1224 11 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

Hi,

this behaviour happend twice now. First time i thought it's random. But I realized, since I set up the pool, the drone chooses the pool as a landing spot almost every time i press RTH. When I cover the pool it does not happen. Does it prefer circular shapes or what?
I got a helipad now and started from it, I pressed RTH from 500m height, the drone came home and started descending. I realized that it would have landed in the pool instead of the helipad if i hadnt took over control. Very weird. Check the video:

2017-8-15
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

500 Meter height?? That's pretty high, and (I think) higher than the Spark will go. Are you sure about this?

Also it would be helpful to get a few more details. How did you take off? Did you rise vertically to 7M (as per the instructions) so as to enable precision landing? When you were landing did it say it was using precision landing on the phone?
2017-8-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-15 01:50
500 Meter height?? That's pretty high, and (I think) higher than the Spark will go. Are you sure about this?

Also it would be helpful to get a few more details. How did you take off? Did you rise vertically to 7M (as per the instructions) so as to enable precision landing? When you were landing did it say it was using precision landing on the phone?

Yeah need more info, but yes spark will fly 500 metres height.
2017-8-15
Use props
Zirconn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242920 ft
Romania

We don't know how you took off but, per manual, you have to take off vertically and hover over 7m a few seconds and not change your homepoint for the flight in order to be able to use precision landing.
The distance between the pad and pool is within the GPS error margin so I suppose you didn't do some of the above and got a normal landing.
2017-8-15
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

Yeah I was on 500m height. I am not sure about the precision landing, I have to dig out the logs I suppose. I was not hovering on 7m. I thought when it says homepoint recorded it does take notice of the environment. Thanks for the hint, will add the logs.
2017-8-15
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

Here is the flight log.
flightlog.PNG
2017-8-15
Use props
StarFishUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54970 ft
United Kingdom

The logs are interesting - I bet those moments of "Data Loss" were exciting!

I think it's the 7M problem. If you hover for a few seconds at 7M (or so) it takes and stores a photo of the launch point which it can use for precision landing. If it is using precision landing it will say so on screen (and presumably in the logs). GPS alone is pretty good, but not perfect.
2017-8-15
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

StarFishUK Posted at 2017-8-15 04:32
The logs are interesting - I bet those moments of "Data Loss" were exciting!

I think it's the 7M problem. If you hover for a few seconds at 7M (or so) it takes and stores a photo of the launch point which it can use for precision landing. If it is using precision landing it will say so on screen (and presumably in the logs). GPS alone is pretty good, but not perfect.

yeah, they gave me some sweat on my forehead
Will try that 7m thing later this day.
2017-8-15
Use props
crypiehef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47707 ft
United States

Or how about not taking off next to a pool that is bright blue and looks like a nice bright landing pad?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to change to another open location and make sure the GPS signal is good enough to test.
2017-8-16
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Germany

I tried again yesterday and hovered on 10m for some seconds and the RTH worked as designed. For my Spark's sake, I won't take off near that pool anymore
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Koppo Posted at 2017-8-16 01:54
I tried again yesterday and hovered on 10m for some seconds and the RTH worked as designed. For my Spark's sake, I won't take off near that pool anymore

Thanks for your positive feedback. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules