Entered wrong SN for DJI Care Refresh.. misread last character!
2444 24 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_fEsfQsl
lvl.1
Bulgaria

I bought DJI Care Refresh for my Mavic Pro the other day and today I unboxed and successfully activated my drone, but was surprised when it asked me to buy DJI Care Refresh.

So I checked my DJI Care Refresh order and it turned out I have misread the last character of the aircraft serial number as the number 5, when it fact it was the letter S !

DJI, how can you have serial numbers that are so easy to get wrong!?

So I contacted chat and phone support, but both told me to email DJI Care.

I'm still waiting for response... I can't believe it is so easy to mess things up when purchasing DJI Care Refresh! It's easy to misread the small characters under the battery.. especially in low light...

Anyone had similar experience? Please advise me what to do.

2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on that, could you please PM me your email address? I will contact DJI Care Team to help you out as soon as possible.
2017-8-15
Use props
SkyEx
lvl.1
Bulgaria

I have PM'ed you, thanks!
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkyEx Posted at 2017-8-15 23:34
I have PM'ed you, thanks!

I have contacted DJI Care team to reply your email as soon as possible, appreciate your patience. Sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused.
2017-8-16
Use props
SkyEx
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Well, DJI Care team just replied they have forwarded my request to the "appropriate department"... Seems like DJI Care team is not dealing with DJI Care issues...

It's already 48 hours since I activated my drone, which probably means I just bought a 119 EUR present for some lucky guy... Ridiculous.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkyEx Posted at 2017-8-17 01:10
Well, DJI Care team just replied they have forwarded my request to the "appropriate department"... Seems like DJI Care team is not dealing with DJI Care issues...

It's already 48 hours since I activated my drone, which probably means I just bought a 119 EUR present for some lucky guy... Ridiculous.

Sorry for that, we have designated department who is working on it, I will keep you updated once it gets solved, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Update: the serial number has been transferred, please check the status in the link below: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage
2017-8-17
Use props
SkyEx
lvl.1
Bulgaria

Ok, great, now everything looks good. I hope that the "serial number replacement record" that is now on my account will not affect the service in any way, should I ever need assistance with my drone. Thanks!
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SkyEx Posted at 2017-8-17 10:41
Ok, great, now everything looks good. I hope that the "serial number replacement record" that is now on my account will not affect the service in any way, should I ever need assistance with my drone. Thanks!

It has been transferred successfully and won't affect the warranty service, please keep us posted if you have any further questions.
2017-8-17
Use props
maya58
New

Germany

I have purchased a brand new Phantom 4 Pro from a lady in ebay. She never found time to fly the drone and decided to sell it. She bought DJI Care Refresh(Phantom 4 Pro)for USD $149 and DJI agreed to transfer the DJI Care Refresh to me (the buyer because the drone was never used. At the time of activation, I realized that the first owner has purchased the DJI Care Refresh for a wrong serial number as it was really difficult to read the serial inside the drone. The correct serial number was 0AXCE6C0A30515
I'm now in Germany shooting for my documentary and it's now more than ten days that I send an email everyday to DJI  and still this matter has not resolved. I informed them that it is so important for me to film this and it has cost me thousands of pounds sofar but still no response. I have to pay for the flight tickets, hotel, etc to do this shoot and they don't consider my situation. No success in receiving a refund or registering my DJI care. If I have an accident in a flight here I don't have any protection whilst I have paid for the  DJI Care Refresh. very frustrated!!!
2017-12-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

maya58 Posted at 2017-12-30 13:10
I have purchased a brand new Phantom 4 Pro from a lady in ebay. She never found time to fly the drone and decided to sell it. She bought DJI Care Refresh(Phantom 4 Pro)for USD $149 and DJI agreed to transfer the DJI Care Refresh to me (the buyer because the drone was never used. At the time of activation, I realized that the first owner has purchased the DJI Care Refresh for a wrong serial number as it was really difficult to read the serial inside the drone. The correct serial number was 0AXCE6C0A30515
I'm now in Germany shooting for my documentary and it's now more than ten days that I send an email everyday to DJI  and still this matter has not resolved. I informed them that it is so important for me to film this and it has cost me thousands of pounds sofar but still no response. I have to pay for the flight tickets, hotel, etc to do this shoot and they don't consider my situation. No success in receiving a refund or registering my DJI care. If I have an accident in a flight here I don't have any protection whilst I have paid for the  DJI Care Refresh. very frustrated!!!

Hi Maya, could you tell us the ticket number when you contacted the DJI Care Team? We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2017-12-30
Use props
Omnither
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18540 ft
Poland

Hi. I have a similar problem as the user SkyEx. In my case, I only entered half of the number when buying insurance (Air 2S).

I sent the request along with the full documentation via the support panel. I have received my ticket (3704681).

I have not received any feedback since then. That's why I'm writing here. Please help
2021-8-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Omnither Posted at 8-3 14:00
Hi. I have a similar problem as the user SkyEx. In my case, I only entered half of the number when buying insurance (Air 2S).

I sent the request along with the full documentation via the support panel. I have received my ticket (3704681).

Hi Omnither, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'll forward your ticket to our corresponding team to check and follow up. We'll keep you updated via email soon.
2021-8-3
Use props
Omnither
lvl.1
Poland

Thank you very much. I have received a reply via email and I'm waiting for further updates about my case
2021-8-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Omnither Posted at 8-4 14:33
Thank you very much. I have received a reply via email and I'm waiting for further updates about my case

My pleasure to help. Hope your issue will be solved soon, I will also keep an eye on it.
2021-8-4
Use props
Omnither
lvl.1
Poland

My problem has been solved. Thank you for your help. Best regards
2021-8-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Omnither Posted at 8-9 14:18
My problem has been solved. Thank you for your help. Best regards

Thanks for your update. Glad to know that everything went smoothly. Hope you have a nice day!
2021-8-12
Use props
Bogdan Oprea
lvl.2

Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-17 19:36
It has been transferred successfully and won't affect the warranty service, please keep us posted if you have any further questions.

I am dealing with the same issue for my Air 2S, instead of typing Q as last letter from my aircraft serial number I typed K...very clever....
Dji Care Refresh is active now but for another drone. The good thing is that my drone is still not activated, not even unboxed.
Dji was notified about it, they requested the correct aircraft serial number and received the SN picture from me.
I am still waiting for my issue to be solved in order to unbox, activate and safely fly the drone...
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Bogdan Oprea Posted at 9-13 06:44
I am dealing with the same issue for my Air 2S, instead of typing Q as last letter from my aircraft serial number I typed K...very clever....
Dji Care Refresh is active now but for another drone. The good thing is that my drone is still not activated, not even unboxed.
Dji was notified about it, they requested the correct aircraft serial number and received the SN picture from me.

Hi there, Bogdan. We're sorry for the issues with the matter. I'll see to it that the team will be informed about this and seek their speedy response. We appreciate your patience and kind understanding.
2021-9-13
Use props
Bogdan Oprea
lvl.2

Romania

DJI Diana Posted at 9-13 07:17
Hi there, Bogdan. We're sorry for the issues with the matter. I'll see to it that the team will be informed about this and seek their speedy response. We appreciate your patience and kind understanding.

Hi, Diana, my issue was solved yesterday and everything is ok now. Thanks a lot for your support.
2021-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bogdan Oprea Posted at 9-13 21:57
Hi, Diana, my issue was solved yesterday and everything is ok now. Thanks a lot for your support.

Thanks for your update. Glad to know that the issue has been resolved. If there are any other concerns, please feel free to let us know.
2021-9-14
Use props
J.Stavrev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35755 ft
Bulgaria

Hello,

My drone crashed, I wanted to send it, but I accidently input the SN of another drone that I use (the other drone is the same model and also has DJI Care Refresh for 2 years).
Is there a way to change the Serial Number to the right one (the one that crashed)?

I couldn't find email or number to turn to for this issue.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

J.Stavrev Posted at 7-5 00:27
Hello,

My drone crashed, I wanted to send it, but I accidently input the SN of another drone that I use (the other drone is the same model and also has DJI Care Refresh for 2 years).

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We manage to pull out your case number through your forum account. You are advised to provide the correct SN for us via PM. We will help you to change it. Thank you.
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_itn3F8b3geTv
lvl.1
United States

I am having a similar issue. Need to change the S/N on DJI refresh. How long did it take for you to resolve the issue?
2023-7-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_itn3F8b3geTv Posted at 7-11 08:01
I am having a similar issue. Need to change the S/N on DJI refresh. How long did it take for you to resolve the issue?

Hello, I appreciate you bringing up this matter. Please email support@dji.com with your correct serial number as well as the serial number you typed mistakenly in for more help. The relevant team handling the concern will send you updates accordingly.
2023-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules