitch for the media to hook onto because $$$$ is to be made from airtime and viewership.
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa1c088ed
New
United States

Consider this - drones could be used for very bad things everyone.... think ISIS, etc. The government is keenly aware and therefore actively seeking solutions to stop the truly bad boys - ok? nuf said.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fansa1c088ed Posted at 2017-8-13 18:59
Consider this - drones could be used for very bad things everyone.... think ISIS, etc. The government is keenly aware and therefore actively seeking solutions to stop the truly bad boys - ok? nuf said.

no, just no...   such a narrow mindset to even be in... anything and everything can be used, want proof, prison.. in prison even safest items can be turned into most lethal.. never underestimate creativity of someone converting anything .. nothing to take care or even worry about... moment drones are disabled isis will convert next recerational hobby item into something..

i dont see the military panicking, just the media.. plus if these were official military tests, it would be classified, no news media would get to see it in action because why let the enemy know how it it works..oh yea because these items are built for the media and a social agenda(and maybe political?), not for the military.. im sure the military has their own jamming tech build for this they are working on or already have and are installing..   doesn't need to be a "gun" or directional.. it could be a box with an antenna on it near a fence or on vehicals in convey... jamming common frequencies that are not military operation freqs like 2.4ghz and 5.8Ghz.  that would be enough to kill occu sync and wifi Dji uses..
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules