Warning: Current RTH will pass a NoFly zone, ...
1507 6 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ACSoft
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70778 ft
Switzerland

DJI,
While flying in an authorization zone I have unlocked (La Blecherette / Switzerland), I receive very often the following warning "Current RTH will pass a NoFly zone, pay attention to the aircraft position to avoid RTH failure" in TOTALLY INAPROPRIATE CIRCUMSTANCES. I explain:

After my Home location has been memorized, I start my motors and start to fly around this location, but NEVER GOING into the red restricted zone, NEVER HAVING a part of the red restricted zone in between my Home location and the actual position of the drone, which would be the only case where this message would be appropriate. In fact, just by flying around, at short distances of the Home location and even relatively far from the red restricted zone, I receive this totally inapropriate message very often.

Please, correct this very boring problem.

Thanks in forward.

2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you PM me your DJI Account and synchronize the flight records? I'd like to check the exact status.
2017-8-15
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-15 18:47
Could you PM me your DJI Account and synchronize the flight records? I'd like to check the exact status.

Now that you have my account info, you will be able to verify that this message occur, in fact, once at the beginning of each flight. This is almost what report flight records in DJI GO 4 application.

Now, if this warning assimilate the UNLOCKED (!!!) "authorization zone" (yellow zone) to the NoFly zone, I may understand why this warning occur. But, what is sure, it is that the text is totally inapropriate.
2017-8-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

In a direct path on RTH, how far are you from the path you took to get there ?
2017-8-17
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-17 04:58
In a direct path on RTH, how far are you from the path you took to get there ?

My flights in this aera (my home) are always entierely inside the yellow authorization zone and the whole trajectory NEVER cross the red zone nor get around it, so, in all cases, the direct path from the aircraft to the home point, NEVER cross the red NoFly zone.

In fact, most of the time I fly AWAY from the red zone, but even so, I receive this stupid inadapted warning. To my view, this message would only be correct and useful, if you start to go around the red zone, to a point where the direct path on RTH start crossing the red NoFly zone.

What is bad with such kind of inadapted message, is that, finally, you don't care anymore of it and maybe, the day who it would be correct, you will ignore it. Do you realize this, DJI ?
2017-8-17
Use props
ACSoft
lvl.2
Switzerland

Even more crasy:

This morning, I went outside my authorization zone, in the middle of the next zone, the Enhanced warning zone (green) and I get the message again !?!?
2017-8-18
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I also see those from time to time, living in a "Enhanced warning zone" that only exist in DJI's imagination.
Strange thing is that it is only sometimes it gives this warning, at least it should be everytime i do a flight if the zone was correct.

And you're right, it should not claim it to be a NoFly zone if in fact is is a Auth or warning zone.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules