Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
10 Reasons NOT To Buy A Drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

10.  Sleep.  You will no longer sleep in on weekends because you'll find you cannot afford to miss that perfect sunrise from the air in 4K

9.  Money.  You will no longer spend your money on your wife / kids / girlfriend, and instead you'll spend your money on drones and drone stuff.

8.  Friends.  You'll distance yourself from your old friends, and you'll suddenly find yourself hanging around new friends, none of whom you knew before, and all of whom have drones.

7.  Weather.  You'll begin to have an obsessive interest in the weather, and you'll one day realize you have an unhealthy number of weather apps installed on your favorite device.  In addition, you'll be constantly checking on wind direction and wind speed at various elevations, and you'll find yourself bringing changing wind velocity into normal everyday conversation which most people will regard with a raised eyebrow.

6.  Travel.  You'll spend an extraordinarly amount of time going to places you normally would never bother to visit.  

5.  Worry.  While you used to worry about work, finances, vehicle maintenance, health, retirement, taxes, etc., instead you'll find yourself worrying about your drone.  Is that prop tight?  Did you travel far enough to do a compass calibration?  Maybe it's an IMU problem... that sure looks like a hairline crack... please tell me I didn't forget the SD card...

4.  Cardiac Issues.  During some flights, you'll find your heart slamming into the inside of your rib cage with a force which you will find quite alarming.  

3.  Batteries.  You'll possess more batteries than any one human being was ever meant to own.  And you'll be in a constant fret about storage, maintenance, temperature, and overall health of each and every battery.  In the winter, you'll be tempted to buy even more batteries for the sole purpose of keeping other batteries warm and comfortable.  

2.  Equipment.  A failure is imminent.  It may not actually be imminent, but you won't know for sure whether it is or isn't.  If it is, you'll find out soon enough.  If it isn't, it will be soon.  

1.  Your world will change forever.  "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return."  -Leonardo Da Vinci
2017-8-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I sleep with a fully charged DJI intelligent flight pack taped tightly to my chest above my full heart. ;-)

But I digress...

http://rivaldrones.com/20-reasons-you-should-buy-a-drone-in-2016/

RedHotPoker

2017-8-15
Use props
Kuya Kano
First Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

10.  Sleep  -I dream my flight patterns which is better than dreaming of naked fat people chasing me.
2017-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Mark,

Leonardo DaVinci, hey is he the guy who made that free color correction video editor we all use?  Name sounds familiar.  

Great set of reasons!  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-17
Use props
embayweather
Captain
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Well done. I can surely relate to them all.
2017-8-18
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

Thanks for posting this. We all need a good laugh from time to time.
2017-8-18
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I liked #4 the best lol
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for sharing! Only experienced pilots can summarize these precisely. Enjoy it!
2017-8-19
Use props
driverseat
Captain
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

You might be right
2017-8-27
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Still to get their , but should have a drone within the  next week or so , Choices , choices but i think P3 STd will do , not so much to smash up or fly away.
2017-8-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'd go with a P3A or P3P over a P3S.  The technology on a P3S is too old for a new drone purchase IMO (P3S lacks GLONASS, lacks lightbridge, has only one third the range, etc.).  
2017-8-28
Use props
dayviduk
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Ah didnt know that , i thought the drones before P3 were not as good , and P3S was the start of Lightbridge ect
Thanks for your input Mark.
2017-8-29
Use props
imagine it
lvl.4
United States

No it could never happen to me. Well maybe just a little. Ok so maybe I'm in denial and most of what you say applies but to withdraw now would be hell.
2017-8-29
Use props
driverseat
Captain
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I'm a starter but already I can say, your 10 reasons are fully true.  
2017-9-24
Use props
AlanHd
Captain
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I never thought I would be bothered about the wind speed above 5m.
2017-9-24
Use props
James Whenman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 426375 ft
United States

Thanks Mark,
I have experienced all of these already and hope to again anytime.
2017-9-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahahaha. Great fun
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now