Doesn't like grass?
931 4 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Had an issue trying to start the I2 on grass.  Gimbal on X5S never pointed ahead.  Always some odd direction each time I restarted it, as well as with GO 4 on the iPad Air 2.  All current software/firmware, etc.  Bottom photo gimbal is stuck in portrait mode.

Moved it off the grass onto concrete walkway and it booted up fine and pointed ahead as it should.

X5S gimbal direction #2.

X5S gimbal direction #2.

X5S gimbal direction #1.

X5S gimbal direction #1.
2017-8-12
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

That's interesting. We actually did the same thing yesterday and I noticed the gimbal had very abnormal movement when it was on the grass.

Didn't think much of it, but the grass we were in was much taller. We weren't actually taking off or landing there - the Inspire 2 was only in the grass because there was shade while we adjusted settings.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

paraviz02 Posted at 2017-8-12 12:31
That's interesting. We actually did the same thing yesterday and I noticed the gimbal had very abnormal movement when it was on the grass.

Didn't think much of it, but the grass we were in was much taller. We weren't actually taking off or landing there - the Inspire 2 was only in the grass because there was shade while we adjusted settings.

Yeah, it does seem odd.  The grass was damp so maybe the water drops had something to do with it?  Still don't know why the gimbal would act so odd on it though and rest into some very odd positions and no two re-starts were alike.  Yet on concrete it was fine.

Fwiw, I've flown off  the same grass with the X4S camera a lot of times without an issue, but this was a first for the X5S with the Olympus 45mm lens.
2017-8-12
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

I have had my X5S boot up in portrait mode one time and I was flying off the roof of a Nissan Pathfinder.

Wayne
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Does this issue recurrence every time on the grass? Maybe it's just a coincidence.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules