Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Start - New Advanced Flight Check & Planning App!
1675 17 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NeilFau
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282799 ft
United Kingdom

promo_3.jpg

Hey guys,

Im pleased to announce my new app is now available to download on iOS!
Drone Start is an advanced flight check & planning tool that has some advanced features no other apps on the market currently have, that will help make your next flight safer. Some of these include:

Intelligent RTH
The app will automatically set your drones RTH height based on surrounding terrain.

Wind Maps
Fully animated wind maps, showing wind direction and speed. The colour of the wind arrows show if its safe to fly or not.

Intelligent VPS
If theres a lot of water in your flying area the app will automatically switch off your VPS or if theres no water and your VPS is off it will turn it on.

Solar Storm Alerts
Get a warning notification if theres high amounts of geo-magnetic interference caused by solar flares, a high KP index can cause a number of GPS issues when flying.

Daily FlyCast
Get a detailed outlook of flying conditions for the day ahead delivered to your iPhone/iPad every morning.

All these features are optional and can be turned off at any time. There is loads more features packed into this app so if you would like more info check out dronestart.io

2017-8-14
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

just downloaded it
2017-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

No love for Android users?
2017-8-14
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks! Hope you like it.
2017-8-14
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-14 07:17
No love for Android users?

Not to begin with, I'm just a solo developer so I only could write one app at a time but if it does well on iOS I will make an android version!
2017-8-14
Use props
Thor1
First Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

NeilFau Posted at 2017-8-14 07:50
Thanks! Hope you like it.

me too!

i have a couple of questions though.

-after i connect to the drone the first time, will i have to keep the app open while flying to still get the RTH features and all that?
-do i use your app to fly or do i still use dji go 4?
-have you personally tested the RTH Altitude variation feature?...is it accurate?...does it adjust altitude while it is returning to home or before takeoff for a certain radius?

I apologize if my questions are confusing, feel free to ask me what the hell im talking about!
2017-8-14
Use props
lucsvette
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

in app purchase .. really?
2017-8-14
Use props
Zviratko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1401 ft
Czechia

IAPs are fair game, the app is nice on first look and I usually buy even stuff I don't use to support developers. However if you want me to pay anything I'd like to see at least something first Most of the interesting functionality is paywalled...

My suggestions
1) Make all functionality free (for now), but alert the user that the functionality they are using is going to be paid after the app leaves "beta"
2) Give everyone a 7 day trial

Btw your no-fly-zone is outdated, look for LKR9 in Prague...
2017-8-14
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-14 08:04
me too!

i have a couple of questions though.

Hi Thor,

The app changes the RTH when you do the flight check before you fly based on the surrounding terrain. Once the check is complete you can review all the data then open DJI Go and fly your drone. The Intelligent RTH can take into account things like buildings & tall structures so you may still need to adjust the RTH your self to compensate for these factors. This app is for only checking before you fly and does not remain open when flying, so you still use Litchi or DJI Go for that.

Thanks,

Neil
2017-8-15
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lucsvette Posted at 2017-8-14 09:20
in app purchase .. really?

Hi lucsvette,

Yes really! Im a solo developer who has server costs, data costs and not too mention 500+ hours of development time put into this app! Theres no app on the market that has some of these features, and I believe they're worth the money. The app comes with a 7 day free trial so you can try them out for yourself.

Thanks,

Neil
2017-8-15
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Zviratko Posted at 2017-8-14 21:50
IAPs are fair game, the app is nice on first look and I usually buy even stuff I don't use to support developers. However if you want me to pay anything I'd like to see at least something first  Most of the interesting functionality is paywalled...

My suggestions

Hi Zviratko,

Thanks for your feedback. The app does come with a free 7 day trial so you can try out all the features without a problem. The no fly zones are being updated hopefully this week, been working on big improvements.

Thanks,

Neil
2017-8-15
Use props
lucsvette
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

NeilFau Posted at 2017-8-15 00:08
Hi lucsvette,

Yes really! Im a solo developer who has server costs, data costs and not too mention 500+ hours of development time put into this app! Theres no app on the market that has some of these features, and I believe they're worth the money. The app comes with a 7 day free trial so you can try them out for yourself.

Hey Neil, didn't mean to insult you and to down play the effort/many hours put into this.  At first glance, I see you have put a lot of good work into it.  I'll definitely give it a try.
2017-8-15
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

lucsvette Posted at 2017-8-15 03:59
Hey Neil, didn't mean to insult you and to down play the effort/many hours put into this.  At first glance, I see you have put a lot of good work into it.  I'll definitely give it a try.

No problem, no offence caused! Thanks for trying
2017-8-15
Use props
TheGman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 783885 ft
United States

How do we cancel the free trial?
2017-8-15
Use props
Natesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

This app is super slick. I was wondering if it was possible to change the windspeed reading to MPH?

Look forward to using your app.
2017-8-15
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Natesac Posted at 2017-8-15 20:52
This app is super slick. I was wondering if it was possible to change the windspeed reading to MPH?

Look forward to using your app.

Hi Natesac,

Thank you! Currently you can only view windspeed in meters per second or feet per second, but it's definitely something I can look at adding.

Thanks,

Neil
2017-8-15
Use props
NeilFau
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TheGman Posted at 2017-8-15 11:25
How do we cancel the free trial?

Hi TheGman,

You can cancel by tapping on 'Membership' inside the app, scroll down to the membership tier you have the trial with then tap 'Manage'. You can then cancel it from there. Alternatively you can go to Settings on your iOS device, tap iTunes & App Store, tap you AppleID & Scroll down and tap on Subscriptions.

Thanks,

Neil
2017-8-15
Use props
Natesac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252526 ft
United States

NeilFau Posted at 2017-8-15 23:38
Hi Natesac,

Thank you! Currently you can only view windspeed in meters per second or feet per second, but it's definitely something I can look at adding.

THANK YOU NEIL!!

Just checking out the latest update. I really love this app. I need to check out the trial of the advanced features. Hopefully I can make use of them so I have a need to upgrade. This app is really great. App store review incoming!
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules