2484 12 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi guys,
See the clip, distance 11k feet with no signal issue. The guy got to return because of the battery.
And also note he was on 5.8 Ghz with 2 bars only... So..yeah, as you often say "Shut up and take my money"

2017-8-14
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tried these on my Mavic and notice no difference, maybe I'll try them on the Spark.
2017-8-14
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2357828 ft
Spain

Well, this is not cientific.

You have to compare with and without it in the same condicionts, no diferent days. So the way to test it is in a fix position during the same flight and installing and desinstalling the reflectors, and test the signal.

But is dificult to find this type of test...
2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-14 04:09
Well, this is not cientific.

You have to compare with and without it in the same condicionts, no diferent days. So the way to test it is in a fix position during the same flight and installing and desinstalling the reflectors, and test the signal.

Well, actually there is another clip without windsurfer at the same spot. I was just to lazy to up.
If you want the clip without windsurfer:
2017-8-14
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-14 04:46
Well, actually there is another clip without windsurfer at the same spot. I was just to lazy to up.
If you want the clip without windsurfer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1fXUiUmw0Y&t=1s

Yes but not the same day at the same time... The test should be intall an uninstall the dish in a static sutation to compare properly.

We have this problem in Spain we dont reach more than 300 meters, but one day is 100 meters and two hours later you reach 400 m... so it depends a lot the enviromental conditions and interferences. So to compare you have to do it at the same time with the same RC and the same spark, and then "I will belive".

2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-14 05:03
Yes but not the same day at the same time... The test should be intall an uninstall the dish in a static sutation to compare properly.

We have this problem in Spain we dont reach more than 300 meters, but one day is 100 meters and two hours later you reach 400 m... so it depends a lot the enviromental conditions and interferences. So to compare you have to do it at the same time with the same RC and the same spark, and then "I will belive".

lol, you don't have to believe me, because I do not sell windsurfer, buy it or not up to you. I saw the clip and sharing only
2017-8-14
Use props
fyl88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398274 ft
Malaysia

Works great for me. Previously couldn't get past 900m now 1500m easy. Best thing is reduction in lags and cut outs at long distances. I could get 7km flying in sports mode long distance range on a single batt. 1.5km to and back then then fly to the other end 2km Nd back total 7km.
2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Vietnam

fyl88 Posted at 2017-8-14 18:04
Works great for me. Previously couldn't get past 900m now 1500m easy. Best thing is reduction in lags and cut outs at long distances. I could get 7km flying in sports mode long distance range on a single batt. 1.5km to and back then then fly to the other end 2km Nd back total 7km.

Great to know, thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
SuperCurro
lvl.2
Spain

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-14 05:03
lol, you don't have to believe me, because I do not sell windsurfer, buy it or not up to you. I saw the clip and sharing only

Sorry :-)

I was not talking of belive or not belive, I was talking about measure the eficiency of the dish. An 2x is not the same than 1.1x it is only that. Of course you are sharing (thank you very much) your experience, but it would be more usefull if we can compare in the same conditions.

Again thankyou for sharing
2017-8-15
Use props
zguy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243796 ft
United States

SuperCurro Posted at 2017-8-15 01:46
Sorry :-)

I was not talking of belive or not belive, I was talking about measure the eficiency of the dish. An 2x is not the same than 1.1x it is only that. Of course you are sharing (thank you very much) your experience, but it would be more usefull if we can compare in the same conditions.

Yes, the test I'd like to see is-
-Fly without the reflectors to max distance.
-Install the reflectors and show the increased distance.
2017-8-15
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

zguy Posted at 2017-8-15 04:52
Yes, the test I'd like to see is-
-Fly without the reflectors to max distance.
-Install the reflectors and show the increased distance.

No one has ever proven that these reflectors work. Their commentary is subjective.
2017-8-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok, I ordered something like this and will try it out.

But I will not get it before mid/end september, I guess
It was sooooo cheep, sorry! ;-)
2017-8-15
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced