Horrible customer service and app
840 13 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nhlevin
New
United States

For the most part, I'm having a great time with the Mavic Pro, used primarily for our business, shooting street soccer scenes.  A very impressive bird.
Though any enjoyment and satisfaction form the aircraft itself is offset by the HORRIBLE follow-up from DJI as well as the rediculously buggy DJO Go 4 App, which crashes at least 2-3x/flight.  Always fun to be flying in the blind for those 20-30 seconds until the app decides to re-launch.

As for the customer service, the very cheaply made camera cover snapped almost instantly from nothing more than taking it on and off.  I asked for a replacement SEVENTY days ago, and I get the most nonsensical responses, written by someone who quite obviously has just learned how to speak/write English in the last few days.  I tried over a diozen times to contact Cusomter service in the open case thread before going to the forum yet I still don't have the part, only excuses.

What a shame to spend this much and get teased into believing that DJI has their sh*t together, when they clearly do not.

2017-8-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are several folks that frequent this forum that work for DJI. Post your case number and as soon as one of them sees this thread, they'll look into it. They're pretty good about checking into stuff like that.
2017-8-15
Use props
Warlord1390
New
Flight distance : 12077 ft
Canada

I had the exact same situation with the customer service, I talked with chat support about the Mavic gimbal cover breaking; the claws snapped off, assuming it was my fault I went and bought another cover only for the exact same issue to occur on the new cover 2 weeks later. The chat support sent me to call the tech support, I call them and end up explaining the issue is the gimbal cover and not the gimbal for about 40 minutes, how they didn't understand that and kept asking me to ship my whole drone in is beyond me. They finally understand what is going on and advised they cut a tech support ticket for someone to follow up with me, this was done last week Tuesday. Looking today at my support account there are no open cases. I have had enough with the lack of support DJI has given!!!
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the unpleasant experience, did you get a case number from the Support? Please provide me with your case number or ticket number, so I can look into it. As for the APP, what mobile device are you using? Have you tried to run the APP when your phone is in the airplane mode?
2017-8-15
Use props
nhlevin
New
United States

[CAS-685539-Z3W0N0]
No, I have not run the app from airplane mode.  
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

nhlevin Posted at 2017-8-16 06:49
[CAS-685539-Z3W0N0]
No, I have not run the app from airplane mode.

Thanks for your update.
The case has been escalated to local team to follow up, sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service.
May I know what mobile device you are using? What is the APP version?
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Warlord1390 Posted at 2017-8-15 18:28
I had the exact same situation with the customer service, I talked with chat support about the Mavic gimbal cover breaking; the claws snapped off, assuming it was my fault I went and bought another cover only for the exact same issue to occur on the new cover 2 weeks later. The chat support sent me to call the tech support, I call them and end up explaining the issue is the gimbal cover and not the gimbal for about 40 minutes, how they didn't understand that and kept asking me to ship my whole drone in is beyond me. They finally understand what is going on and advised they cut a tech support ticket for someone to follow up with me, this was done last week Tuesday. Looking today at my support account there are no open cases. I have had enough with the lack of support DJI has given!!!

Warlord, we are really sorry for your experience, could you please PM me your email address or contact number which you provided to our support to start a case? I will help to check  in our system, thank you.
2017-8-16
Use props
nhlevin
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-16 18:59
Thanks for your update.
The case has been escalated to local team to follow up, sorry for the inconvenience that has been caused, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service.
May I know what mobile device you are using? What is the APP version?

Why does the replacement of something a simple as a gamble cover need to be "escalated."  Just send the part.

Android S6
V 4.1.5.
2017-8-17
Use props
Rex59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24354 ft
United States

nhlevin Posted at 2017-8-17 05:33
Why does the replacement of something a simple as a gamble cover need to be "escalated."  Just send the part.

Android S6

That's just the way things are done in DJI's world. Bizarre but true.
2017-8-17
Use props
nhlevin
New
United States

HAH, this is a riot.  Just got this message.  Mind you that it's now been over 2 1/2 months of me asking for the part, over a dozen and a half email exchanges, this forum post (along with some very bad ratings on retailer sites) and they tell me that my matter is being "investigated."

Thank you for contacting DJI support. Your case has been escalated, and is currently being investigated by a customer support supervisor. We appreciate your patience and will reply back shortly.
Did I mention that all I want is a new gimble cover because the original cracked the day after I got the aircraft?

I can imagine the investigation:

Customer Service Rep: The customer has complained of a cracked gimble cover.  
Investigator: I smell conspiracy.  We need to escalate this.  There are probably leaks.
Internal Legal Counsel: We'll sue the basta*d.  
President: Someone's head will roll.  Let me Tweet about it first.
President Tweet: Fake Complaints. Pansy users who are destroying our company.  Fire them all and someone had better
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nhlevin Posted at 2017-8-17 15:06
HAH, this is a riot.  Just got this message.  Mind you that it's now been over 2 1/2 months of me asking for the part, over a dozen and a half email exchanges, this forum post (along with some very bad ratings on retailer sites) and they tell me that my matter is being "investigated."

Thank you for contacting DJI support. Your case has been escalated, and is currently being investigated by a customer support supervisor. We appreciate your patience and will reply back shortly.

By ''escalated'' I mean the case was reported to local repair team to follow up because we are unable to help to send you the gimbal cover directly, we just here to listen to customer's complaint and feedback and then transfer to appropriate department to take care of and try our best to help customer out. Sorry for the confusion.
And your gimbal cover has been shipped out, I will PM you the shipping label.
2017-8-17
Use props
nhlevin
New
United States

So why wasn't it "escalated" on June 2nd when I first contacted customer service.  Was the escalator not working then?

2017-8-18
Use props
Dracula
New
United States

Yes, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. I bought online store DJI.com a MAVIC PRO on July 15th 2017. The drone MAVIC Pro has the front legs different. The front left landing gear is bigger 0.5 mm in diameter, and cannot put extension bought also from DJI. After 100 phones and 45 emails they send to me a shipping label. UPS lost the package, but after calls they found the drone for Cerritos California. In the package wit the drone I specified the defect from factory. I send photos, but they send a email: "the drone is perfect"!? Probably a man with different legs is perfect, but he cannot run. They are out of mind. Do not buy from DJI.com never. Buy from the store and you can return easy and elegant if is a defect from factory. You loose money and time. But you can discover a costumer service and "tech staff" HORRIBLE. It is incredibly
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Dracula Posted at 2017-8-18 17:14
Yes, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. I bought online store DJI.com a MAVIC PRO on July 15th 2017. The drone MAVIC Pro has the front legs different. The front left landing gear is bigger 0.5 mm in diameter, and cannot put extension bought also from DJI. After 100 phones and 45 emails they send to me a shipping label. UPS lost the package, but after calls they found the drone for Cerritos California. In the package wit the drone I specified the defect from factory. I send photos, but they send a email: "the drone is perfect"!? Probably a man with different legs is perfect, but he cannot run. They are out of mind. Do not buy from DJI.com never. Buy from the store and you can return easy and elegant if is a defect from factory. You loose money and time. But you can discover a costumer service and "tech staff" HORRIBLE. It is incredibly

Sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience, I've informed our appropriate team to look into your case, will have someone contact you and make it clear to you, hope it can be sorted out shortly, appreciate your patience.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules