Inspire 1 Maximum distance locked at 50 metres - any one help wit...
5050 25 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lano7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1021207 ft
Australia

I was flying my Inspire 1 around with no issues this morning, then after a battery change it locked the maximum distance to 50 metres from take off - any tips on how to fix this?

2017-8-12
Use props
Scunna
lvl.4
United Kingdom

have you upgraded dji go.If so you need to log in.
2017-8-12
Use props
Chechel75
New

Belgium

Hello Lano7,

I've had this problem too last week.
I've search where to connect in the app but I found nothing. I was already connected at each fly.
After several tests, and connections, It work... I don't know why...

So I can advise you to go on the DJI forum website and look GEO tutorial :

http://forum.dji.com/thread-94993-1-1.html

I hope you'll find to unlock the new security...

Regards
2017-8-13
Use props
Marti1988
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2004367 ft
United Kingdom

had the same problem yesterday 3 battery's were fine no limits my 4th battery locked to 50 meters and 30 meters high everything's up to date and signed in i even resigned in and still limited my last battery
2017-8-13
Use props
fans7fa25fc3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its another DJI mystery joke..I was completely locked into 98 ft altitude and ruined a full day of flying because DJI doesn't tell anybody how to solve their stupid Go app faults..I really hate DJI and hope some completion comes soon..
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on this, if this issue occurs, please hover the drone to the safe place and then reboot the APP. Or let the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft firstly and then APP.
2017-8-13
Use props
BooneIowa
New
Flight distance : 521434 ft
United States

I am having the same issue.  When I uninstall and reinstall the Go App everthing works fine but when I change batteries I get height and distance restrictions.  Beginner mode is off and my max distance is turned off.  I have recalibrated the IMU and compass but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling the go app to turn off the restrictions.  DJI has offered no solutions.  Please provide any assitance.

2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BooneIowa Posted at 2017-8-15 10:53
I am having the same issue.  When I uninstall and reinstall the Go App everthing works fine but when I change batteries I get height and distance restrictions.  Beginner mode is off and my max distance is turned off.  I have recalibrated the IMU and compass but the only thing that works is uninstalling and reinstalling the go app to turn off the restrictions.  DJI has offered no solutions.  Please provide any assitance.

Please refer to my post on 6#. This issue usually happens when you change another battery without rebooting APP, please reboot APP after you turn on the aircraft.
2017-8-15
Use props
Njorl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1531821 ft
United States

Been having similar problems intermittently on my I1 too since the July update.  Recommend now to ALWAYS power back up in this order: 1) controller, 2) aircraft, THEN 3) Go App.  Previous firmware did not have this problem...been flying I1 for 29 months without it.  Bugs ;)
2017-8-20
Use props
Lano7
lvl.1
Australia

Njorl Posted at 2017-8-20 13:11
Been having similar problems intermittently on my I1 too since the July update.  Recommend now to ALWAYS power back up in this order: 1) controller, 2) aircraft, THEN 3) Go App.  Previous firmware did not have this problem...been flying I1 for 29 months without it.  Bugs ;)

Thanks Njorl, this seems to have done the trick - I drained a few batteries getting the flight times and distance I needed tonight. Having to log in overtime I restart the Inspire is a pain, but will have to live with it for now,

So I am now logging out of the app, clearing it from my iPad. then firing up the controller, starting the craft, then launching the app, logging in, then launching, seems to be working, but will test throughout the week,

regards,
2017-8-21
Use props
1HPC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1307700 ft
Denmark

Hello Mindy
It is very hard for me with 2 Dji Drone¨s , 1 phantom4 with latest firmware  that dont fly stable anymore , an now my Inspire 1 pro after latest dji go app update only allows me to fly over 30m high an 50m width with 1 of my 5 accus . I have tryed to reboot software an drone , but it dont help me , only 1 accu let me fly over 30-50m 0-((
2017-8-21
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

1HPC Posted at 2017-8-21 12:12
Hello Mindy
It is very hard for me with 2 Dji Drone¨s , 1 phantom4 with latest firmware  that dont fly stable anymore , an now my Inspire 1 pro after latest dji go app update only allows me to fly over 30m high an 50m width with 1 of my 5 accus . I have tryed to reboot software an drone , but it dont help me , only 1 accu let me fly over 30-50m 0-((

So your Phantom 4 is garbage now thanks to the recent update?

Seems that so many people have issues with the latest firmware. When will DJI fix this for all of their aircraft?
2017-8-21
Use props
Steve K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 20:31
Please refer to my post on 6#. This issue usually happens when you change another battery without rebooting APP, please reboot APP after you turn on the aircraft.

So, you are saying that we need to reboot the app whenever we change batteries? Could you elaborate what reboot means? Should I turn off the remote as well?
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi, guys, iOS DJI GO V3.1.15 has been released in batches and this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience. Sorry for all the trouble that has been brought before.
2017-8-21
Use props
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

reinstall the app first ..
2017-8-22
Use props
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

Re-Install the app
2017-8-22
Use props
1HPC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1307700 ft
Denmark

Hello Mindy

After updating to DJI GO V3.1.15 everything is now back to normal for inspire 1 pro , now I only wish I could say the same about my Phantom 4 after latest software update has grounded it.

2017-8-22
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 20:31

Restarting the APP works, but you shouldn't have to restart the app each time you change the battery.  Please make sure that this is a bug that will be checked at.

Thank you
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

McCrea Posted at 2017-8-22 05:01
Restarting the APP works, but you shouldn't have to restart the app each time you change the battery.  Please make sure that this is a bug that will be checked at.

Thank you

iOS DJI GO V3.1.15 has been released in batches and this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience.
2017-8-26
Use props
fans2f20eeb7
New
Flight distance : 34875 ft
Germany

Hello,
first of all i peg you pardon to my bad english. My name is Peter. I'm a german and 57 years old.
I've bought my inspire1 at second hand.
All firmware are the newest.
Now i've got the problem, i cant fly more then 50m and 30m high.
I think the Copter is not on my account. What can i to?
Please help me.
Thanks
greetings Peter
2017-8-26
Use props
Lano7
lvl.1
Australia

fans2f20eeb7 Posted at 2017-8-26 04:37
Hello,
first of all i peg you pardon to my bad english. My name is Peter. I'm a german and 57 years old.
I've bought my inspire1 at second hand.

Hey Peter, Your english is better than my german!

i would log out of the app (DJI GO) after backing up your files, synching your recent flying activity,

Delete the App from your phone,

If you are using an iPhone, double tap the home button, swipe all of the open apps from your phone,

reinstall the app, log in with your DJI login, see how you go,

I have been testing this out all week, with constant flying and re installing of the app,

I now have it fixed, although, i did have to log on for every second battery change,

If you still have the geo fencing issue, contact the DJI help chat,
2017-8-27
Use props
fans2f20eeb7
New
Germany

Hello Lano,
thanks for your help.
I have bought the Ipad only for the Inspire. There was so many  Apps open. I have close all them and deinstall the DJI Go App.
I install the App again and i hope it's better.
Many thanks for your help

Greetings Peter
2017-8-27
Use props
Gandalf0207
New
Germany

fans2f20eeb7 Posted at 2017-8-27 05:53
Hello Lano,
thanks for your help.
I have bought the Ipad only for the Inspire. There was so many  Apps open. I have close all them and deinstall the DJI Go App.

I have change my nickname in Gandalf0207
2017-8-27
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-26 02:25
iOS DJI GO V3.1.15 has been released in batches and this problem has been fixed, please update at your most convenience.

thank you, good to know
2017-8-27
Use props
Gandalf0207
New
Germany

Hello,
Yeaaahh..... it works
I have close all open Apps. Then i deinstall and install new the DJI Go App.
Now i can fly more than 50m away and more than 30m high.
Thanks a lot for you help

Greetings Peter
2017-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gandalf0207 Posted at 2017-8-27 11:39
Hello,
Yeaaahh..... it works  
I have close all open Apps. Then i deinstall and install new the DJI Go App.

Glad to know the problem got sorted out. Please keep your APP up to date. If the problem occurs randomly, please hover the drone to safe place and reboot APP. Or return the drone to home point , reboot the APP.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules