Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crystalsky has too many bugs. FRUSTRATED OWNER
630 18 2017-8-14 06:17:16
PimpDawg
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 296499
United States

I've had my Crystalsky for about 1.5 weeks now and used it extensively on a trip over the weekend. I was previously using an iPhone 7+ which worked flawlessly but I wanted a brighter screen so I bought the 5.5" Crystalsky.

The GO 4 app crashes every time I fly using it. The app behaves strangely while using it - aside from crashes and disconnects, I can go into camera settings to try to select HDR but the only option it will show is Single Shot until I reboot the CS......  I also tried to use the Gallery app to delete some video files from the microSD card I inserted into one of it's two slots and I can select the video, press delete and get "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped." EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Rebooting didn't fix it, still does it. I had to break out my laptop to delete files from the sd card (frustrating when you're out in a remote location like I was). The app will sporadically record video. Sometimes it will just stop recording on it's own. I tried a different SD card, same result.

^^^keep in mind, I can fly using the same SD cards, same Mavic and controller, using my iPhone and I have none of these problems. What is the common denominator? Buggy Crystalsky.

I have restored factory settings, still loaded with bugs. WTF DJI? I am VERY unhappy with this product. Yes, it is on the latest firmware.

I know the GO app crashes a lot on Android but I chalked that up to there being so many different Android devices out there. But this is your custom made device with custom made Android platform!

This thing is not ready for use out in the field and I feel like I've been scammed out of nearly $500. The only thing it has going for it is the bright screen.....but that isn't enough to carry this device when it's usability is rubbish.
2017-8-14 06:17:16
Use props
jlm1951
Beginner
  • >>>
United States

Install the August 11th updates.
They solve a lot (not all) of what you mention.
Also, turn wifi off when flying. That seems to add to CPU load if you aren't connected to a wifi network.
2017-8-14 07:36:45
Use props
PimpDawg
Intern Pilot
United States

jlm1951 Posted at 2017-8-14 07:36
Install the August 11th updates.
They solve a lot (not all) of what you mention.
Also, turn wifi off when flying. That seems to add to CPU load if you aren't connected to a wifi network.

As I stated in my post, my CS is on the latest firmware (v02.02.08.01). Updated as soon as I took it out of the box. When I have it check for updates it says it's on the latest. If there is a newer one please advise.

WiFi is not on when I fly, never has been.

Thanks.
2017-8-14 07:58:25
Use props
jlm1951
Beginner
  • >>>
United States

ok

Hopefully, a moderator will see your post and come up with something.

FYI,
After the updates on my 5.5 and 7.85 most of the problems went away.
The biggest was DJI starting both apps at the same time.
Having two apps accessing the same ports and such at the same time is asking for trouble.
The only big problem I'm having is the app coming up "disconnected" even though the Mavic and Phantom controllers I have are both connected to the AC.
In fact, the aircraft both fly fine even though the app isn't showing anything. Takes much plugging/unplugging of cables and rebooting to get the app to show the AC is connected.
This happens on both size CSs.

2017-8-14 08:23:40
Use props
fans11489028
Hobbyist
  • >>>
Canada

not sure this will help, but a lot of my problems were solved when i connected 5.8ghz only and i shut off local cache recording. before i did this, the app would crash everytime i tried to take a picture
2017-8-14 14:32:58
Use props
PimpDawg
Intern Pilot
United States

fans11489028 Posted at 2017-8-14 14:32
not sure this will help, but a lot of my problems were solved when i connected 5.8ghz only and i shut off local cache recording. before i did this, the app would crash everytime i tried to take a picture

I'm not sure what you mean about 5.8ghz. I connect the Crystalsky to my Mavic and P4A controllers via cable, both of which operate solely on 2.4ghz from RC to aircraft.

Also, this would do nothing to solve the gallery app consistently crashing. It's just buggy software....

Pretty sad that you have to disable to local cache for the product to function properly.
2017-8-14 15:12:55
Use props
Fistworthy
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 237833
Australia

jlm1951 Posted at 2017-8-14 08:23
ok

That's also the only problem I've had with my 7.8", occasionally when I start it will stay 'disconnected' until I unplug and replug the cable. I'm using the Evo3D mount with my own type-C cable and I've found that they're not all created equal, some fit the CS input more tightly and it seems to happen less with those.

2017-8-14 21:41:17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

PimpDawg, we have been aware of this problem and will get it fixed in next firmware, which will be release very soon.
We are deeply sorry for the trouble that has been caused, please wait patiently.
2017-8-15 02:12:58
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Intern Pilot
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 02:12
PimpDawg, we have been aware of this problem and will get it fixed in next firmware, which will be release very soon.
We are deeply sorry for the trouble that has been caused, please wait patiently.

Thank you.
2017-8-15 07:15:18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

jlm1951 Posted at 2017-8-14 08:23
ok

jIm, sorry for the experience with our product, this issue will get fixed in next firmware release, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-15 19:42:56
Use props
NFC
Hobbyist
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-15 19:42
jIm, sorry for the experience with our product, this issue will get fixed in next firmware release, appreciate your patience.

Any estimated date to launch the new firmware release?
2017-8-16 13:32:15
Use props
QuadKid
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 38800
United States

NFC Posted at 2017-8-16 13:32

Anyone know where the CS FW is located, I have searched

DJI official website/Click "Support"/Click "Product Support"/Click "Professional"/Click"CrystalSky"/Click"Software Features" and all I get is a FAQ page??

If someone could provide a link it will be much appreciated.
2017-8-16 15:55:00
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-16 15:55
Anyone know where the CS FW is located, I have searched

DJI official website/Click "Support"/Click "Product Support"/Click "Professional"/Click"CrystalSky"/Click"Software Features" and all I get is a FAQ page??

http://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads
Here is the link of CrystalSky firmware release note.
2017-8-17 02:28:36
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

NFC Posted at 2017-8-16 13:32

The new firmware will be released recently, please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-8-17 03:47:47
Use props
Matman
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 102502
United States

I hope the new version fixes the problem where trying to move files to a USB thumb drive using the explorer just fails and deletes your files.

Everything I shot this weekend is now deleted from the SD cards,
2017-9-5 15:47:55
Use props
fansf78a6b80
Beginner
United States

My CS 5.5 never worked right straight out of the box. Refreshed numerous times, blah, blah, blah, still had the same issues. Sent it in for repair early August and I keep being told to be patient. Today is now September 12 and still nothing. DJI makes good products, but unfortunately their after sales support leaves little to be desired. With this type of support, I can see the competition easily catching them and surpassing them in innovation and happy customers.
2017-9-12 17:56:52
Use props
Mountaindrone
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 1341744
  • >>>
France

my 5.5 works perfectly from the august 11th update
2017-9-13 00:47:46
Use props
DJI-Mark
Canada

fansf78a6b80 Posted at 2017-9-12 17:56
My CS 5.5 never worked right straight out of the box. Refreshed numerous times, blah, blah, blah, still had the same issues. Sent it in for repair early August and I keep being told to be patient. Today is now September 12 and still nothing. DJI makes good products, but unfortunately their after sales support leaves little to be desired. With this type of support, I can see the competition easily catching them and surpassing them in innovation and happy customers.

Firmware updates usually will resolve many of the problems you are having. What are you experiencing at this time?
2017-9-13 08:21:24
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Canada

fansf78a6b80 Posted at 2017-9-12 17:56

"... I can see the competition easily catching them and surpassing them in innovation and happy customers ..."

Oh, that's great news, thank you!!! Who??? Where??? Links??? Tell us, pleeeeez!!!!!
2017-9-13 15:20:04
Use props
Advanced
Bold Text Color Picture Add Link Emoticon
Verif code Change one

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next