DISCONNECT
1265 9 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BowtieJC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196814 ft
United States

i just received my replacement Mavic Pro. i linked my controller and turned everything on. there wasnt an update so i went to try it out. it seemed fine so i tried the RTH just to check to see if it was ok. and it was coming home. then about 60 feet above its landing spot it completely disconnected . it still landed fine but i had to turn everything off and back on to get it reconnected. what could have gone wrong and is there something i can do to prevent this from happening again. im nervous flying it now . after the last crash and now the new one is disconnecting. im using an ipad mini 4. with a apple cord from the ipad to the controller usb port on bottom.
2017-8-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It could have happened for any reason but make sure you force close all of the apps before flying the MP and keep an eye on it. As lon as RTH is working you should not be worry. The MP will always come back when it disconnect from the RC or if the APP disconnected you can still control it with the remote, So make sure you always fly in LOS! This is your best defence.

Also check the warnings in the GO4 app.

2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As dronist mentioned, the disconnected may happened for many reasons. I would recommend you to place the antenna properly, ensure the antenna face the aircraft directly receives the maximum receiving surface. Do not block the RC’s front end to ensure steady signal transmission. Take care when you test the performance.
2017-8-11
Use props
BowtieJC
lvl.2
United States

I made sure everything was correct. antennas were correct and pointed like they are supposed to be. i was facing the drone and it was only about 50 or 60 feet up from me when it disconnected. it was in RTH when it disconnected. and kept giving a yellow vision sensor code  at the top where it is usually green.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Was it image transmission lost or RC signal lost when disconnected? Could you control the drone at that time? Since you haven't upgraded yet, I suggest upgrading first.
2017-8-12
Use props
BowtieJC
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-12 22:43
Was it image transmission lost or RC signal lost when disconnected? Could you control the drone at that time? Since you haven't upgraded yet, I suggest upgrading first.

to be honest i didn't notice. i was too busy looking at the iPad screen and messing with it. i didn't try to control anything because it was landing in my driveway , so i just let it land so i didn't mess anything up and make it go away. if it does it again i will watch for that. i just freaked out .
2017-8-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

FWIW, I have 'dealt' with the disconnections to my iPhone 6+ many many times now.  I am referring to the app disconnecting from the RC, RC to AC never disconnects... I have concluded that, when the app disconnects, I merely have to unplug the USB (from the left side of the RC) and plug it back in.  9 times out of 10, I'm reconnected in seconds.   Try this the next time it disconnects.
2017-8-14
Use props
BowtieJC
lvl.2
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-8-14 09:48
FWIW, I have 'dealt' with the disconnections to my iPhone 6+ many many times now.  I am referring to the app disconnecting from the RC, RC to AC never disconnects... I have concluded that, when the app disconnects, I merely have to unplug the USB (from the left side of the RC) and plug it back in.  9 times out of 10, I'm reconnected in seconds.   Try this the next time it disconnects.

thanks ill try that . I'm nervous flying it now. up until the last update i had flown out to .750 of a mile. which is far for me. and it was flawless. now that the new firm ware update i crashed it and DJI was real good and quick on replacement. but 1st flight it lost connection so now I'm afraid to fly it again.

2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BowtieJC Posted at 2017-8-14 08:27
to be honest i didn't notice. i was too busy looking at the iPad screen and messing with it. i didn't try to control anything because it was landing in my driveway , so i just let it land so i didn't mess anything up and make it go away. if it does it again i will watch for that. i just freaked out .

Alright, I understand your situation at that time. I hope you'll be calm and careful, the drone has its RTH logic, ensure there is a good GPS signal, the drone will also come back to the Homepoint if you can not control the drone. Now please connect the drone and app to see if the drone works right. And I also recommend upgrading the firmware of the drone and RC.
2017-8-14
Use props
BowtieJC
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 23:22
Alright, I understand your situation at that time. I hope you'll be calm and careful, the drone has its RTH logic, ensure there is a good GPS signal, the drone will also come back to the Homepoint if you can not control the drone. Now please connect the drone and app to see if the drone works right. And I also recommend upgrading the firmware of the drone and RC.

Thanks. everything is up to date. all firmware is the latest. i will be careful and hope for the best. Thanks
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules