Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bought used Inspire 1 V2 pro with X3 and X5 Need help please!
1675 8 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TJuice
New

Canada

Ok so i bought a used Inspire 1 pro V2 used for cheap. It came with 4 batteries that would not charge, I fixed that by charging them a bit manually and then putting them back together.
The X3 camera works fine.
The X5 camera does not work. It does not to the dance upon startup, only the green light on the camera lights showing the a card is installed. Ive checked the ribbon cable connection to the aircraft and the pins all look good. Not sure if the X5 is toast or if its a firmware problem. I believe the firmware has not been upgraded in a long time.
I need some advice please on upgrading the firmware. This is what the app says the current firmware is:
APP 3.1.8
VERSION 1.6.00.40
CAMERA 1.7.00.90
REMOTE 1.5.80

Can i install the X5 camera update with X3 camera installed? Should i install the X3 firmware? I guess i need the best advice on how to proceed and with which firmware to figure out if the X5 needs to be sent for repair.

Thanks in advance!
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The camera's firmware is higher than the drone's, try to upgrade first, please refer to the tutorial:

Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-8-12
Use props
TJuice
New

Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-12 18:26
The camera's firmware is higher than the drone's, try to upgrade first, please refer to the tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_bpkgNH0mU&t=58s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOceNwLOkc0o0kOwLedbC1_&index=1
Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Ok I put the firmware update on the card and started it up. this is the file I inzipped to the card Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.11.1.50
I start the Inspire and never get the DDD sounds. Just the yellow light. Do I have to do a different update?
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Can the gimbal do a shelf-checking when you power on? Please try to format the SD card and download the zip files on the official website again, make sure that you download the corresponding firmware and unzip it, move the .bin file to the SD card. Or try another SD card.
2017-8-13
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have you updated the drone like Thor suggested in 2#, if not, try updating it with the X3 camera on, using the latest X3 firmware (on a freshly formatted SD card). Update the aircraft FIRST, with the controller OFF. When this has successfully completed, update the controller with the aircraft OFF. When you have everything up to date (except the X5), put the X5 firmware on the SD card and insert into the aircraft (with the controller OFF). You should now hear the D-D-D-D.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Mark G.
2017-8-13
Use props
TJuice
New

Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-13 02:54
Have you updated the drone like Thor suggested in 2#, if not, try updating it with the X3 camera on, using the latest X3 firmware (on a freshly formatted SD card). Update the aircraft FIRST, with the controller OFF. When this has successfully completed, update the controller with the aircraft OFF. When you have everything up to date (except the X5), put the X5 firmware on the SD card and insert into the aircraft (with the controller OFF). You should now hear the D-D-D-D.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Ok I got the AC RC and batteries all updated to the newest X3 firmware. I tried to update with PRO firmware but I could never get it to work. Only the Inspire 1 with X3 would take. Ive downloaded the X5 firmware but the camera still is dead when I put it on the AC. No gimbal movement. Just red then green light.
I guess this X5 needs to go in for repair?

Thanks for help!
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TJuice Posted at 2017-8-13 04:47
Ok I got the AC RC and batteries all updated to the newest X3 firmware. I tried to update with PRO firmware but I could never get it to work. Only the Inspire 1 with X3 would take. Ive downloaded the X5 firmware but the camera still is dead when I put it on the AC. No gimbal movement. Just red then green light.
I guess this X5 needs to go in for repair?

Did the X5 start to upgrade or it failed?
2017-8-13
Use props
TJuice
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-13 23:45
Did the X5 start to upgrade or it failed?

The X5 does not start the update. When I power the AC up with the X5 installed with firmware on SD card the camera stays limp. It doesn't initialize. Only the green light comes on, which I believe means the SD card is installed.

What should I do now? Thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TJuice Posted at 2017-8-14 08:53
The X5 does not start the update. When I power the AC up with the X5 installed with firmware on SD card the camera stays limp. It doesn't initialize. Only the green light comes on, which I believe means the SD card is installed.

What should I do now? Thanks

It would be better to mount the X5 to another aircraft body or Osmo handle for further troubleshooting.
But if you cannot get that, and you are sure you downloaded the right firmware and the updating process was correct, please send in the X5 to repair center for evaluation and repair.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules