Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
There Is A Problem With Sparks
2069 9 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hollywood7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Admins,
Every day I look through the Spark forum, I see another (or many) reports of Sparks falling from the sky.
The DJI Joe, or some other Admin steps up to tell the unlucky pilot how to send the log files in so DJI can evaluate what went wrong...
In some cases we hear that the unit will be fixed / replaced under warranty; In other cases, I've heard the owner is just S%$# Out Of Luck.

I also frequent the Mavic forums, to see what's going on over there; I don't see any reports of Mavics falling out of the sky.
In my opinion (& I'm sure many others on this forum) There is a problem with the Spark; Wether it be Hardware, Firmware, that Wi-Fi instead of occusync is used...
I don't know where the problem lies, but there is a problem.

If DJI thinks it's pilot error, then use this forum to post some tips and advice to everyone, to help prevent this.
Or maybe it's time for DJI to put out a warning to stop flying until the engineers can figure out what the problem is?

DJI, the number of reports of this happening is huge. It's the reason I haven't pulled the trigger & bought one yet (as bad as I want one), But I want a drone that I can rely on to work when needed, & not have to be afraid to fly it.

2017-8-11
Use props
lfkiter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 111942 ft
United States

I agree Hollywood, I would have just bought a Mavic or even Phantom instead of the Spark.  I get these Weak GPS errors all the time, Atti mode, etc..and I really don't trust the aircraft.
2017-8-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love my Spark and have not had a single problem with this aircraft.  I must say reading all these stories everyday has got me more concerned then I'd like to be.  I just ordered a Mavic that will arrive on Tuesday, and I think I will probably ground the Spark for awhile till more resolve comes out of all these stories.  
2017-8-11
Use props
Michael Stoute
First Officer
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think all problems (weak GPS, compass error, transmission link, power Interruption) are caused by one thing... HEAT!! Because all electronics are close together and the fan is insufficient to cool everything well.
2017-8-11
Use props
Michael Stoute
First Officer
Flight distance : 3495003 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

ya the fan does suck.. but i dont think heat is total cause, but des play a role.. definitely....   i flew mine out in rain today, 70F out and very cool rain, for 3 battery swaps and it was flawless most part.. only 2 errors i got..  1st was 2nd battery in i was about 1 mile out in the clouds and i got warning saying "image transmission signal weak" image was fine, i'm on OTG and not wifi link with RC so i dont have signal indication to check if my signal was good, but it looked good, no extra lag, video was clear as you expect for clouds and rain...  that happened until my 20% battery warning came up i  turned around and came back, that second second i faced back towards my take off the error vanished...  interesting... my second error was "Battery Error"  probably because the battery was soaking wet and terminals finally got wet after 3rd battery swap.. and about 40 minutes out.. did not fall or die mid air.. the percentage remaining and time remaining errored out and i spent 3 minutes flying it back and landing it... pulled battery tapped it to knock water out of the contacts on battery,  and blew on terminals of the spark, popped battery back in and was back like normal, only did 1 more run around 1000 feet before i brought it back in and landed it..

normally my flights are fairly flawless but i usually weak GPS warning or i go down to 10 sats randomly ..ill have 17 sats then drops like rock to 9 or 10 then back up to 17 again.. today in cool wet rain, entire time i had full lock 15-17 sats...
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

There are many cases, DJI needs to say that Spark can´t fly till the problem is solved... I was a unlucky owner, my spark fell at 91 meters high.. I will be waiting the Dji answer, the problem is very big, more what we can see, it can kill people if the drone fall in a head to that velocity... It remembers me the Samsung Note7´s problem. Samsung picked up all the devices and gave money back or changed for another smartphone with similar prices.
2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

awesome mod!  i suggest adding a thin filter, like a screen mesh to keep dust out..  that grill will only keep the large stuff out like bugs..
2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 13:09
There are many cases, DJI needs to say that Spark can´t fly till the problem is solved... I was a unlucky owner, my spark fell at 91 meters high.. I will be waiting the Dji answer, the problem is very big, more what we can see, it can kill people if the drone fall in a head to that velocity... It remembers me the Samsung Note7´s problem. Samsung picked up all the devices and gave money back or changed for another smartphone with similar prices.

i agree, DJi needs to address this issue, even if that means voluntary recall and replacement or recall and refund..   i would respect DJi a lot more if they just admitted to some unknown fault, sucked it up, did a recall and refund program..  and worked with the users that lost or killed their sparks that they cant recover or get claim processed to get a refund or replacement..

as i see it, the spark feels very very rushed, much more so than what i was expecting..  the spark has true potential, but it should have been delayed longer, to fix these issues..  but what it feels like DJi is doing it almost hiding behind the issues and use it as justification for spark 2...
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Please post here to avoid duplicate conversations happening. Thanks.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-103039-1-1.html
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules