P4P+ Owners - Do you have this?
1234 15 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Do you have the ability to calibrate the internal compass on the built in screen?
This is a screen shot from a Crystal Sky unit, I have seen some threads about the radar being off, would like to know if this is how you fixed it?
TIA!
Rick

Internal Compass

Internal Compass
2017-8-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Compass calibration finds true magnetic North.

So it knows where it is, and what direction it travels.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-12
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Yes, it asks me to calibrate it sometimes, and then you have to move the controller in quite a complicated figure 8 pattern. Not sure how to do this without the prompt though.
2017-8-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-12 20:41
Yes, it asks me to calibrate it sometimes, and then you have to move the controller in quite a complicated figure 8 pattern. Not sure how to do this without the prompt though.

All available drone functionality, that has user controls and adjustments are found within the App.

Go through all parameters and find the settings that your piloting style require.

RedHotPoker

2017-8-12
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-12 20:54
All available drone functionality, that has user controls and adjustments are found within the App.

Go through all parameters and find the settings that your piloting style require.

I think they are talking about the compass IN the Crystalclear tablet...  not about calibrating the aircraft's compasses
2017-8-12
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-12 20:57
I think they are talking about the compass IN the Crystalclear tablet...  not about calibrating the aircraft's compasses

Yes, how do you force a calibration of the compass in the tablet on the P4P+ controller.
This seems to affect the radar screen.
Is there a menu item like the screenshot in the first message?
2017-8-13
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

rparge Posted at 2017-8-13 07:06
Yes, how do you force a calibration of the compass in the tablet on the P4P+ controller.
This seems to affect the radar screen.
Is there a menu item like the screenshot in the first message?

I suppose you have to click on the COmpass calibration item in the menu (the one you circled in thepicture), then follow eventual instructions. I think it would tell you to rotate and tilt the screen in a certain pattern and position...
2017-8-13
Use props
Ted11
lvl.2
Jersey

My P4P+ doesn't have this option on the display, I wish it did so I could calibrate its compass, I have tried doing a figure of eight without the prompt which doesn't seem to do anything.
the Attitude indicator in the bottom left hand corner seems to work intermittently since the last firmware update. 0602.

2017-8-13
Use props
Antonio76
lvl.4
Denmark

Ted11 Posted at 2017-8-13 07:32
My P4P+ doesn't have this option on the display, I wish it did so I could calibrate its compass, I have tried doing a figure of eight without the prompt which doesn't seem to do anything.
the Attitude indicator in the bottom left hand corner seems to work intermittently since the last firmware update. 0602.

There are two kinds of compass calibration, one for the aircraft and one for the device compass. For the aircraft it should be in the DJI GO  4 App, and to be performed when the App specifically asks you to do it (and supposedly will lead you to a scren telling you how), and the one for the device is, as you can see from the picture, under the "Device" header in the screen general settings page...
2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-8-12 20:57

OH, I guess I wasn't being specific enough. & here I thought my comment was clear enough.

All user friendly parameter controls are within the app, whether for drone or device.  ;-)
It's obvious some he don't think it's important to study the app, and know where all functionality resides.
Do it again after any updates, as settings can and often revert back to a factory settings stance.

RedHotPoker

2017-8-13
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-13 11:44
OH, I guess I wasn't being specific enough. & here I thought my comment was clear enough.

All user friendly parameter controls are within the app, whether for drone or device.  ;-)

Hi,

I have studied the app extensively, please show me where in the app you can calibrate the tablet's compass, no the RC compass.

The screenshot from above is from a Crystal Sky. I was curious if the P4P+ has this option.

Thanks!
2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rparge Posted at 2017-8-13 16:35
Hi,

I have studied the app extensively, please show me where in the app you can calibrate the tablet's compass, no the RC compass.

I can't show you, as I don't have that

If the options are available, the app 'should' also have them.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-14
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

I just checked my P4P+ screen and it does not have the "Compass calibration" or the "LauncherSettings", the options stop at HDMI.
2017-8-14
Use props
pilotbavaria
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2058891 ft
Germany

Go to settings on screen. Choose "MC Settings" on your remote. Its the first icon, which looks like a little copter. Scroll down to "Advanced settings". Click sensors. There you will find "Calibrate Compass"
2017-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

So that is found on the P4P app, same as the P3P Go app.  Yes, you need to click on each of the specific items to see what they fully entail.

One last thought, when looking through the app, be sure to check each page for an ability to scroll down.

Sometimes the menu lists are not all visible, particularly when your device is orientated horizontally in landscape mode.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-14
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-8-14 11:27
I just checked my P4P+ screen and it does not have the "Compass calibration" or the "LauncherSettings", the options stop at HDMI.

Thank you, that was what I was looking for.
Cheers!
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules