DJI Care refresh
1081 10 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
almega1962
lvl.1
United States

Hi, I've ordered a spark and it should be delivered this week.  I'm new to drones in general and I'm wanting to know if the care refresh would be a good choice to buy?
Thanks
2017-8-14
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think so.  I know that there's a lot of discussion about DJI's response to some circumstances (drops, fly-aways), but the care package does cover a lot of possible miss-haps.  Unless you are an expert pilot and you have complete confidence in the craft, you should buy it.
2017-8-14
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Was pretty much a no brainer for me. I'm a new pilot hoping to use the spark as a tight quarter aerial camera for communication site surveys. Any time I can avoid putting up a ladder or climbing when I could use the spark will be cause for gratitude. So far so good.....I've been doing quite a bit of flying while monitoring the compass and watching how different scenarios or proximity to different things affects the drone, you can find rebar in concrete with the compass monitor.

Have come close to schmucking the thing into a few things....don't plan on killing the spark but do plan on "using" it.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I would recommend you purchase it.
2017-8-14
Use props
Ken-Rick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18898 ft
Netherlands

Please do so! You do not regret it! Have mine in the first week by accident crash!ed in the water. Have received a new spark. All the way it's your first drone!  Thank me later
2017-8-15
Use props
almega1962
lvl.1
United States

Thanks everyone for the replies.
2017-8-15
Use props
almega1962
lvl.1
United States

One more question, when I register my spark can I buy the insurance at that time or do I buy it separately before I register??
2017-8-15
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

if you are not rich, i 100% recommend buying the refresh!
2017-8-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

almega1962@sbcg Posted at 2017-8-15 07:25
One more question, when I register my spark can I buy the insurance at that time or do I buy it separately before I register??

After registration, you have 48 h time, to buy it.
Thats the easy way.
There is a option, to buy after this 48h, but I do not know much about that.
2017-8-15
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

Yes, 48 hours after activation.

Otherwise the risk is probably high that people would purchase the cover "after" an incident occurred ...
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please purchase the DJI Care Refresh within 48 hours after activation, or you will need to take video to verify your drone is in good condition and then send it to djicare@dji.com.
Here is the details of the video: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules