RC not connected after 30ft
606 3 2017-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans58afe77c
New
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

I have beginner mode off. I calibrated IMU, Gimbal, and compass. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I downgraded the app, same problem. I upgraded the app again, same problem. I've flown without a phone/tablet, same problem. I have reconnected the rc by pushing the button with a pencil. I signed out of the app and then signed back into it. You name it, I've tried it. I even bought a signal booster and still can't get more than about 30 ft from me vertical or horizontal before the red warning that the rc is not connected and the aircraft will start landing, so I touch the "X" to stop it from landing once it gets back in range (5-10ft closer to me) so I can continue flying. This absolutely sucks! I paid all this money for what I thought was a great machine, and my $50 Walmart drone has much better connectivity and flies without any issues. Unbelievable. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? Do I need to take the drone apart to see if the antenna is actually connected inside the drone? It flies great as long as you don't go very high at all and not very far from you, otherwise I lose rc connection and it wants to land. I can't even go high enough to clear the treeline! I see all these videos of people flying up about 200ft and flying forward about 1,000ft, so what is wrong with my Phantom 3 Standard? Please help guys.
2017-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please make sure that the APP and the firmware are the latest, and try to fly in another environment, adjust the RC antennas during flight.
If it's still the same case, I recommend sending it in and we will help to check.
Here is the link for online repair: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-8-11
Use props
chechoaccietto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 254347 ft
Argentina

Many people are having the same problem (even me), I think DJi should read our issues and make a solution,. . I've talked with the support and they told me to try with another phone because I was not using one of the recommend. I really don't know if they read this forum, but they should at least upload how to make a downgrade or build a new update fixing those problems
2017-8-11
Use props
fans64143ce6
lvl.1
United States

I had the same problem with my P3 std, Found out there was no antenna in the quad, DJI tech said nothing wrong with it, so i bought a antenna and installed it myself, flies great now.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules