2821 18 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scottychop1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2513 ft
United States

Hello everyone,
I just had the spark drop to the ground from 10 feet onto concrete and bust the gimbal.   I was flying with the controller at a hover.    Suddenly the motors cut out and  the drone hit the ground.  Gimbal  popped out of the holder. Cable looks fine.  I assume that this is the infamous battery drop out problem that people are talking about.

I tried to hook up the spark to the assistant program and was successful. I try to export the black box to my desktop and it just sat there spinning its wheels for 20 minutes. Any advice?

Not sure what to do. I did purchase the refresh package. Can someone point me in the direction of the warrantee department? I'd like to start a process with this immediately.

I'm really bummed out about this. I had debated going with the Mavic over the spark and went with this part due to its small size. Really thinking about returning this to Amazon and buying the Mavic.

Scott
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First sync your flight to dji cloud, then contact support@dji.com to start an RMA case they will arrange everything for you to return your drone.

If you wish to upload your flight log here you can do so by clicking on link below and follow instructions come back here and post link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

Getting no response from Assistant 2 on either Data Upload or Black box. Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 11.13.56 AM.png
2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

Flight Log uploaded with your link.  I got it from the phone instead of the Spark.
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

scottychop1 Posted at 2017-8-11 10:31
Flight Log uploaded with your link.  I got it from the phone instead of the Spark.

Where is the link
2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

Link:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/1YWDYS4YWAQ2WHPPI7DH/

2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

Sad! P1200489.JPG

2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

fixed the link
2017-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again looking at your log nothing seems out of the ordinary, you did have a warning you were in class D airspace, but don't think that had anything to do with your sudden drop.
I think it shows nothing pertaining to operator fault, I think you will be offered a warranty, did you sync your flight to the dji cloud?
2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

class D = pretty much within strictly controlled airspace, basically at an airport.   this shouldn't caused the spark to fall, however never be too sure, there is a theory that the NFZ patches are causing system hangs and hiccups and results in misbehavior, however again, it should not just cut the motors, if its in a NFZ zone it should refuse to take off or just land itself...  

could be a few reasons why it fall or some sparks fall... could be the VPS sensors are being obscured some, as in maybe a bug or dirt or something covering the down firing sensors, the spark lacks landing protection in software, so it could thought that it was landing and before it got a chance or opportunity to log landing event  it fell and power got cut because battery came ajar.. its possible but usually you get visual and audio prompt for landing in app..so i dont know

other theory i heard was bad battery software or communication causing it, considering i just flew my spark out in rain pouring down badly for 30-40 minute, and i did get a "battery error" and my time estimate vanished, my bar showing how much battery i have , the red slide all way over to show entire battery was critical.    but it stayed up and i flew it back 2,400+ feet over the valley 1000+ feet down.  and it landed and everything just fine, it was up a total of 3 minutes after that battery error occurred because the wind and where i was attempting to land it was like threading a needle.  so considering my battery stopped communicating with the spark, displayed an error,  but it stayed up and alive, im not totally sure...

2017-8-11
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 11:05
Again looking at your log nothing seems out of the ordinary, you did have a warning you were in class D airspace, but don't think that had anything to do with your sudden drop.
I think it shows nothing pertaining to operator fault, I think you will be offered a warranty, did you sync your flight to the dji cloud?

Yes, I did sync.  
2017-8-11
Use props
BriRi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1538845 ft
United States

Make them warranty your repair. Don't use your refresh. This seems to be an aircraft defect and DJI is responsible for that including postage both ways.

Let us know how it works out.
2017-8-11
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Is it normal for the imu altitude to be 0 or in his case even negative?
Happens about 2/3 down in the log.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Scott, sorry for the crash accident, please contact support to create a ticket and send in the drone, we will have data analysis team to try their best to find out the reason of accident and then inform you of the result and solutions.
Here is the link to obtain support: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about the accident, if you can not export the data, please try to reboot the computer or reinstall DJI Assistant 2 again to see will it help.
2017-8-14
Use props
scottychop1
lvl.1
United States

Sent in to DJI.  Case Number:  CAS-886675-L5P6K.  
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-11 11:05

class d airspace is just a warning zone. i fly in class d every day i fly. you do not need authorization but you have to fly carefully according to the app. at least that's how i interpreted it. so this is not what caused the malfunction.
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-11 16:06
Is it normal for the imu altitude to be 0 or in his case even negative?
Happens about 2/3 down in the log.

it depends, if you took off from a high altitude but then went down a hill i believe the altitude could go below zero. if you took off from the top of the half pipe and the drone went lower than that after take off for example.
2017-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:54
class d airspace is just a warning zone. i fly in class d every day i fly. you do not need authorization but you have to fly carefully according to the app. at least that's how i interpreted it. so this is not what caused the malfunction.

I'm not to sure you probably would get correct information from your association, if it was a NFZ zone it won't let you take off, so you should be fine.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules