Again about 50m max distance.... and other.
2076 27 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Laurus48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1809469 ft
Italy

Hello!
I updated everything just two days ago... I understand the limit... but I have two question:
1) Why if I switch off only the P3, i.e. for replacing battery, on switching it on for a new flight the 50m limit is active?
    I found I need to close & restart the App on iPad. Restarting the controller doesn't have any success.
    Is it the only way to make it working?
2) Why, in the my Flight List, all the new ones have "Map Loading" label?
    The old ones, before updates, have right locations.

Working on P3A and iPad, FWs & App updated, App uninstalled & installed again, always logged with my DJI account.
Thanks!
Lucio
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

That is because if you change the battery without relaunching the app, the login info had not written to the drone again, so it will be limited. Please relaunch the app if you change another battery.
For the Map Loading, make sure that you are flying the drone in a place with strong GPS signal and have internet to load the location name when you review the flight records.
2017-8-15
Use props
collieair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8148205 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 03:25
That is because if you change the battery without relaunching the app, the login info had not written to the drone again, so it will be limited. Please relaunch the app if you change another battery.
For the Map Loading, make sure that you are flying the drone in a place with strong GPS signal and have internet to load the location name when you review the flight records.

Please can we know when the update to 3.1.4 will be released to fix this ?, a lot of our survey jobs use multiple batteries and the app should automatically login in when a battery is  changed ?

As a number of mapping application require the DJIGO app to be shut when mapping - this is a major issue.

Can the controller not hold a valid "session" and just resend to the aircraft when a battery is changed ?

The app already knows when it has lost contact with the aircraft and when contact is re-established.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

collieair Posted at 2017-8-15 04:33
Please can we know when the update to 3.1.4 will be released to fix this ?, a lot of our survey jobs use multiple batteries and the app should automatically login in when a battery is  changed ?

As a number of mapping application require the DJIGO app to be shut when mapping - this is a major issue.

Our engineers are working on it and it will be fixed in the coming update of the app. Appreciate your patience.  
2017-8-16
Use props
osbsurvey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1452257 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-16 23:35
Our engineers are working on it and it will be fixed in the coming update of the app. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the update. Do you have a time-frame for the 'fix'? We also use several batteries for each mapping survey. Just gets a bit frustrating trying to go from the mapping app to DJI app all the time.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

osbsurvey Posted at 2017-8-17 22:02
Thanks for the update. Do you have a time-frame for the 'fix'? We also use several batteries for each mapping survey. Just gets a bit frustrating trying to go from the mapping app to DJI app all the time.

It is on the way, you will get the notice once it releases. Appreciate your patience.
2017-8-18
Use props
Laurus48
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 03:25

Ok for the first issue. Hope in next release.
Second one: I have several flight from my usual location, very good GPS signal and excellent 4G mobile connection, but location is always missing. Even when loading flight list from another iOS device, everything is correct but location.

It seems that App doesn't identify location from GPS data.
2017-8-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Laurus48 Posted at 2017-8-21 05:56
Second one: I have several flight from my usual location, very good GPS signal and excellent 4G mobile connection, but location is always missing. Even when loading flight list from another iOS device, everything is correct but location.
[view_image]

Could you please sync your flight record and provide us with your DJI account? And please name your app version and mobile device model. I'll help to check more about this. Thank you very much.
2017-8-22
Use props
collieair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8148205 ft
United Kingdom

HI,

I have exactly the same issue - all flight records say map loading and 0 photos and 0 time on video - but you can see all info on the display if you select and go into the flight record.

Removed and re-synced on multiple ios devices - all with latest app - always the same result.

App not showing location, photo no. and video time

Thanks
2017-8-23
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

I'm hoping the next update will address ALL issues - several people have seen horizon tilts, weird "slow levelling out" of the gimbal and more...
Mike
2017-8-23
Use props
Mike65
lvl.1

Denmark

PS: how can it be a "solution" to log into my DJI account, when I'm in the middle of nowhere - with my wifi-only iPad?
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Mike65 Posted at 2017-8-23 11:14
PS: how can it be a "solution" to log into my DJI account, when I'm in the middle of nowhere - with my wifi-only iPad?

I don't know your setup, or what devices that are at your disposal, though You could use your cellphone as a wifi hotspot if applicable.

Quite obviously, a dedicated device for your flight kit, would benefit from having a GPS module built in.
That was a contributing factor, to my buying an iPad Air2 64gb Cellular. There are several great advantages to having that built in factor.  Even without cellular activation. Like Follw Me and your ability of changing your dynamic home point. Sometimes it's nice to have the means to move around , getting away from the original take off position. With an activated cellular network, you can stream live video flights onto  your FaceBook account, or YouTube channel.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-23
Use props
FISHERIES
New
United States

I just received the height and distance error today.  I work in location without internet or WiFi connection.   I'm using the DJI Go app.  There have not been any problems flying to 400 feet high or to several thousand feet away in this location until just recently.  The Firmware was updated a couple of weeks ago and this is the first time this has been an issue (I'm having many other issues including motor overload, gimbal overload, etc warnings).  What can I do to fix this problem?
2017-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

FISHERIES Posted at 2017-8-23 15:59
I just received the height and distance error today.  I work in location without internet or WiFi connection.   I'm using the DJI Go app.  There have not been any problems flying to 400 feet high or to several thousand feet away in this location until just recently.  The Firmware was updated a couple of weeks ago and this is the first time this has been an issue (I'm having many other issues including motor overload, gimbal overload, etc warnings).  What can I do to fix this problem?

Have you tried to delete and reload the latest app?

Once you delete it, clear your onboard cookies and cached files..

Then reboot the device and reload the app.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-23
Use props
Laurus48
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-22 01:49
Could you please sync your flight record and provide us with your DJI account? And please name your app version and mobile device model. I'll help to check more about this. Thank you very much.

My main device, used with controller, is iPad mini 2 with GPS & LTE connection, last App version, DJI GO for Phantom 3 rel. 3.1.15
Secondary iOS device, iPhone 7 with the same App. The image comes from it
I also have a Samsung Tab S, with DJI GO rel. 3.1.10 has same issues.
All synced several times without succes.

How can I send you a flight record & my DJI account?
2017-8-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Laurus48 Posted at 2017-8-28 21:59
My main device, used with controller, is iPad mini 2 with GPS & LTE connection, last App version, DJI GO for Phantom 3 rel. 3.1.15
Secondary iOS device, iPhone 7 with the same App. The image comes from it
I also have a Samsung Tab S, with DJI GO rel. 3.1.10 has same issues.

You can sync the records by this route: launch DJI GO app----upper right icon for DJI GO 4 / upper left icon for DJI GO ---- flight record----upper right cloud icon---- select all and start synchronization.
Then you can PM me your DJI account, it's an email address. Please kindly remember to reply me if you finish. Thank you.
2017-8-31
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

[view_image]

Same for me  only GPS coordinates on map ....but location in the list of FLIGHT DATA (ALL)
2017-9-1
Use props
GeeDee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 366257 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

[view_image]

Same for me only GPS location on map but .....location is listed correctly on list of flights FLIHGT DATA (ALL)... I checked back this has always been the case since my first flight on P3P in May 2015.
2017-9-1
Use props
Laurus48
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-31 22:36
You can sync the records by this route: launch DJI GO app----upper right icon for DJI GO 4 / upper left icon for DJI GO ---- flight record----upper right cloud icon---- select all and start synchronization.
Then you can PM me your DJI account, it's an email address. Please kindly remember to reply me if you finish. Thank you.

I tried several times to sync all records, even after unistall App & deleting everthing in the cache, I made a fresh installation with login in my account, I resynced "All". Nothing changes. Records are correct until before FW & App updates on August 13.
On iOS the flights after updates are marked "MapLoading" but map is localised right, on Android they are "NoGPS" and no map is displayed, maybe due to different map sources. GPS lat &  long are correct.

As I cannot find a way to send you a PM (can you explain how?) here there is my account
luctel [at] gmail.com

2017-9-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Laurus48 Posted at 2017-9-1 21:45
I tried several times to sync all records, even after unistall App & deleting everthing in the cache, I made a fresh installation with login in my account, I resynced "All". Nothing changes. Records are correct until before FW & App updates on August 13.
On iOS the flights after updates are marked "MapLoading" but map is localised right, on Android they are "NoGPS" and no map is displayed, maybe due to different map sources. GPS lat &  long are correct.

Thanks for your feedback. I had forwarded this case to our engineers, will get back to you once I got the news. Thanks for your assistance. For sending a PM to others, you can click "Personal Message" under the user's avatar.
2017-9-4
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Running 3.1.15 - I have Problem-2 that Laurus48 mentioned - Same her - used to work without fault but since the recent updates any images or videos are not accounted for, records fine to the sd card - just since Go updates the last 2-3 versions... see screen shots - earlier and now... (all the data maps and image info load fine from the synced info from the Go app via Airdata-UAV aka healthydrones.com)

Earlier

Earlier

Now

Now
2017-9-4
Use props
Raimo247
New
Flight distance : 1447205 ft
Finland

Will you be solving the software problem soon?

Today:
Site 1, power on, logout, login, all well, one battery, end.
15mins later 15km away site 2, new battery.
Power on, takeoff, 30m limit - WTF?, land, logout, log in, takeoff, no limit, camera shaking !!!, land, power off, power on, takeoff, 30m limit!!!, land, logout, log in, takeoff, job done, land.

I would not say this is a working tool for work. I use four batteries.

iOS DJI GO latest, i5 SE. Flown for 2 years before. FIX THE GO APP!!!

Meanwhile I would not recommend anyone to buy DJI drones. Unable to use it for work for a month now. Don't have the trust to fly this over a city either, have to cancel money-worth photographing deal done monthly. I am losing money now.
2017-9-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi all, it is from our engineers that "Map Loading" is because Apple's geocoder does not answer every request in the same way. Instead, the first requests from a certain device are answered quickly, but if the device has sent say 100 requests or more, the answers arrive slower and slower or requests are not answered at all, which might cause MapLoading for a couple of days.
DJI GO starts to request those MapLoading record when launching or clicking into the record so that some records show place name after a few days.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike65 Posted at 2017-8-23 11:14

When you log in your account, it will not exist unless the user does so, and it won't ask you to log in again when there is no internet access. So you can log in your account previously.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Raimo247 Posted at 2017-9-5 04:17
Will you be solving the software problem soon?

Today:

This issue should have fixed with the latest firmware, please update and check again. If the issue persists, you can hover the drone in the limited place and relaunch the app, you don't have to fly it back and restart again.
2017-9-15
Use props
Chrisbypass
New
Flight distance : 1361952 ft
France

Hi, I'm travelling for documentaries, I'm sometimes in places without any internet connection. Last shooting, in Montenegro and Albania, we had the last day of shooting restrictions about 30m and 50m. We were not in restricted areas and we had the civil aviation approbation for the two countries. Why did it happend ?
I'm planning to go next weeks in african countries (without electricity and internet) and I'm wondering if I'll be able to use my phantom more thant the 30m and 50m restriction.
2017-9-15
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-15 00:04
Hi all, it is from our engineers that "Map Loading" is because Apple's geocoder does not answer every request in the same way. Instead, the first requests from a certain device are answered quickly, but if the device has sent say 100 requests or more, the answers arrive slower and slower or requests are not answered at all, which might cause MapLoading for a couple of days.
DJI GO starts to request those MapLoading record when launching or clicking into the record so that some records show place name after a few days.

Hi Thor

In that case would you please ask developers not to use any "Apple geocoder" on the cripled android running on the GL300E. Mine has done the same for some weeks after it got a update with app. 4.1.4. just keeping to show Map loading in the flightlogs even the maps are downloaded for offline use on the device.

To mee it seem that an old error has been pulled out of the drawers at dev's.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77049&page=1#pid932455

I have solved it inclusive a lot of other issues by going back in FW on both RC and AC!

2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-16 01:05
Hi Thor

In that case would you please ask developers not to use any "Apple geocoder" on the cripled android running on the GL300E. Mine has done the same for some weeks after it got a update with app. 4.1.4. just keeping to show Map loading in the flightlogs even the maps are downloaded for offline use on the device.

Map loading will also appear when there is a weak GPS signal on takeoff point, and because of it, the server can not load the name even when offline map worked.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules