DJI Assistant 2 under Windows 10
4500 12 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ilo6qsq
lvl.1
Germany

Hi everyone,

I cannot for the life of myself get my Mavic connected to the DJI Assistant program. Have searched endlessly in this and other forums.

What I have don so far:
-Disabled driver signing via Advanced startup and reinstalled the program (Deinstalling and then Installing again)
-Manually updated the USB Serial Device Driver with the file dji_vcom_driver11.inf (USB DJI Serial Device now showing up in the device manager)
-Checked, whether the USB cable is okay -> Check, as I used it on a friends Mac and it connected fine on there after installation of the assistant
-Disabled firewall and virus protection entierely during another reinstallation and next trying to connect again

It's getting really frustrating. No clue what else can be tried. I've exhausted all my ressources. Maybe someone can post a screenshot of the device manager and show all the relevant DJI drivers listed there. Perhaps I am missing one.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit with all the latest updates installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to use this driver:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdktosoqbwly3/win10.rar?dl=0, then reinstall the program again.
If it still not works, we suggest just using another computer.
2017-8-11
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-11 01:28
You can try to use this driver:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ickdktosoqbwly3/win10.rar?dl=0, then reinstall the program again.
If it still not works, we suggest just using another computer.

Thanks. Will try those drivers when I am back home.

In case it doesn't work, I hope you weren't seriously suggesting that I need to buy a new computer in order for this program to work.
2017-8-11
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

Not working. But seriously, DJI cannot demand, that I get a new computer for this to work.

If you have a look at the attachement, do I have all DJI relevant drivers installed or am I missing something?

Drivers

Drivers
2017-8-11
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

mysteray Posted at 2017-8-11 10:15
Not working.  But seriously, DJI cannot demand, that I get a new computer for this to work.

If you have a look at the attachement, do I have all DJI relevant drivers installed or am I missing something?

What procedure are you using to start the process.
Normally you would connect the Mavic via usb cable to the PC. Then turn on the Mavic after removing the gimbal clamp. Then open Assistant 2 and make sure you are logged in. Within a minute or so you should see the Mavic icon appear which you click on.
Don't use a sub hub, connect the cable direct to the PC.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, I would recommend you use a PC with windows 7 system and not do hot plug.
2017-8-12
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-8-11 22:19
What procedure are you using to start the process.
Normally you would connect the Mavic via usb cable to the PC. Then turn on the Mavic after removing the gimbal clamp. Then open Assistant 2 and make sure you are logged in. Within a minute or so you should see the Mavic icon appear which you click on.
Don't use a sub hub, connect the cable direct to the PC.

I've tried all sorts of succession, on of which the one you described. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
2017-8-12
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

mysteray Posted at 2017-8-12 01:05
I've tried all sorts of succession, on of which the one you described. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Okay, I've managed to connect to my Mavic. However, not with Windows 10 directly but in a virtual machine running Windows 7, Windows 10 being the host.
2017-8-14
Use props
seeker_ktf_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

"Congratulations".  Its so weird that you are having this kind of trouble.  My Lenovo surface clone running win10 has worked perfectly every time from the beginning without any special tricks at all.  Given the significant lack of others in complaining, I have to believe that it's something specific to your computer and not the OS.  Anyway, glad it "worked out" for you.
2017-8-14
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

seeker_ktf_ Posted at 2017-8-14 02:23
"Congratulations".  Its so weird that you are having this kind of trouble.  My Lenovo surface clone running win10 has worked perfectly every time from the beginning without any special tricks at all.  Given the significant lack of others in complaining, I have to believe that it's something specific to your computer and not the OS.  Anyway, glad it "worked out" for you.

Thanks mate!
What I find even weirder, though, is that it's working in that virtual environment via USB passthrough. I believe, it's some Windows 10 peculiarity in conjunction with my configuration. Anyways, quite happy I've found a way to do this.
2017-8-14
Use props
Realitybytes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69724 ft

You need to run the program as an administrator, right click and click on run as administrator and it will load
2018-4-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

ah to understand computer jargon! I am very fortunate to have a good friend of mine who has the expertise with computers,  any sort of problems just bring them up to him and he resolves it in no time, for us senior citizens computers are a challenge,  well maybe not all senior citizens but some of us who's first mode of travelling was horse and buggy.
2018-4-22
Use props
mysteray
lvl.1
Germany

@Realitybytes
Of course I've run the program as an administrator. That's not the issue. Anyways, I got my workaround.
2018-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules