Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[REQUEST] New intelligent flight mode
887 10 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475220 ft
Portugal

It would be very nice to have a new intelligent flight mode that mix the course lock with point of interest.  That way we would be able to have smooth straight flights that would rotate the drone to aways be facing the object, without any jumps or joysticks pilots errors. I am sure that for experienced pilots, that is something very easy to do, but for new ones, not so easy.
Just add a new option on the point of interest mode. "straight line" or "circular".
I think that this would be something very easy to add, and it will help a lot. ;)

2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for your suggestion, we'll forward it to our engineers, I think they will take it into consideration if it is possible.
2017-8-14
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

This sounds like a really interesting suggestion for filming smooth "fly-by" scenes!
2017-8-14
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

You already have it ;)  It's the Active-track spotlight mode. It locks the mavic in a right-to-left (no circles) and back-&-forth pattern once you started tracking a subject. Don't forget that you can track objects (not only people) by drawing a box around the object to track

In the opening sceen of this video I used Spolight to fly along the ridge while keeping me in the frame.
The sceen at 0:57 is also using Spolight, but I'm pulling away and up

2017-8-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Until it is added to the Go4 app, you should look into the Litchi app.  I don't believe any professional looking footage is shot by hand, rather you give the controls to a computer and let it do the flying/gimbal pitching for you (waypoint mission).  Buy it, or don't...
2017-8-14
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-14 08:59
You already have it ;)  It's the Active-track spotlight mode. It locks the mavic in a right-to-left (no circles) and back-&-forth pattern once you started tracking a subject. Don't forget that you can track objects (not only people) by drawing a box around the object to track

In the opening sceen of this video I used Spolight to fly along the ridge while keeping me in the frame.

Thanks! I, for one, always thought of Active Track as tracking a moving object, instead of locking onto a stationary spot and flying by that. Shall try that once the weather settles.
2017-8-14
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-14 08:59

Humm. I tried this,  a few days ago, and got the impression that the drone started to rotated around the selected object.
I will try that again to confirm.
By the way, nice video.
2017-8-14
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Switzerland

alexmbraMav Posted at 2017-8-14 11:28
Humm. I tried this,  a few days ago, and got the impression that the drone started to rotated around the selected object.
I will try that again to confirm.
By the way, nice video.

Thanks !

Here's the flight log of that opening sequence. You can see that the flight path is pretty much straight.  You get the impression that the Mavic is circling because it's always point its nose to the tracked subject.   

2017-8-14
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-14 12:20
Thanks !

Here's the flight log of that opening sequence. You can see that the flight path is pretty much straight.  You get the impression that the Mavic is circling because it's always point its nose to the tracked subject.   

Didn't know spotlight could do this. Still new to the mavic and thanks for pointing it out! I've tried to manually fly straight pass-by almost directly over an object while focusing on it (forward->yaw 180deg->reverse) but it's quite hard to make a steady shot.
2017-8-15
Use props
alexmbraMav
lvl.4
Portugal

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-8-14 12:20
Thanks !

Thank you! I just tried this today and it does work as you said.  
2017-8-15
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Switzerland

alexmbraMav Posted at 2017-8-15 12:34
Thank you! I just tried this today and it does work as you said.

Glad I could help !
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules