Naza M-Lite with GPS Wobbling in GPS Hold Mode (TBS Frame)
5331 12 2014-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi all,

I have 2 problems which I think are related to the gain settings. But I am not sure which to change.
Have been only flying it in GPS Hold and ALT Hold modes most of the time.

Problem 1: It wobbles when i bring it to a hover after swing left and right (tried fast and slow swing)

Problem 2: If I let the quad hover (with GPS Hold Activated) without control input, it tends to wobble after a minute or so of hovering and will not stabilize after that until I move it about and then let it hover again.

I am getting very good video off my gopro except for the wobbling.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction to correct this.

Thanks in advance.

Foo

2014-10-15
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

It could be a number a things. First off is COG right? It should be 15 mm in front of the symbol on the bottom plate. Next if you used TBS gains they way to high and will cause oscillations. Check those out and get back to me.

scott
2014-10-15
Use props
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

n2stuff Posted at 2014-10-16 13:03
It could be a number a things. First off is COG right? It should be 15 mm in front of the symbol on  ...

I placed the Flight Controller on the spot where the motors intersect. X marks the spot There was also mention of a COT. But I definitely did not placed it there.

My gain settings are 130,120,120,120

Pitch settings seemed fine. Have been fiddling with the ROLL settings a lot though.
I am using Carbon Props.

Thanks.

Foo
2014-10-15
Use props
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

By wobbling, I mean about 2hz. .up down gap of about 1" Is that considered slow wobble? Manual states 5-10hz (I think that would be quite unsettling isn't it?)
2014-10-15
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

The naza flight controller  doesn't need to be on the COG. Altho it's recommended.   I have mine about 30mm ahead of the COG and I don't have any problems. Your gains look a lot like stock so that's not it. Next your props could be out of balance? The COT (center of thrust) is behind the COG and I don't know what you even use it for

Did you check the balance on the COG that very important? If that is off the quad will be working much harder on one end than the other even tho it looks the be level. Are the front or back motors hotter after a hover?
2014-10-15
Use props
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

hmmm... I'll have check that after another flight. (Hot Motor)

I am getting very stable videos after much changing and balancing of my props. My video became stable after switching to carbon props. Prior to that change, the plastic props were just too much trouble. Even after balancing, they flex. Causing YAW problems which went away after i used carbon props.

Will light winds cause this wobble?

2014-10-15
Use props
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

Nothing unusual with the motor temp.
2014-10-17
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

MMMMMMMMM
Is your flight controller mounted with DJI two way tape? And is it coming loose? You can also try the TBS gains and see if that will help.
2014-10-22
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Keep trying what n2stuff is saying.
The TBS gains would be a very good next parameter to try.
The asymmetrical frames are a little difficult to tame.
Many pilots go through what you're experiencing, but eventually get it figured out.
Others actually give up and sell the thing...

There's not much yet on this DJI forum about other airframes.
You might want to check over on RCG in the TBS threads for some help...
2014-10-22
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

Here's a place for info..........
http://beta.ivc.no/wiki/index.php/TBS_Discovery

Scott
2014-10-23
Use props
etirado
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

I had a similar problem, and it was that the propeller where too big and had too much thrust, the MC slow them down to a speed that the motors cant keep and stop, causing the mc to accelerate again. Tru using smaller props.
2014-12-27
Use props
xswamix
lvl.1

United States

The COT is where it is by design to compensate for the asymmetrical airframe, it would be at the COG for a symmetrical design like the flamewheels.  Everyone sez to check the COG but no one tells how to do it!?!  Install a plastic or aluminum bolt at the COG and suspend the machine from a couple of strings attached to the bolt, it should balance level otherwise move stuff around (or add weight if absolutely necessary) until it is level.
2014-12-28
Use props
fooyukvoon
lvl.1

Malaysia

Thanks for all the replies. Have been trying to increase the gains. Have set it to 140 150 for the pitch & roll. Wobble have not gone away but seems to be wobbling faster but tighter. gap between wobble is smaller.

Gonna try 150, 155 later.

Will post results later.

Foo
2015-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules