Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic and Wasps
1047 6 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18156 ft
United Kingdom

What is it with the Mavic and wasps? first flight with it today and when i came to land there must of been 5/6 around it i made sure it landed away from me haha
vlcsnap-2017-08-13-22h46m33s239.png
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

same issue i have with my spark.. we have a wasp or hornet nest not too far from my house somewhere, still haven't located it in the tree or the ground yet.  they absolutely hate my spark.  more than a few times its been like an open air blender when they tried to attack it.  LOL.    not entirely sure i would want to relocate these nasty hornets or wasps we have, probably want to kill them given how aggressive they get.. buit it is kind of funny that they hate our drones sometimes..start going nuts..
2017-8-13
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

With some patience and you could train them to fly in formation with your MP. FROM LEMON TO LEMONADE!  
2017-8-13
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Given my admittedly irrational fear of bees and wasps, I have to say the sound of my Mavic is somewhat unsettling.  Maybe they think it's their god or queen or something...

LP
2017-8-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

The picture looks like a bee instead of a wasp.
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-8-13 18:13
The picture looks like a bee instead of a wasp.

honey bee if first thing i thought with the pix..... if it is a honey bee they are relatively harmless just very curious... if its honey bee i wouldn't worry to much, its only wasps/hornets/yellow jackets i would be worried because those guys are straight up d*cks. unless you are allergic to bees...yea...  

around my house though is where wasps and hornets like to linger..  those can enjoy being in the open air blender of my spark's blades.
2017-8-13
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

It seems they're indeed atracted to it. On an ocassion, I was hovering close to myself and started sending the drone away, when I realized a pair of wasps were trying to attack me. Ended up inside my car, perfoming a RTH and waiting for them to leave... LOL.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules