DJI repaired spark, but didn't touch my defective battery
802 6 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HarpMudd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16004 ft
United States

So I sent in my Spark and battery for repair after my crash (fell from the sky...smashing to pieces). Drone was repaired, but they didn't even evaluate or touch the battery and sent it back to me as is. The battery appears to be defective.  It won't charge and just the 1st and 4th led light up for 2 seconds after I press the button.  Even if I somehow reset and got the battery working, I wouldn't feel confident even using it as this point.  It should've been replaced.  Anyone experience anything similar?
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the unfortunate experience, is that possible to provide us a short video and firmware info for better assistance?
Besides, please leave me with the case number, I will help to look into the process, thanks.
2017-8-14
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Can I conclude that by doing so, DJI is telling us that the falling has nothing to do with battery --> that is why they do not even bother taking a look at your battery, and just sent back the old one.
My gut tells me that the falling Spark issue lies in Spark hardware itself. I know another case that Spark got repaired and sent back with new s/n for the body, but the battery is untouched as well.
2017-8-14
Use props
HarpMudd
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-14 18:31
We are sorry for the unfortunate experience, is that possible to provide us a short video and firmware info for better assistance?
Besides, please leave me with the case number, I will help to look into the process, thanks.

Thanks DJI Mindy. The case number is CAS-826779-C3H0D6.
  Click here for the video displaying the problem. Thanks!
2017-8-15
Use props
HarpMudd
lvl.1
United States

HarpMudd Posted at 2017-8-15 03:40
Thanks DJI Mindy. The case number is CAS-826779-C3H0D6.
  Click here for the video displaying the problem. Thanks!

Also, I updated firmware of the drone with the defective battery and no change in behavior (Version .0500).  It looks like it's holding a charge, but I don't trust it as this was the one I was using when my drone crashed and it's not behaving like a normal battery.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HarpMudd Posted at 2017-8-15 06:00
Also, I updated firmware of the drone with the defective battery and no change in behavior (Version .0500).  It looks like it's holding a charge, but I don't trust it as this was the one I was using when my drone crashed and it's not behaving like a normal battery.

Sorry for the trouble that has been caused, your concern has been escalated to designated department to look into, we will have someone to contact after review, please wait patiently. Thanks.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HarpMudd Posted at 2017-8-15 06:00

Besides, can the aircraft be powered on with this battery? Can you please provide us the screenshot of Battery Settings? We would appreciate if your could provide to us for investigation.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules