Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Several questions about the spark.
1250 11 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

Hello Everyone,

Hope all is well.

I'm trying to figure out the nuances of the spark and have several questions. Thanks in advance.

1) Does drone & controller firmware only update when connected to wifi produced by the drone or controller or can I be connected to my home's wifi?

2) Why does my controller beep at me repeatedly when it's plugged in?

3) Does the drone and controller need to be restarted everytime there is a firmware update? How do you restart each item?

4) When should drone calibration be done? Remote calibration?

5) What do the various colored lights mean? What do certain sequences mean?

6) Is there a certain order you need to follow when turning on and off these devices?

7) Do the remote controller antennas need to face a certain way?

I've read conflicting things, so not sure what to believe. Thanks so much.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A message will pop up if new firmware is available. Then you can connect with your home WiFi to download the firmware and then connect the aircraft WiFi to update. The tutorial video will be helpful.

Low battery or sticks not centered may cause the beep, please check the battery level or touch the sticks to check.

Also, the user manual might help you to find the other details.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf

2017-8-11
Use props
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 20:19
A message will pop up if new firmware is available. Then you can connect with your home WiFi to download the firmware and then connect the aircraft WiFi to update. The tutorial video will be helpful.

Low battery or sticks not centered may cause the beep, please check the battery level or touch the sticks to check.

Thanks for the reply.

I've watched the video in the past, didn't answer the specific questions.

Any other help is greatly appreciated. I've started to right my own instructions, as the ones included are rather poorly written and really don't cover much information.
2017-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

2/ when it's plugged into what if charger it shouldn't
3/ yes if there is FW for both you will be prompted
4/drone calibration if you mean compass only when prompted, you can check controller cal in your app
5/read your manual it's all there
6/ read your manual
7/yes they do perpendicular with back facing spark. If flying directly overhead you can put them in horizontal position for better reception.
2017-8-12
Use props
HomePoint
First Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lol, nice tip on 7 there hallmark007, I think I usually hold my controller in a weird skyward pointing direction, not anymore
2017-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-12 12:48
lol, nice tip on 7 there hallmark007, I think I usually hold my controller in a weird skyward pointing direction, not anymore

Well all the signal comes out of antenna back and front so make sense when overhead to face drone, just remember to push up when you fly away.
2017-8-12
Use props
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-12 11:52
2/ when it's plugged into what if charger it shouldn't
3/ yes if there is FW for both you will be prompted
4/drone calibration if you mean compass only when prompted, you can check controller cal in your app

Thanks for the reply...however, I've seen conflicting ideas about the antenna...I've seen that one side (glossier side) of the antenna needs to be pointed towards you and the other antenna has the opposite side pointing towards you.

Not sure if there's any validity to that.

Also, I've re-read the instructions and didn't see anything on lights.

Thanks
2017-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maklobe@gmail.c Posted at 2017-8-13 09:53
Thanks for the reply...however, I've seen conflicting ideas about the antenna...I've seen that one side (glossier side) of the antenna needs to be pointed towards you and the other antenna has the opposite side pointing towards you.

Not sure if there's any validity to that.

Page 10 of the Manual.

Probably the most ridiculous explanation I've heard for for using your antennas, whoever told you this is having a laugh with you because I can't believe there is anyone that stupid out there.

1/ they only fold out one way, shiny is not going to make your signal any better, signal comes from front and back of antennas and I've already explained how to use them.
2017-8-13
Use props
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:49
Page 10 of the Manual.

Probably the most ridiculous explanation I've heard for for using your antennas, whoever told you this is having a laugh with you because I can't believe there is anyone that stupid out there.

Where I got the information regarding the antenna from.
2017-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

He's an idiot, this is dji tutorial.

2017-8-13
Use props
Maklobe
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-13 12:55
He's an idiot, this is dji tutorial.

https://youtu.be/P7M9JtfVwQE

Appreciate that, that helps clear things up regarding the antennas.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Maklobe@gmail.c Posted at 2017-8-14 20:13
Appreciate that, that helps clear things up regarding the antennas.

As Hallmark007 mentioned, I would recommend you to check the user manual and DJI official tutorial videos when encountering conflict statements.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules