Where to fly in Myrtle Beach
1525 2 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

The family and I are going to be vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC, in September. I've looked around on Google, but can't find anything about safe legal locations. I've even messaged the area chamber of commerece, but haven't heard anything back from them. With the GO app, and the FAA B4UFly app, I'm covered on the locations of NFZs. I was just wondering if anyone has flown their drones around the area, and if so, where is the best most safe area(s) that you have visited?

Thanks
2017-8-15
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want to fly on the beach In Myrtle beach you can fly between 30th Ave North, and then North up to Lake drive. I also fly in North Myrtle Beach North of Rout 9 in the Cherry Grove Beach area.

Just be careful flying on the beach especially when it is windy. You will loose your MP easily when you are against the wind.

The susset is really incredible, so make sure you get really nice pics.

Have fun and post some videos and pics!
2017-8-15
Use props
iamthewatchdog
lvl.3
United States

Sorry for taking so long to respond.  Thanks for the info. I checked on the B4U Fly App, and Cherry Grove is in the middle of one of the airports. Do you call air control? Or just fly?  Thanks for the recommendations!

2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules