"USB Accessories disabled" error when connecting controller to ma...
8354 5 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I never had any trouble with DJI Assistant 2 with my old macbook.

However, with my new MacBook, the Mavic connects fine, but the controller does not.  Sometimes I get an error message saying "USB accessories disabled" and recommending I disconnect the device which is drawing too much power.

This is a 2017 MacBook Pro with only USB-C ports.  I am connecting it to the controller with an adapter and the same short cable I've alwasy used before.

Is this a problem anyone else has experienced?

Thanks,

Larry
2017-8-11
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi Larry, on my android devices i had to set usb debugging in the developer option in the settings menu of my devices. On my new devise it gives me options of how i want to connect.
2017-8-12
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

1 option is for charging from the device - other option is charging to the device - other option is for transfering files to pc and there are more - must select the right option - maybe also with IOS?
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you tried another USB cable for connecting the RC or reset SMC of your MacBook?
2017-8-12
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Everyone,

What I found out is that it is sensitive to the cables and/or adapter you use.  The original cable did not work with the Apple brand USB-A/USB-C adapter, but it did work with an off-brand adapter.  I did get the Apple Brand USB-A/USB-C. adapter to work with a different cable.  Aparently the specific combination of adapter and cable I originally tried to use is incompatible with the Mavic controller.

Incidentally, I noticed that with that particular combination of adapter and cable, the c controller wouldn't charge either.

So, the mortal of the story.  If its not working for you, first thing to try is different adapters/cables.

Larry
2017-8-13
Use props
Smalls
New

Singapore

Hey all! I'm having this problem with my Ronin-S. Trying to plug into my 2017 macbook pro and the error appears. I've tried the standard mac USB-C charging cable and a third party cable. Neither working.

I'm going to see if exhausting battery power in the gimbal will make a difference.

Appreciate anyones input!

Cheers, Elliott
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules