Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Android phone discarges RC battery
772 8 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_BydVd6B
New
Italy

Hi!
No way to prevent Android smartphone from draining and discharging battery of the Radio Controller?
DJI should do something to solve this very annoying issue.
2017-8-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

+1 to that!
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Some users suggest us allowing the charging function because they are worried about the low power of the mobile device.
It has pros and cons. We will also forward this to our engineers.  
2017-8-14
Use props
Shane6
New
Australia

I've had my Mavic for about a week and was having this same problem on my S8, so I contacted support via chat for help. After a couple of hours trying various suggestions from the support person, she finally said I should return the unit for a replacement. After reading this I see that replacing the unit will not fix the problem. I used an iPad from the vendor I bought it from and and it did not charge the iPad. I am correct in saying Android devices will draw power from the RC and Apple devices will not?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Shane6 Posted at 2017-9-15 22:07
I've had my Mavic for about a week and was having this same problem on my S8, so I contacted support via chat for help. After a couple of hours trying various suggestions from the support person, she finally said I should return the unit for a replacement. After reading this I see that replacing the unit will not fix the problem. I used an iPad from the vendor I bought it from and and it did not charge the iPad. I am correct in saying Android devices will draw power from the RC and Apple devices will not?

Yes, for Android device, it would be charged when it is connecting to the RC, but an iOS device will not. If this is your case, you don't need to send it in.
2017-9-16
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

There are a few topics on this forum about this "problem"...  a way to solve it is to connect device to bottom USB port and connect a powerbank to the side USB-port of the RC... Some employee of DJI said not to do this because it would damage the RC but I know few people do use a powerbank to charge RC during flight.
2017-9-16
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Touch the Notification Tray and you can change it to Data Transfer mode and it won't do that.
2017-9-16
Use props
Captain Kremmen
New
Australia

Thanks rolling56. I have tried that, but it keeps reverting back to charge phone.
2017-9-16
Use props
marknewton
New
Flight distance : 185919 ft
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-9-16 10:59
There are a few topics on this forum about this "problem"...  a way to solve it is to connect device to bottom USB port and connect a powerbank to the side USB-port of the RC... Some employee of DJI said not to do this because it would damage the RC but I know few people do use a powerbank to charge RC during flight.

I'm one of those few people and have not had a problem yet.
controller stays at 100% and tablet maintains + 80% easily for more than an hour.
This is new hearing that (someone) from dji says not, but does not surprise me.
If I have a problem it will be on me but I feel good knowing I don't have to worry about controller or interface battery power when i'm flying.  
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules