Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
More learning.....mountains and wind this time.
1152 18 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Had a great oportunity to do a quick flight while we were working today. Quite an updraft on one side and rocks all around.
I have a lot to learn as far as aesthetic results when filming video. Small adjustments are super irritating to watch after the fact and in truth I am a little bummed that such a great locale was beyond my skills to come away with a good representation of the amazing place I was flying.

Small window for the flight though so in truth I was lucky to get in the air at all.

2017-8-15
Use props
fabcarb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 881818 ft
Brazil

You have such a great office view
Nice shot!
2017-8-15
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

May I ask what you do for a living good sir?
2017-8-15
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

fabcarb Posted at 2017-8-15 19:08
You have such a great office view
Nice shot!

Indeed! Some days are better than others but today was grand!
2017-8-15
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-8-15 19:09
May I ask what you do for a living good sir?

Communications Tech. 30 odd years.  
2017-8-15
Use props
Rawsome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Learning curve is bitter sometimes but at least you had a wicked playground!
Rule of thumb
See a shot - leave a shot! Less is more.
hold your breath count till 5, heck 10 if you can and than move on, trust me it will make that pain of a ruined sequence almost go away
Also still learning but this has helped me a lot to get more out of a great shot. Amazing footage btw, jelly over here, good job!
2017-8-15
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

Rawsome Posted at 2017-8-15 19:30
Learning curve is bitter sometimes but at least you had a wicked playground!
Rule of thumb
See a shot - leave a shot! Less is more.

Thanks! When we initially flew up I had left the drone in the truck as it seemed to be too busy a day to mess with it. As soon as we landed I regretted it! Thankfully the pilot asked if I wanted him to bring the drone up when he came to get us which afforded me this small window to mess about. He was even kind enough to pack some tools while I flew. Nice guy for sure.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The scenery looks great! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy it.
2017-8-15
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Lucky you! Acually, with this 10-15 minutes flight time, the Spark is a perfekt lunchbreak drone!
2017-8-15
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-8-15 22:40
Lucky you! Acually, with this 10-15 minutes flight time, the Spark is a perfekt lunchbreak drone!

LOL....unless most of that time is spent squinting and racing about like a hawk with no head! ;)
2017-8-16
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, drone AND helicopter.  I'm jealous.
2017-8-16
Use props
Chris Watts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43379 ft
United Kingdom

Haha - when you panned around to begin with and revealed the chopper, I didn't have a sense of scale and assumed it was a small model helicopter, I only adjusted to the scale when I saw the guy walking towards it! I can totally relate to your irritation at minor adjustments during a shot. I need to learn not to that too - as it looks horrible when the shot is suddenly jerked into a different position. Were you in Tripod mode when you took these pictures? It looks as if not - that mode certain helps with the sudden jerky motions. Thanks for sharing.
2017-8-16
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

Chris Watts Posted at 2017-8-16 06:08
Haha - when you panned around to begin with and revealed the chopper, I didn't have a sense of scale and assumed it was a small model helicopter, I only adjusted to the scale when I saw the guy walking towards it! I can totally relate to your irritation at minor adjustments during a shot. I need to learn not to that too - as it looks horrible when the shot is suddenly jerked into a different position. Were you in Tripod mode when you took these pictures? It looks as if not - that mode certain helps with the sudden jerky motions. Thanks for sharing.

I wasn't in tripod mode sadly. Just another example of being kind of sensory overloaded by the device itself, for me anyway. Hoping it will all become a bit more second nature with practice. Was messing with tripod this morning and yeah, totally what I should have been using yesterday.
2017-8-16
Use props
lafoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1402680 ft
Portugal

wow!... Great place... Nice video
2017-8-16
Use props
Spookymike
lvl.4
Germany

Lucky you. Great location. Seems to be a cool job! Go on :-)
2017-8-16
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Canada

Spookymike Posted at 2017-8-16 11:30
Lucky you. Great location. Seems to be a cool job! Go on :-)

Thanks. I hope to return there for a redo.

Here's another clip from there. I had my skirt hiked up to go down this little draw....quite windy and not as cool as I thought.

Live and learn.

2017-8-16
Use props
mtnlandpix
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I enjoyed your video.  Very cool locale!
2017-8-16
Use props
Chris Watts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43379 ft
United Kingdom

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-8-16 06:39
I wasn't in tripod mode sadly. Just another example of being kind of sensory overloaded by the device itself, for me anyway. Hoping it will all become a bit more second nature with practice. Was messing with tripod this morning and yeah, totally what I should have been using yesterday.

Can definitely relate to that sensory overload thing. Having flown mine for maybe 30-40 flights, it's only now that I feel I'm getting a slightly better awareness. But I've got some way to go yet. I compare it to when you first pass your driving test, and you feel like there is so much to keep an eye on. But over time it becomes second nature.
2017-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice video.  What an amazing place to fly.
2022-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules