Spark on a bouncy backpack?
1079 8 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

I do “outside” sports, like running and cycling (mountain bike and road bike).

Can I take spark with me on the backpack (inside its original case) while doing those sports? Mainly Running and MTB?

Asking cause the spark will bounce a lot on the backpack. And I am afraid of damaging the gimbal.

Dos anyone take yours on these conditions?

Am I being overworried?

Adriano.

2017-8-14
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

I take mine hiking - not quite the same. I use one of these to protect the gimbal. There are lots of this kind of thing available. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 1?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-8-14
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i take mine on a motorcycle doing 400 mile a day when i have it and iuse this case http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portab ... :g:h4UAAOSw-29ZW2cl in a backpack and have had no problems at all
2017-8-14
Use props
PetrP314
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095853 ft
Czechia

I do mountain biking (enduro style, very bouncy terrain ) and had Spark few times in original case in a backpack. So far no issues at all. It was built portable, so take it EVERYWHERE all the time!
2017-8-14
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

good to know .. It can take some abuse
2017-8-14
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Brazil

PetrP314 Posted at 2017-8-14 10:04
I do mountain biking (enduro style, very bouncy terrain ) and had Spark few times in original case in a backpack. So far no issues at all. It was built portable, so take it EVERYWHERE all the time!

Any gimbal protection, or just plain original packaging?
2017-8-14
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Say you have it on your back, and are running, the backpack is up/down/up/down, so the drone is shaken about a lot, I wonder if that would upset any of the sensors or electronics such that they need calibrating?  I know you only calibrate compass when it asks, but what would shaking the drone rigorously do?
2017-8-14
Use props
Adriano Araujo
lvl.4
Brazil

HomePoint Posted at 2017-8-14 12:24
Say you have it on your back, and are running, the backpack is up/down/up/down, so the drone is shaken about a lot, I wonder if that would upset any of the sensors or electronics such that they need calibrating?  I know you only calibrate compass when it asks, but what would shaking the drone rigorously do?

II would not worry about solid state stuff.

What I don´t know is which sensors are solid state and witch aren´t?

Compass. Almost sure solid state. GPS also.

Barometer, accelerometer, gyro?!?! Hmmmm…

2017-8-14
Use props
PetrP314
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095853 ft
Czechia

Just an original case in a backpack...
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules