Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cannot Fly Brand New Mavic, Please Help!
1563 16 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Before I start, I am not new to drones and own a DJI phantom 1, P3P and a Spark. I have a brand new Mavic fly more package and having multiple issues and have been unable to fly it. Pretty frustrated at this point and really hope someone can please help me resolve these issues.

1st off is DJI GO 4, it looses the map every time it is restarted. I have reinstalled the program over 100 times in the last 2 days to no avail. Tried caching maps and shutting off Wi-Fi, but every time app is restarted or connected to drone map disappears again. Have the latest App and firmware in all DJI devices (900), even tried reinstalling firmware in Mavic 3 times.

2nd issue with DJI GO 4, If the drone is set up in GO 4, parameters such as return to home, flight height and distance change to zero when the DJI Goggles are connected. Every time changes are made to reset them, as soon as you go to the next tab, and reopen the tab you changed, they are back to zero. The changes are not stored. Tried changing these with the Mavic connected or disconnected, no difference. If the Mavic is unbound from the goggles, and bound just to the RC, the changes stay. As soon as the goggles are connected, the changes go to zero and will not stay if changed on app.

Tried flying the Mavic after setting all parameters on GO 4 correctly without goggles connected, then bound goggles ignoring the fact that return to home shows zero. Mavic will not fly more then 96 feet high, like the Mavic is not seeing the app (I know from flying the spark, the drone needs to see the app to fly higher then that).

Device used is an Apple  Ipad mini 4, 3 months old and works with Spark and DJI GO for P3P. Tried an Apple 5S I phone with no difference. Also tried an Apple Ipad air 2, still no difference. So the issue is not the device.

Will really appreciate any assistance to help resolve this issue. Thanks in Advance, Louie

2017-8-13
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

I'd try to attack the issues one by one. Leave the goggles alone for now and get the MP to fly. Have you registered the drone and are you signed in to the app?
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-13 08:41
I'd try to attack the issues one by one. Leave the goggles alone for now and get the MP to fly. Have you registered the drone and are you signed in to the app?

Yes, on both questions.
2017-8-13
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
United States

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-13 08:41
Yes, on both questions.

Make sure beginner mode is off, I think there are some distance limitations with that. Are you getting any messages when you launch? I sometimes fly with an ipad Air 2 with wifi only and am not having any trouble with maps. I usually launch from home while connected to the network so that may explain that.
2017-8-13
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Are you using the bottom SUB port on the RC to connect your device?
2017-8-13
Use props
Eagle_Eye
First Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

U S B port, sorry auto correct.
2017-8-13
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you binding the AC with wi-fi or cable?
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-13 09:49
Make sure beginner mode is off, I think there are some distance limitations with that. Are you getting any messages when you launch? I sometimes fly with an ipad Air 2 with wifi only and am not having any trouble with maps. I usually launch from home while connected to the network so that may explain that.

Beginner mode is off, and no error messages.
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-8-13 10:08
Are you using the bottom SUB port on the RC to connect your device?

Yes, and tried with short cable using side small usb port.
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Supercaliber Posted at 2017-8-13 10:12
Are you binding the AC with wi-fi or cable?

Binding using cable connected to usb port on RC to IPad.
2017-8-13
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the maps, you need to enable MAP CACHING in the background for it to work. Do that first, then turn WIFI ON, start the GO4 APP, click on the radar circle and change it to map. expand the map so it include your entire area. Close the app, Turn off wifi and go to airplane mode and you should see the map.
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2017-8-13 08:41

Did what you suggested. Unbound the goggles, bound the RC only, Had a very nice first flight for a mile away. The map worked as well. Need to figure out when the goggles are connected, why the map and settings don't work. Very weird.
2017-8-13
Use props
ghostrdr
First Officer
United States

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-13 13:40
Did what you suggested. Unbound the goggles, bound the RC only, Had a very nice first flight for a mile away. The map worked as well. Need to figure out when the goggles are connected, why the map and settings don't work. Very weird.

I don't have the goggles so good luck. Lot of helpful videos on youtube. And use a spotter until you get comfortable!
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Goggles FW is 900, did a refresh as suggested, no change. Unbound the goggles and reloaded the app, version shows up under aircraft. Tried a flight with the RC and the app, flew fine a mile away from home with the map and proper parameters. As soon as I landed rebound goggles and RC, restarted app and lost map again and cannot change parameters in app.

Once this occurs, the map will not show up again no matter what you do. Power off IPad, restart app with or without Rc and goggles, with or without Mavic on, the map will not reappear unless app is removed and restarted. After app reinstall map will work until rc, goggles and Mavic are connected, then blam blank map, again! Going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

After 3 days here is what I found out, still unresolved. If the app is deleted and reinstalled and rc is bound to Mavic only, app and maps work. Once working if one set of goggles is bound to Mavic using quick linking, the app, maps and goggles work. That is until the app is closed and then restarted, then no map, again! Reopening the app and changing the setting for my spark still shows no map. Only way to get the map to work again on any DJI drone is to remove and reinstall DJI GO 4.

If 2 sets of goggles and rc are bound to Mavic, the map never works no matter what you do (4 letter words included).
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did the first issue only happen on Mavic? If the parameters change to zero, it means the connection abnormal. Since you had rebound the Goggles, could you please provide a video about your case? I could help to check more. Thank you.
2017-8-13
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is an update to my issue. Purchased Litchi as a test. With one set of goggles connected map and Litchi works fine. Have no issues with distant flights. However when 2 sets of goggles are connected, range is limited to 99 feet. This occurs with DJI GO 4 or with Litchi, despite the fact the apps are signed in.

Have been trying to resolve this for 3 1/2 days and contacted DJI support. Bobby states this a known firmware issue and will take a month to rectify. They are also aware that DJI GO 4 app keeps losing the map when restarted and a fix is suppose to be out in the next week.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules