Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera has SEVERe LAG
885 12 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsmith5253
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56841 ft
United States

My Dji camera has Severe lag!!!

IT works, but if i move my hand in front of the camera there is a 5-10 second lag between what occurs on my screen and what just happened.

this is not my first mavic, but it is a refurb, this did not happen due to any crash.  havent even flown it in quite a few months.. updated firmware and this happens.. can anyone help? what do you need from me ?
2017-8-12
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Two things to try.
-Connect the controller to the phone with the full size USB port on the bottom of the controller.

-While everything is connected and up and running, exit the Go4 app and force close it. Open the Go4 app again.
2017-8-12
Use props
jsmith5253
lvl.1
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-8-12 15:07
Two things to try.
-Connect the controller to the phone with the full size USB port on the bottom of the controller.

its connected to the cable everytime i use it, i will try restarting the app
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

What mobile device are you using? Had you noticed the Image Transmission Settings (the HD icon on the top right of the camera view), is it green or red of the noise at current channel?  Had you tried another place to fly with? Please try to switch the phone to Airplane Mode and fly in a wide place for testing.
2017-8-12
Use props
jsmith5253
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-12 18:35
What mobile device are you using? Had you noticed the Image Transmission Settings (the HD icon on the top right of the camera view), is it green or red of the noise at current channel?  Had you tried another place to fly with? Please try to switch the phone to Airplane Mode and fly in a wide place for testing.

I will try all of these settings and report back, thank you Thor.
2017-8-13
Use props
jsmith5253
lvl.1
United States

I am usung a samsung E5
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jsmith5253 Posted at 2017-8-13 06:24
I am usung a samsung E5

This device is on the support list, so it might not be the compatible issue. Please try the suggestions I gave and look forward to your feedback.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans5327ffe1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

I am also using a s5 and had the lag issue on two occasions. Eleminating other possible reasons (original dji cable in side port) i concluded that it was interference in that specific area (did not check the tranfer there and then as i foundd this suggestion later on the forum). If you are flying and not sure you have the lag, move the gimble up and down to give you an indication. In my case the mavics orientation in the app was also lagging behind, causing me to swerve left and right on the return flight.
2017-8-14
Use props
jsmith5253
lvl.1
United States

HI,  i tried in another place and the camera is normal now. they HD icon in the top right has full bars and is flashing. what does the flashing mean?
2017-8-16
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

jsmith5253 Posted at 2017-8-16 12:37
HI,  i tried in another place and the camera is normal now. they HD icon in the top right has full bars and is flashing. what does the flashing mean?

Nothing very helpful.  It will sometimes blink when it's right next to you in a low interference location.
2017-8-16
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-8-16 12:41
Nothing very helpful.  It will sometimes blink when it's right next to you in a low interference location.

I have experienced this before, wave my arm up/down around 2 ft from camera lens and had quite a lag, I haven't tested it since, will check it out next time I fire it up.
2017-8-16
Use props
jsmith5253
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-16 12:49
I have experienced this before, wave my arm up/down around 2 ft from camera lens and had quite a lag, I haven't tested it since, will check it out next time I fire it up.

test yours and let me know! i'm curious.

for me it was a matter of trying my drone in a different location. (my office vs my home)
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

jsmith5253 Posted at 2017-8-16 12:37

That is because of the signal interfered, but the interference is too little to discover. No worries. Just fly the drone in a wide place with less interference.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules