Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cloudy Images
1846 21 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb7810ca7
Canada

I recently purchased the mavic and for the most part, it seems great. But then there are times when I turn everything on and the picture quality shows up really cloudy and not crisp and clear like normal. I'm not sure what the problem is, it's done this since day 1 too. Has anyone had this issue befor

Attached are 2 different pictures. 1 as you can see is crisp, clear and sharp. The other I just took today.
DJI_0089_1.jpg

2 days ago

2 days ago
2017-8-12
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

You may be inadvertently swiping the exposure wheel. Right index on the controller on the front of it, the silver wheel. I was hitting it too and didn't realize it and my image was kinda like that but worse and didn't know what the hell was happening. Hopefully that's all it is.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansb7810ca7
Canada

Pumavic Posted at 2017-8-12 11:11
You may be inadvertently swiping the exposure wheel. Right index on the controller on the front of it, the silver wheel. I was hitting it too and didn't realize it and my image was kinda like that but worse and didn't know what the hell was happening. Hopefully that's all it is.

Nope, it does it as soon as I turn the drone on sometimes. I don't even have to touch anything. I've tried adjusting the exposure but it makes no difference and I've tried to change the place in which it focuses but it also doesn't do anything to change it.

Other times it's perfectly fine, I just don't get it.
2017-8-12
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.4
United States

fansb7810ca7 Posted at 2017-8-12 12:01
Nope, it does it as soon as I turn the drone on sometimes. I don't even have to touch anything. I've tried adjusting the exposure but it makes no difference and I've tried to change the place in which it focuses but it also doesn't do anything to change it.

Other times it's perfectly fine, I just don't get it.

hmm, got me bro...hope it gets cleared up
2017-8-12
Use props
JNevs
Canada

Pumavic Posted at 2017-8-12 12:04
hmm, got me bro...hope it gets cleared up

Me too, lol. It's weird because it doesn't do it all the time. Idk if it's an issue with the lens or what. I'm gonna have to contact support when they're open (it's annoying they're not open 7 days a week and mainly at night for online chat)
2017-8-12
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Looks like humidity either on the lens or worse, inside the camera.
If that humidity is inside the camera, leave it in a warm and dry place or warm it up (not heat it up) with a hair dryer.
2017-8-12
Use props
calmari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

I had this. I put it down to the humidity from the grass. It had just stopped raining and the sun was out. I need to check for it the next time I am out.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you tried to check the camera when you took the picture like the second one? Was there any dirt or fog on the lens?
2017-8-12
Use props
RobDownUnder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 103609 ft
Australia

If you see this before take off - the lens should show any grime/moisture on lens. The roof looks out of focus slightly, so it is not easy to pinpoint problem, so start at the beginning of the process, ie cleanliness before take off, settings such as auto exposure, and then focus. Moisture inside a lens is rare I would think. Was this in a low temperature environment? That and humidity could moisten the lens in flight as well. I've not had this with Mavic, but have taken a Canon camera out of an air-con car into high humidity and had mist on lens.
2017-8-12
Use props
JNevs
Canada

calmari Posted at 2017-8-12 16:21
I had this. I put it down to the humidity from the grass. It had just stopped raining and the sun was out. I need to check for it the next time I am out.

Not launching from the grass though, and it can do it on a bright sunny day.
2017-8-12
Use props
calmari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

JNevs Posted at 2017-8-12 20:23
Not launching from the grass though, and it can do it on a bright sunny day.

Okay. Be interesting to see what you find out.
2017-8-13
Use props
JNevs
Canada

RobDownUnder Posted at 2017-8-12 20:01
If you see this before take off - the lens should show any grime/moisture on lens. The roof looks out of focus slightly, so it is not easy to pinpoint problem, so start at the beginning of the process, ie cleanliness before take off, settings such as auto exposure, and then focus. Moisture inside a lens is rare I would think. Was this in a low temperature environment? That and humidity could moisten the lens in flight as well. I've not had this with Mavic, but have taken a Canon camera out of an air-con car into high humidity and had mist on lens.

mid- upper 70's, low humidity, slight breeze. Lens looks clean and clear, I have a lens hood for it and typically keep the drone in the carrying case when not using it.
2017-8-13
Use props
JNevs
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-12 19:54
Had you tried to check the camera when you took the picture like the second one? Was there any dirt or fog on the lens?

Yea, it's clean and clear of any debris or dirt. I keep a lens hood on it as well.
2017-8-13
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

JNevs Posted at 2017-8-13 07:10
Yea, it's clean and clear of any debris or dirt. I keep a lens hood on it as well.

And when you remove that gimbal cover, does the fogginess also disappear?
2017-8-13
Use props
JNevs
Canada

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-13 07:41
And when you remove that gimbal cover, does the fogginess also disappear?

Good question, I've not tried it. I'll have to try it and get back to you. It doesn't do this all the time, it's only been a couple times now. Next time it happens, I'll try that and see what happens.
2017-8-13
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

JNevs Posted at 2017-8-13 13:37
Good question, I've not tried it. I'll have to try it and get back to you. It doesn't do this all the time, it's only been a couple times now. Next time it happens, I'll try that and see what happens.

The gimbal cover always destroys the image quality.
2017-8-13
Use props
cristianc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

I have had this issue before, it had happened to be one of the most humid days here in AU, I believe it pretty much came down to having 95% humidity level on that day. To fix this I left it in the sun for 15-20 minutes and haven't the issue since then.
2017-8-13
Use props
JNevs
Canada

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-13 13:48
The gimbal cover always destroys the image quality.

Interesting, I'll take that into consideration. I'm just afraid of damaging the gimbal. I'm coming from a P3 Standard that takes great images. I figured with the mavic being a better camera setup that I wouldn't have any types of issues.
2017-8-13
Use props
MARSAN
First Officer
Belgium

JNevs Posted at 2017-8-13 15:52
Interesting, I'll take that into consideration. I'm just afraid of damaging the gimbal. I'm coming from a P3 Standard that takes great images. I figured with the mavic being a better camera setup that I wouldn't have any types of issues.

The gimbal cover introduces irritating streaks of light into the images.
How can you damage your Mavic's gimbal, if you don't crash your Mavic?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JNevs Posted at 2017-8-13 15:52

You can try to remove the gimbal cover. But if the camera still is foggy sometimes, it might cause by the temperature. Please try to leave the drone for a while in the flight area and take off later. That might help.
2017-8-14
Use props
JNevs
Canada

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-13 22:24
The gimbal cover introduces irritating streaks of light into the images.
How can you damage your Mavic's gimbal, if you don't crash your Mavic?

Valid point, lol
2017-8-14
Use props
JNevs
Canada

Update: I flew today and took photos with no issues. When I spoke to DJI support last night, they told me it's possible it could be a camera hardware issue and that I'd have to send it in for analysis. Seeing as how I was able to take photos with no problem today, I think I'll take a wait and see approach. I'm going to go back to that location in the foggy/cloudy photo this weekend, weather permitting, and try taking photos again.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules