Inspire 2 High Altitude Propeller
3781 10 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roffen
lvl.1
United States

Can you use high altitude propeller for flights of 400 or so?  I got a message telling me that I2 knew what kind of propeller was installed and not to use low altitude?  Not sure why they would not work, they look the same.

R
2017-8-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Hi R,

When you say "400", do you mean feet, metres, flight level, AGL, ASL? Even if you are talking metres ASL, you would not need special props. DJI sell High altitude props for the I2 which are good for 2,500-5,000m so I'm pretty sure your machine won't mind being fitted with them. They can be found here.
Mark G.
2017-8-15
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-8-15 07:21
Hi R,

When you say "400", do you mean feet, metres, flight level, AGL, ASL? Even if you are talking metres ASL, you would not need special props. DJI sell High altitude props for the I2 which are good for 2,500-5,000m so I'm pretty sure your machine won't mind being fitted with them. They can be found here.

i have a couple pair that i really bought by mistake, i just did not know if i could use them for everyday use at 400 feet or so.

R
2017-8-15
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Sorry R, I misread your original post. I would imagine you can use them but the performance won't be a good. Not sure if you'd notice the difference.

Mark G.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Roffen, we don't suggest to use Quick Release Propellers in low-Altitude location.
These propellers are designed for high-altitude because they have strong propulsion against thin air. But they won't perform very well in low-Altitude.
Please use the normal Quick Release Propellers for safety.
2017-8-16
Use props
roffen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 02:09
Roffen, we don't suggest to use Quick Release Propellers in low-Altitude location.
These propellers are designed for high-altitude because they have strong propulsion against thin air. But they won't perform very well in low-Altitude.

ok thanks, i figured that was some good reason that i needed to not use them.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

roffen Posted at 2017-8-16 08:20

Yeah, safety first.
2017-8-17
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

roffen Posted at 2017-8-16 08:20

Safety is NOT the issue, its a matter of efficiency.

The high altitude props have a higher pitch and will turn slower at low altitudes, You only need the HA props at above 2500m.

I've actually flown from 2700m (conservatively) at the flight went well. The motors turn at a higher RPM because the air is thinner. GO 4 WILL tell you to use the HA props above 2500m but not above 2000m.
2017-8-17
Use props
adamhw
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 02:09

Hi Mindy

Can you point me in the direction of some low altitude propellors that i can purchase as i had the high altitude propellor warning today too?

Thanks

Adam
2019-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adamhw Posted at 3-18 13:32
Hi Mindy

Can you point me in the direction of some low altitude propellors that i can purchase as i had the high altitude propellor warning today too?

Hi Adam, we do not have the low altitude propellers, when flying in the altitude lower than 2500m, please mount the included Quick Release Propellers.
2019-3-20
Use props
transit 350
lvl.4
Flight distance : 169137 ft
  • >>>
United States

are there marking on the props to tell one from the other ??
2019-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules