And another Firmware gaffe
1126 8 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr_Yogi
New
United States

Hi all - new to the forum.

Long story short - I accidentally updated my RC before my AC.  I've poured through the forums but none of the advice worked for me. I sent the following email to Donnie but will post here as well in case someone else can advise:

Product - Inspire 1 v2

RC FW version - 1.5.8

App version - 3.1.14

AC FW version - Unknown (can't figure out a way to find out)

Summary of what has transpired:

- I updated the RC FW to most recent version (1.7/1.8?)
- Realized my mistake when I couldn't get the AC out of travel mode
- Reverted RC FW to 1.5.8 in the app
- Tried to manually load the 1.04 bin file provided on separate thread
- Received the following message in the log file: Resulted: Aborted The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote control

- Also - not sure if this helps pinpoint the AC firmware, but I recall my RC being on version 1.4xxx before beginning the upgrade.

Thank you in advance for the help.
2017-8-14
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

The latest FW for the I1 is 01.11.01.50 (for the X3) and can be downloaded here. Remove all other files from the SD and make sure the RC is off when you upgrade the aircraft. When this is complete, update the RC using the app.Please let us know if this works or not.

Mark G.
2017-8-14
Use props
Mr_Yogi
New
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-14 04:44
The latest FW for the I1 is 01.11.01.50 (for the X3) and can be downloaded here. Remove all other files from the SD and make sure the RC is off when you upgrade the aircraft. When this is complete, update the RC using the app.Please let us know if this works or not.

Mark G.

Hi Mark - thanks for the response. My challenge is that I can't update the aircraft because it's stuck in travel mode (I assume because I updated the RC first). Based on everything I read on the forums, manually lowering the gear or propping up the aircraft on chairs to mount the camera/gimbal will not allow me to update the aircraft (because it will still be in travel mode). Is my understanding incorrect?

Yogi
2017-8-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

Mr_Yogi Posted at 2017-8-14 04:52
Hi Mark - thanks for the response. My challenge is that I can't update the aircraft because it's stuck in travel mode (I assume because I updated the RC first). Based on everything I read on the forums, manually lowering the gear or propping up the aircraft on chairs to mount the camera/gimbal will not allow me to update the aircraft (because it will still be in travel mode). Is my understanding incorrect?

Yogi

you can try downgrading the remote (tap and hold the graduation cap for 5 sec).

You also can lower the land gear by hand buy using a screw driver and turn the nut under the drone. it may be hidden under the gimbal mounting plate.
2017-8-14
Use props
Mr_Yogi
New
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-14 05:09
you can try downgrading the remote (tap and hold the graduation cap for 5 sec).

You also can lower the land gear by hand buy using a screw driver and turn the nut under the drone. it may be hidden under the gimbal mounting plate.

Hi Russ - I did downgrade the remote to 1.5.8 but still doesn't work (I haven't tried relinking the remote and aircraft though - there was mixed information about doing that). I think 1.5.8 is still more current than the FW version I have on the aircraft.

Regarding manually lowering the gear - my understanding is that the aircraft will still be in travel mode (blue light) and therefore will not accept the firmware update. Am I mistaken?
2017-8-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

Mr_Yogi Posted at 2017-8-14 05:29
Hi Russ - I did downgrade the remote to 1.5.8 but still doesn't work (I haven't tried relinking the remote and aircraft though - there was mixed information about doing that). I think 1.5.8 is still more current than the FW version I have on the aircraft.

Regarding manually lowering the gear - my understanding is that the aircraft will still be in travel mode (blue light) and therefore will not accept the firmware update. Am I mistaken?

When i did this to mind it work, i made the mistack of updating the remote 1st then the drone to, and this is what i did to fix it.  But i also have that stupid luck where things work for me but not others.
2017-8-14
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Mr_Yogi Posted at 2017-8-14 04:52

Yogi

Hi Yogi,

The only thing I can think of would be to prop it up and give it a try, I think the firmware for the controller that you could roll-back to would still be a later version than the firmware on the aircraft (I'm not 100% sure on that, I would have to check and get back to you.

Mark G.
2017-8-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

was reading your post and thought you might want to just do a factory reset on the remote. Then do a manual linking process to connect to the Inspire. Once you are connected and have the Green LED on the remote...
Rich
Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Manually relink the aircraft to the RC using the following:

* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD.
*Let go all fingers, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon

2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The above posts by other experienced users are all right about your issue.
You must control aircraft to exit travel mode firstly by RC, and RC firmware can only be downgraded to V1.5.8 and no more lower.
May I know when did you update the aircraft last time?
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules