Help needed please. Phantom 2 Vision+ erratic gimble movement
1689 6 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PPI Zulu
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Phantom 2 Vision+ camera gimble which has started behaving erratically.  The history is the same story from DJI owners the world over; I flew it (completely uneventfully), I packed it away, I got it out another day, it's broken.

When I power up the drone the camera initially seems to be trying to find the neutral position but then gives up and starts this erratic 'flicking' and 'twitching'.

[media=x,970,580][/media]

I have successfully performed the 'Hard Reset' twice and allowed the DJI_Phantom_2_Vision_Assistant_3.8 to re-flash the firmware (I wouldn't know any other way of doing doing it).
Here are the results:
Phantom_2_Vision _Firmware_Status.jpg

Dont know what else to do...any ideas?

Zulu

2017-8-13
Use props
PPI Zulu
New

United Kingdom

[media=x,970,580][/media]

Here's the video.

2017-8-13
Use props
PPI Zulu
New

United Kingdom

Dammit! Can't get the video to embed...

2017-8-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would remove the three plugs that lead to the gimbal and inspect closely with a magnifying glass.  Make sure contacts are clean and straight.  Reinsert fully.  Good luck.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It might be that FPC cable or ESC board is broken. I suggest sending the drone in for repair. Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

2017-8-14
Use props
PPI Zulu
New

United Kingdom

Ok! Fixed it already!!

Found this youtube video which, although it has pretty poor production, was exactly what was wrong.

https://youtu.be/Y3Ii1i3-x3I

2017-8-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Well done!
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now