Kayaking in Lake Michigan
773 13 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rick bernotas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 194944 ft
United States

I love Spark, ActiveTrack is so great...

2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Nice video, thank you for sharing!
2017-8-13
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!
Spark can deliver the goods!!
2017-8-13
Use props
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

France

Nice video! How did you make it circling around you during active track? In quickshot it only does 1 circle, isn't it? Or is that helix?
2017-8-15
Use props
SparkyPilot
lvl.1
Portugal

vasi Posted at 2017-8-15 00:33
Nice video! How did you make it circling around you during active track? In quickshot it only does 1 circle, isn't it? Or is that helix?

When your using active track there should be a bar with a little slider a little below the middle of your screen. Drag that in the direction you want to circle in.
2017-8-15
Use props
SparkyPilot
lvl.1
Portugal

Thats a great video! Spark is great for its size.
2017-8-15
Use props
ENNN
New
United Kingdom

@rick   LET ME GUESS.. YOU MAY HAVE A SKY BLUE COLOR SPARK..
2017-8-15
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

vasi Posted at 2017-8-15 00:33

1.  Make sure you are in ActiveTrack "trace" mode.  There are two modes for ActiveTrack, one is "trace" and the other is "profile".
2.  In trace, you will get a slider on the display while it is tracking the subject.  It defaults to the middle, "0", which means it will just track without circling.
3.  To make it circle your subject in clockwise or counterclockwise motion, move the slider to the left or right.
4.  The further you move to the left or right on the slider, the faster it will move through the circle.  You can adjust this on the fly while it is tracking and taking video.
5.  You can also adjust altitude with the sticks while it is both circling and taking video.

I like to start recording video the moment I launch (I have a 64GB card and just cut out all of the shots I don't want or need), then put it in activetrack on my subject, and then circle around the subject for as long as activetrack will hold the subject.  I think this mode is my favorite as it leads to a lot of great sweeping, cinematic-looking shots without a lot of effort.

Here is another video I made using a lot of activetrack trace circle, but this one is with paddleboarding:

2017-8-15
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

SparkyPilot Posted at 2017-8-15 00:58
Thats a great video! Spark is great for its size.

Thanks!  Yes, the size is perfect, the best part in my opinion is how small it is, and that it can be palm launched or landed, and that you don't have to lug a bunch of extra gear around.  When I am at the beach, I don't have to waste a lot of time with setup or laying down a helipad, I just launch and go, it's so fast to get up in the air and fly!
2017-8-15
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

ENNN Posted at 2017-8-15 01:15
@rick   LET ME GUESS.. YOU MAY HAVE A SKY BLUE COLOR SPARK..

lol! Mine is white color!  It's the only one that was in stock when I ordered it a while ago!  But I do like the blue color one as well!
2017-8-15
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

Nice shots. Spark really is versatile. Thanks for sharing.
2017-8-15
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

rick bernotas Posted at 2017-8-15 05:55
Thanks!  Yes, the size is perfect, the best part in my opinion is how small it is, and that it can be palm launched or landed, and that you don't have to lug a bunch of extra gear around.  When I am at the beach, I don't have to waste a lot of time with setup or laying down a helipad, I just launch and go, it's so fast to get up in the air and fly!

Do you turn off the VPS when flying over water?  Someone else suggested doing that when flying over water.
2017-8-15
Use props
rick bernotas
lvl.3
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-8-15 07:03
Do you turn off the VPS when flying over water?  Someone else suggested doing that when flying over water.

I do not turn off the VPS for water flight, I am just flying normally.

However... I will qualify that with this statement:  when I was flying really low over larger waves, let's say 3+ feet trough to crest on the wave, and altitude of only a few feet over the crests of the waves, you do have to be careful.  Probably, I should have turned off VPS when doing that.  I started to notice that in those larger waves, and flying at very low altitude over the wave crest, that the Spark would start to rise and fall in altitude as it went over the crest and trough of the waves.

I think that behavior is as expected as you have a surface you are flying over that is rapidly changing its altitude, very close to the Spark, and it has to try and compensate for that.

When flying at anything over 3-4 ft. altitude over the waves though, I didn't observe this, it would hold altitude and position just fine.  

Probably YMMV in larger waves of course, but I didn't feel the need to turn VPS off.  The Spark performed amazingly for me over the lake.  I almost couldn't believe how well it behaved... almost like magic, and that is the mark that this technology is becoming so good it's almost seamless--just really great.
2017-8-15
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules