Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark hardware problem
1997 14 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bener
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24012 ft
Cyprus

The USB cable came with spark cant be plugged to micro USB slot. I can plug another cable but this time i cant have a connection. I cant charge the batteries this way or cant connect Spark to computer with cable. How should I solve this problem.?

2017-8-14
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

You should be able to connect with the cable provided with your Spark. If you can't then maybe there was already or maybe you damaged USB port while trying to plug it in.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Just to verify, is the USB cable can't plug into the Mirco USB port of the drone? Do you have an android phone, try to plug this cable to the Mirco USB port of a phone, see if it is the same. Is the drone charging when it connected to the charger with your another USB cable?
2017-8-14
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 01:32
Just to verify, is the USB cable can't plug into the Mirco USB port of the drone? Do you have an android phone, try to plug this cable to the Mirco USB port of a phone, see if it is the same. Is the drone charging when it connected to the charger with your another USB cable?

Yes I tried it with an android phone and its working well. and I tried another cable with drone it plugs in but not charging.,I charge my batteries with the multiple charger of Spark.
2017-8-14
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-14 01:10
You should be able to connect with the cable provided with your Spark. If you can't then maybe there was already or maybe you damaged USB port while trying to plug it in.

How can I damage it so easily?.I just tried normally to plug it.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

bener Posted at 2017-8-14 11:03
Yes I tried it with an android phone and its working well. and I tried another cable with drone it plugs in but not charging.,I charge my batteries with the multiple charger of Spark.

Did you swap out the cable? Did that help?
2017-8-14
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-8-14 20:05
Did you swap out the cable? Did that help?

I tried another cable but no one is connecting . And with spark cable ı can charge the RC no prob. SO cable is ok. I think spark USB port might be damaged. I didn't do anything roughly. SO why happened ı don't know. Is there any solution?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bener Posted at 2017-8-15 00:16
I tried another cable but no one is connecting . And with spark cable ı can charge the RC no prob. SO cable is ok. I think spark USB port might be damaged. I didn't do anything roughly. SO why happened ı don't know. Is there any solution?

Where and when did you purchase this drone? I would recommend you contact the seller to double check it, if it is faulty and you just purchased it, see if you can ask for a replacement. Or you can contact the Support to start a case, then send the drone to DJI repair center for a diagnosis.
2017-8-15
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 01:00
Where and when did you purchase this drone? I would recommend you contact the seller to double check it, if it is faulty and you just purchased it, see if you can ask for a replacement. Or you can contact the Support to start a case, then send the drone to DJI repair center for a diagnosis.

I bought it directly from DJİ .from this site . Ordered in may shipped 30th jun. It was ok in the beginning. Because I charged it once. But after it stopped So It was not a faulty product. Just may be damaged with some reason. I can charge the batteries with multiple charger. SO I thenk if there is not a way to fix it myself I won't use that port. Because to send the drone for repair is difficult.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

bener Posted at 2017-8-15 01:45
I bought it directly from DJİ .from this site . Ordered in may shipped 30th jun. It was ok in the beginning. Because I charged it once. But after it stopped So It was not a faulty product. Just may be damaged with some reason. I can charge the batteries with multiple charger. SO I thenk if there is not a way to fix it myself I won't use that port. Because to send the drone for repair is difficult.

To ensure the safety and performance, we'd recommend you to send it in for evaluation and get it repaired by engineers. Besides, unauthorized modification will void the warranty, for details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-8-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Maybe the connector in the micro usb plug at the spark is damaged?
After all, it is still a micro usb port, can be damaged by the try, to plug in the cable upside down.
And it worked in the beginning!
But I would expect that more  on that square micro UCB port of the RC.

How about, you look at the micro USB port in the spark?
Micro USB is a dying connectortype.
It has a reason, not only for speed!
2017-8-15
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

Is it the Spark end that's a problem or the controller charging port?

I've damaged my controller port because the shape of it meant it wasn't easy to see which way the cable is meant to go in and the micro usb end would go in both ways round. Naturally that resulted in the pin being damaged inside and now DJI won't replace the controller under warranty because they say it's been forced and isn't covered. It's a massive design flaw as there is no clear indicator on the controller or the cable as to which way round it should be and even looking closely didn't make it obvious (my eyes are not great to be fair ).

DJI Support have not been very helpful either. The person I've been in contact with has been very blunt.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:50

I've damaged my controller port because the shape of it meant it wasn't easy to see which way the cable is meant to go in and the micro usb end would go in both ways round. Naturally that resulted in the pin being damaged inside and now DJI won't replace the controller under warranty because they say it's been forced and isn't covered. It's a massive design flaw as there is no clear indicator on the controller or the cable as to which way round it should be and even looking closely didn't make it obvious (my eyes are not great to be fair ).

Moderators in the forum are much more helpful usually. And also way faster to respond to questions/issues.

Every time I've dealt with support through DJI ZenDesk was mostly a disaster. It just feels like they don't even read what you write. The response time is in hours or days :/ I was dealing with Support11.DE.
2017-8-16
Use props
Bearhugger70
New
United Kingdom

I've been dealing with Support.EU5 - started off reasonably well, but soon got very blunt.

Last mail finished with the words "This will be final" and that sorta got my back up.
2017-8-16
Use props
bener
lvl.3
Cyprus

Bearhugger70 Posted at 2017-8-16 03:50

Thanks for all kind of helps. Good news is port of mu spark is ok now. Its charging well ok. I don't know how happened but its ok now. I didn't try transferring data to my computer yet. But I think it should be ok too. I think ı must turn my Spark on for transferring data.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules