2658 16 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

Hi to all and sorry my bad english ...
Several months ago, I had a bad experience with my drone. Far over 5km from my home point, the djigo4 app went crash and then the tablet screen was ko.
Immediately I have tried to launch the djigo but nothing to do ... always black screen, while during the same time I had push the Rth button.
The minutes left but keep on my mind I still sure that the drone might have a problem.
This show during untill, the app dji go decide to work and give me a video signal and with bad surprise, the drone still on air far from my homepoint because the djigoapp have max flight range 30mt!
Very dangerous, the app takes the automatic set and gives this limit at the drone.
Very lucky whit the signal video on the app, have the chance to set the correct maximum flight distance and then after push rth, the drone was come to home.
If the screen is still black, Bye bye Drone!

-To any of you did happen?

-And Once at home, looking at the flight plan, this was divided into three parts.
In the event of a drone loss, does the DJI respond to this malfunction?

Thanks
Ciao
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Have you tried to find the drone with the feature of Find My Drone? If the drone was not recoverable, I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via support.us@dji.com for further assistance.
2017-8-14
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 02:15
Have you tried to find the drone with the feature of Find My Drone? If the drone was not recoverable, I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via  for further assistance.

What is "Find My Drone" feature??
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-8-14 07:52
What is "Find My Drone" feature??

You can find it at DJI GO 4 app, launch DJI GO 4 app, the upper right icon, Find My Drone.Users can find the route to the last GPS location of the drone. If the drone flies away, this function might help to find the drone.
2017-8-15
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 00:58
You can find it at DJI GO 4 app, launch DJI GO 4 app, the upper right icon, Find My Drone.Users can find the route to the last GPS location of the drone. If the drone flies away, this function might help to find the drone.

on my P4P minus (+), upper right icon is the settings, never seen any "Find my Drone" in there?
2017-8-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-15 04:49
on my P4P minus (+), upper right icon is the settings, never seen any "Find my Drone" in there?

On a "normal" P4P  with an iOS tablet it looks like this (page BEFORE entering the camera view page, click on the three lines icon):
IMG_0047.PNG
2017-8-15
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:32
On a "normal" P4P  with an iOS tablet it looks like this (page BEFORE entering the camera view page, click on the three lines icon):

That explain ... - Thanks

On the P4P minus this is what we get:

Academy ( Tutorials, mostly silly cartoons), Flight data, Settings, Maps. and as seen in the buttom links to Skypixel, Album?, and Video Editor.

No "Find my Drone" ;-)

P4P minus (+) startscreen

P4P minus (+) startscreen
2017-8-15
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-15 07:25

I already posted somewhere about the inconsistency of the DJI GO App on different platforms... Something that should be taken care of. One interface, not two or three...
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-15 07:25

It seems that you are using the P4P+, the one with built-in screen, right? I have no idea you are using this one as it doesn't have this feature. I would recommend you to use the last GPS coordinates to find it.
2017-8-16
Use props
phantom_of_the_
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90459 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 00:58

Thank you.
2017-8-17
Use props
fans5f01fa88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58304 ft
United States

phantom_of_the_ Posted at 2017-8-17 08:08
Thank you.

Same thing happened to me 14 minutes after getting the P4P.  DJI says my fault.  Drone was not at last coordinates.  Last known location on flight record was 390ft up, no auto land no decent no nothing.
2017-8-17
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-16 03:13
It seems that you are using the P4P+, the one with built-in screen, right? I have no idea you are using this one as it doesn't have this feature. I would recommend you to use the last GPS coordinates to find it.

"seems that you are using the P4P+, the one with built-in screen, right?"

Yes that is right, also the reason i call it minus, the most expensive Phantom but with less features and options but it seem to be just as unstable as alle the other models after the June FW. :-/

Anyway i have no need to find my drone and for sure hope i never come to a point where i have to!
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-8-17 21:25
"seems that you are using the P4P+, the one with built-in screen, right?"

Yes that is right, also the reason i call it minus, the most expensive Phantom but with less features and options but it seem to be just as unstable as alle the other models after the June FW. :-/

I understand your concern. If I were on your shoes, I felt the same as well. Could you PM me your case number? I'd like to look into the case status.
2017-8-21
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-21 01:15
I understand your concern. If I were on your shoes, I felt the same as well. Could you PM me your case number? I'd like to look into the case status.

Case number for what, beside of the very unstable FW after June release i have no issues, even the FW circus is plenty.

I was just wondering the "Find my drone" feature reply as i have not seen such funtion anywhere. Thanks anyway.

"Anyway i have no need to find my drone and for sure hope i never come to a point where i have to!"

Knock on wood :-D
2017-8-21
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-14 02:15
Have you tried to find the drone with the feature of Find My Drone? If the drone was not recoverable, I would recommend you to contact our Support Team via  for further assistance.

Hi Susan... I had try to find the drone from the last point recordered but is impossible... the drone was lost in the ravine area and by walk is not accessible.
  I have mentioned to the DJI the problem due the softwate glitches but they have luquidated me with a 30% of discount to buy a new drone.

Now...after 3 months and whit new drone and OLD FIRMWARE inside: 1.0.300, never issues are coming. Never software glitches and lost signal...with old firmware no lost more signal and other issues.

I not suggest you a insurance dji care,  the dji staff is not comprensive ans is easily liquidated you for they SOFTWARE BUGS

2017-10-7
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Italy

The problem is because I have lost signal and the djiapo4 request me a login?   All my file was sent  a dji..m
2017-10-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Como Lake Posted at 2017-10-7 05:08
Hi Susan... I had try to find the drone from the last point recordered but is impossible... the drone was lost in the ravine area and by walk is not accessible.
  I have mentioned to the DJI the problem due the softwate glitches but they have luquidated me with a 30% of discount to buy a new drone.

Sorry to hear this. The data analysis is based on all the information you offered. Sometimes, the software issue can not be found in the flight records. Anyway, the accident has been figured out and I wish you have a happy time all the day.
2017-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules