Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4P with P4 remote and batteries question.
549 2 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

A couple of quick questions.  DJI is now selling the P4P without a remote control or battery charger.  If I buy the P4P, can I use it with my P4 remote control?  If so, I assume that it wouldn't work with the 5GHz band.  Are the batteries different from the p4 batteries and can I charge them with my p4 charger?  Any info is appreciated.

--Jim
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The P4P aircraft is not fully compatible with P4 controller for now. We will release on our website as soon as it is ready. Both batteries and chargers of P4 series are compatible, no worries.
2017-8-11
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As DJI Susan states, the P4 batteries are physically compatible with the P4P. However, for them to work the battery firmware must be at a compatible level for the craft. At the moment, the battery firmware is the same between the current releases of the P4P and P4. However, once DJI release the next P4P firmware, they may not be (if it incorporates an updated battery firmware). You'll find out if you install a battery into either craft and GO tells you that there's a "Firmware incompatibility", and you'll have to do a firmware refresh to get the battery compatible with that craft again.

I mention this as I know you have a P4, Jim, and you may be wanting to fly them both. If the firmware gets out of sync again, a solution is to keep some batteries aside for the P4 and some aside for the P4P. Or just fly one of them using all batteries. Or don't upgrade firmware on both craft any further.

I hope that made sense.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules