Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-M "Wobble" Issue (UNUSABLE FOOTAGE)
4995 4 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SD15
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All,

Having quite a hard time capturing smooth, usable footage from my Ronin-M (only about a month old). Since Day One, I've had trouble getting footage that doesn't "wobble" or "jitter" as I walk. Here is my set-up:

5D Mark III (with Battery Grip)
24-105mm Lens
SmallRig Tilt Extension Rods

All firmware appears to be up-to-date and I can get the camera near-enough balanced perfectly on all 3 axis. I understand that 3-axis gimbals won't compensate for "up and down" movement (and side-to-side to some degree). However, I don't know about you, but these movements seem too prominent in the footage I'm getting.

1ST CLIP: This was taken whilst on a job, thought it'd be worth a try before the guests came in. But as you can see the jitter is still there. Auto-Tune Stability was performed and I stuck with those settings (can't remember what they were unfortunately, but there were no vibrations in the system).

2ND CLIP: Tried again from home, this time by adjusting the Motor Settings to (isn't as bad, but still noticeable):

Pan: 75, 0            
Tilt: 25, 0
Roll: 60, 0

Smoothtrack Settings:

Pan: 18, 5, 0
Tilt: 15, 5, 0

Any ideas what the problem could be, or what I might be doing wrong here? I always adopt the "heel-toe" walking technique when shooting with the Ronin-M, but no matter how hard I try, I still recieve results like these.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to set up a higher value for speed and deadband after installing the lens mount.
Besides, please walk in uniform speed to decrease the vibration in vertical direction.
2017-8-14
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

what i have done is put the ronin M on the stand and increase the pan till you can feel the motors then back it off by 5, same with the title and roll. you should have much better results!
2017-11-2
Use props
akshayv
lvl.1

India

I have heel pain and need arch support for my tired feet. I first wore orthofeet shoes around the house for an hour or two at a t        ime, as suggested. This past weekend I ventured out to work my daughters Girl Scout cookie booths. I was on my feet 2 hours straight and my feet felt great.
2018-7-2
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

I have got the same problem. Upping stiffness helps a bit but does not resolve the issue completely. Youtube is full of supersmooth footage and I can not achieve that. Balance is perfect.
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules