Firmware Updates
1611 13 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
svencool
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

I haven't flown my inspire in about 8 months. Can someone point me to where I can download the updates? Also do I need to update the inspire first or the controllers? Thanks for any help..... The below picture has nothing to do with this issue. I go to edit and I can't even delete the picture....
20150213_200240_resized.jpg
2017-8-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

here is the download site: http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

yes aircraft 1st then controller.
2017-8-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-14 06:37
here is the download site: http://www.dji.com/inspire-1/info#downloads

yes aircraft 1st then controller.

Ok A/C updated do I update the controller with USB drive? My controller is blinking Red then Green? I put latest firmware on usb stick and then turned on cotroller but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? The A/C and Batteries updated just fine....
2017-8-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

svencool Posted at 2017-8-14 09:22
Ok A/C updated do I update the controller with USB drive? My controller is blinking Red then Green? I put latest firmware on usb stick and then turned on cotroller but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? The A/C and Batteries updated just fine....

you should be able to update the controller using the goapp
2017-8-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-14 11:36
you should be able to update the controller using the goapp

I called DJI tech and he had me delete the app and then reinstall the app and now I can't get it to connect!!! So now what? Not to mention I call tech support and the guy keeps hanging up on my call. Not sure what to do. I need to update the controller and I'm not sure how. I have 2 controllers but niether works.....
2017-8-14
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.2
United States

svencool Posted at 2017-8-14 12:19
I called DJI tech and he had me delete the app and then reinstall the app and now I can't get it to connect!!! So now what? Not to mention I call tech support and the guy keeps hanging up on my call. Not sure what to do. I need to update the controller and I'm not sure how. I have 2 controllers but niether works.....

to be honest mine always pop up say it time to update the controller.  I personally only do this when i am force to, i do not like to update things unless they need to be.  I was always told never update the FW unless you see a problem.

It should ask you in the go app to up date the FW, unless you have not update it in some time then you need the flash drive, with the correct FW.   If it not asking you then it likely up to date (i just update my works phantom a month ago and it only update the drone not the remote, i did have to relink them).
2017-8-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Russ_Sylvia_jr Posted at 2017-8-14 17:26
to be honest mine always pop up say it time to update the controller.  I personally only do this when i am force to, i do not like to update things unless they need to be.  I was always told never update the FW unless you see a problem.

It should ask you in the go app to up date the FW, unless you have not update it in some time then you need the flash drive, with the correct FW.   If it not asking you then it likely up to date (i just update my works phantom a month ago and it only update the drone not the remote, i did have to relink them).

This physically won't let me connect to the app to even turn on the inspire!!!!!
2017-8-14
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

looking at your screen shot, this is an older version of the Go App. You need the latest version installed. Then you need to log into the Go App with your DJI account while the device is connected to  the internet. Once this is done you will be able  to connect to the remote to update the FW (from version 1.6)  The App will install the new FW. If you are below version 1.6 you will need to install this using the flash drive on the USB port of the remote. Make sure your Inspire 1 is turned off during the FW updates on your remote!!

read through this post for more information

http://forum.dji.com/thread-108396-1-1.html  

Rich
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

svencool Posted at 2017-8-14 19:04
This physically won't let me connect to the app to even turn on the inspire!!!!!

Please install the latest APP to make sure the APP can recognize the RC firstly.
Then check the current RC firmware version in  APP interface---General Settings--About.
If the current firmware is below V1.3.0, please download V1.3.0 from website to SD card and then plug the card reader in USB port to update. Then update to the latest version in Aircraft Status--Overall Status.
If the current firmware is above V1.3.0, just update in Aircraft Status--Overall Status.
2017-8-14
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Not sure how that picture got in there but it has nothing to do with whats going on sorry about that!!! Sorry going to try downloading V1.3.0 and try that. Well I just tried this ver and I even went back 1 before this and no luck.
2017-8-15
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

Any Administrators or anyone else have any ideas?
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

svencool Posted at 2017-8-16 12:41
Any Administrators or anyone else have any ideas?

Can your RC connect to APP? Will the RC be recognized? What is the indicator when you power on? When did you update firmware last time?
2017-8-17
Use props
svencool
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 01:14
Can your RC connect to APP? Will the RC be recognized? What is the indicator when you power on? When did you update firmware last time?

When I turn on the controller and launch the Go app it just lets me login into my dji. account and it shows me a screen telling me how to connect the controller to the inspire but that's it. It won't connect. At first I was able to update the inspire and the batteries and would open the app but it was disconnect to the controller. The DJI tech guy told me to delete the app and to reinstall it. So I did but now I can't get to the camera view.  The last firmware that I had on it before the latest update was,
WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin

Hope you can help thanks, Mike
Any Ideas DJI Mindy?
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

svencool Posted at 2017-8-18 14:55
When I turn on the controller and launch the Go app it just lets me login into my dji. account and it shows me a screen telling me how to connect the controller to the inspire but that's it. It won't connect. At first I was able to update the inspire and the batteries and would open the app but it was disconnect to the controller. The DJI tech guy told me to delete the app and to reinstall it. So I did but now I can't get to the camera view.  The last firmware that I had on it before the latest update was,
WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin

The problem at the moment is that the RC cannot connect to DJI Go APP to finish RC firmware update, then the RC will fail to link to aircraft because if the aircraft has been updated to the latest version.
Since your previous firmware of aircraft is V01.04.00.10, if the RC can connect to aircraft before, then the firmware of RC must be higher than V1.3.0.00, so the RC must be updated by APP.
If the RC still cannot connect to APP after changing USB cable, mobile device, the RC will need to be sent in for repair.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules