Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tools for Phantom 3 ADV
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maritimer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Is there a set of tools needed for the Phantom 3 Adv avoilable anywhere. Im looking for the screw drivers for the landing gear and the arms of my drone. I think they begin woth the letter T then a number. Thanks

Daryl
2017-8-15
Use props
Russ_Sylvia_jr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 78074 ft
United States

i use a set of small screw drivers i bought from Walmart.
2017-8-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

#1 phillips screwdriver, #6 and #7 torx drivers
2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

They are referred to as Torx.......that is the "T", and there are a number of different sizes available. You probably need a T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, T-8 to cover anything on your phantom. normally they will come in sets for not much money, just about everywhere..........local hardware, Walmart....you get the picture. I can't remember exactly without looking just what you would need for the landing gear, but a small assorted set will get the job done.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 06:56
They are referred to as Torx.......that is the "T", and there are a number of different sizes available. You probably need a T-4, T-5, T-6, T-7, T-8 to cover anything on your phantom. normally they will come in sets for not much money, just about everywhere..........local hardware, Walmart....you get the picture. I can't remember exactly without looking just what you would need for the landing gear, but a small assorted set will get the job done.

Would the same set of tools work on a P4P?
If not, can you explain what would and what is needed...size, type, etc.?
Thanks!

2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-15 12:50
Would the same set of tools work on a P4P?
If not, can you explain what would and what is needed...size, type, etc.?
Thanks!

To be honest I have worked on quite a number of Phantom standards, advanced and the P3P, but I haven't had an opportunity to work on a P4 yet. I guess I am assuming they didn't change up the hardware that much. Maybe somebody else can verify what is needed. Shouldn't be that hard, it is either a phillip's screwdriver, standard screwdriver, torx , or maybe a hex or square configuration, which is available just about everywhere. I  wouldn't guess they would have any specialty type screws. Hope someone will chime in here. sorry, trying to answer the best I can, but like I said I can't confirm what type of hardware was used on your P4.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 14:19
To be honest I have worked on quite a number of Phantom standards, advanced and the P3P, but I haven't had an opportunity to work on a P4 yet. I guess I am assuming they didn't change up the hardware that much. Maybe somebody else can verify what is needed. Shouldn't be that hard, it is either a phillip's screwdriver, standard screwdriver, torx , or maybe a hex or square configuration, which is available just about everywhere. I  wouldn't guess they would have any specialty type screws. Hope someone will chime in here. sorry, trying to answer the best I can, but like I said I can't confirm what type of hardware was used on your P4.

OK thanks it was worth a shot
I hate to start a new thread about just this, so maybe someone will pop in and assist?
Cheers
2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-15 14:24
OK thanks it was worth a shot
I hate to start a new thread about just this, so maybe someone will pop in and assist?
Cheers

Sorry, I re-read your post. You have a 3PA right? All you need it the torx set like I said. And just regular tools.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 16:38
Sorry, I re-read your post. You have a 3PA right? All you need it the torx set like I said. And just regular tools.

Not sure which post you read but I'm getting a P4P...think you were on the right track before, but thank you for taking the time to answer
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

If the drone is in warranty, I would recommend you to send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules